Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

Im thinking about switching to at&t and want an iphone but dont know if i should wait for the 3gs..
nerd.gif

Should i just get the 3g for $99, i mean is the 3gs really that big of an improvement from the 3g?

Video would be nice and all that but the $99 is just a really good deal to me.

Suggestion?
nerd.gif

so if i got the 3g iphone say about a month and a half ago, ill be paying full price for the upgraded iphone?

ok can someone help me out now, i am done with verizon and thinking about making the switch just for the iphone, i already set 300 aside, is it worth to buy,which one should i buy..and how much would it be. Im thinkin 16gb is enough, also is iphone 3g plus upgrade = to 3gs?

thanks for any help

Originally Posted by EB4President

ok can someone help me out now, i am done with verizon and thinking about making the switch just for the iphone, i already set 300 aside, is it worth to buy, which one should i buy..and how much would it be. Im thinkin 16gb is enough, also is iphone 3g plus upgrade = to 3gs?

thanks for any help
I want to switch to at&t also, so someone answer this question
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by EveryDayKicks

ok can someone help me out now, i am done with verizon and thinking about making the switch just for the iphone, i already set 300 aside, is it worth to buy, which one should i buy..and how much would it be. Im thinkin 16gb is enough, also is iphone 3g plus upgrade = to 3gs?

thanks for any help
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

ok can someone help me out now, i am done with verizon and thinking about making the switch just for the iphone, i already set 300 aside, is it worth to buy,
which one should i buy..and how much would it be. Im thinkin 16gb is enough, also is iphone 3g plus upgrade = to 3gs?

thanks for any help
laugh.gif

if you dont need the space, 16GB should be plenty. i have whole tv show seasons, about 3 gigs of music, and all my apps and still have about a gig left over.it costs me about $230 out the door for my 16GB. and idk what your second question means, but if you walk into the store next week, iphone 3g=$99, iphone 3GS=$199/$299 depending on the model you choose

Soo next week is when the 3g is $99? I thought it took place today, but what do I know
laugh.gif

But is the 3gs really worth it in the end?

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

are there any features that the 3gs will have that the 3g wont? im confused about that part
Compass
Better camera
Video recording
Voice control (
pimp.gif
)
Faster performance when loading apps and switching between them
Better battery life
At least double the memory of your current 3g

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

are there any features that the 3gs will have that the 3g wont? im confused about that part
The 3GS has faster processing speed, records/edits video and the camera is 3megapixels. Everything else is the same once you install the 3.0software update.

Soo next week is when the 3g is $99? I thought it took place today, but what do I know
laugh.gif

3g IS $99 today. It's been on the Apple site and is now on AT&T's website
happy.gif

Is there anyway of going around the activation process? because i want to buy it for 199$ and bring it back home to Sweden

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

laugh.gif

3g IS $99 today. It's been on the Apple site and is now on AT&T's website
happy.gif
Damn, i want the new one but the price of the 3g is making it a tough choice..

decisions...decisions
ohwell.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stack Bundless

Is there anyway of going around the activation process? because i want to buy it for 199$ and bring it back home to Sweden

LMFAOOOO NO

80s you work for at&t right? at my job i can get a discount on an at&t plan...does that go for and iphone plan also or just on other phones...

I qualify for the $199 16gb but 52.41 for tax. SMH

* Cart Subtotal $199.00
* Savings -
* Free Shipping Shipping $0.00
* Estimated Tax $52.41
* Order Total $251.41

Originally Posted by j8y:nerd:4

Ok...so I upgraded my broken 2g to a 3g exactly 14 days ago. I called my ATT store and the guy said it was all "rumors" and that the new price wasn't confirmed.

I wanna know if I should pay the $20 restocking fee and return my phone or if I should take the $100?
I'm on the same boat as you. I bought a 3g to replace my faulty 2g a week ago, and was wondering if at&t would provide me with a price adjustment? Is that what you meant when you asked if you should take the $100? Any input would help. Thanks.
I called AT&T customer service and they told me this...

30 day return policy - must be in like new condition with original box, etc.
10% restocking fee

So if you purchased your phone from an AT&T store within 30 days of today you should be able to get $100 back and if you purchased it within 30 days of June 19th, you'll be able to exchange your current phone for the 16gb plus the cost of restocking your old phone
Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it. One last question, do you know if we would be able to return the 3g + restocking fee for the3gs on the 19th, or would we have to add more $$ on top of that to purchase it?

AT&T get worse!!!!!
mad.gif

AT&T to Eventually Offer Tethering in the U.S.

Monday June 08, 2009 05:53 PM EST; Category: iPhone
Written by arn

Mac News
While iPhone customers might have been glad to hear that the newest iPhone 3.0 software supports both MMS and Tethering, U.S. customers found they were goingto be left a bit behind.

According to one report MMS will be delayed as current iPhone customers' accounts have to be manually enabled to support MMS. Regardless, Apple did saythat MMS would be coming to AT&T iPhone users but it would be delayed by a number of months.

Meanwhile, an AT&T rep is said to have confirmed that Tethering is in the works for U.S. customers but that nothing could be announced at this time. BoyGenius also has heard that tethering is in the works but suggests it could be included into a $70/month Unlimited Data + Tethering plan.

Back
Top Bottom