Official Apple WWDC 2009 Thread

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

80s you work for at&t right? at my job i can get a discount on an at&t plan...does that go for and iphone plan also or just on other phones...
depends on the company some companies wont discount the iphone plan. you would have to go into a store location and have them give you all thedetails. right about now discount on the iphone 3G plan is standard it varies here and there though.

After taking some time to thing about it, I am going to leave the 3Gs be for awhile. Hell I still use my 2G and my 3G is just on ice waiting for the 3.0update. Right now there isn't really anything that I really want from the 3Gs this early in the game. This will be real intresting from what I can see the3Gs is really made for current 3G owners and a great deal of them can't upgrade right now. AT&T is really screwing up, but I can care less, I work outof the country, so as long as my service provider let sme do it here, I am cool. New MBP 15' must be bought though. and Snow Leopard for $29.99 is piff

i jsut bought my phone 2 months ago and i get the early upgrade pricing

As a valued AT&T customer, AT&T can offer you an early iPhone upgrade with a new 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. You may qualify for a standardiPhone upgrade on 12/06/2010.

* $299.00* - 8GB iPhone 3G (black)
* $399.00* - 16GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)
* $499.00* - 32GB iPhone 3G S (black or white)

choices...choices

Originally Posted by encore2007

I'm in no rush to get the 3GS if they'd switched the looks a lil bit it woulda been instant. I can hold out just a lil bit. It's going on year 3 and they're just giving us stuff that the phone shouldve have from jump
Agreed. I ahve the first gen and I'll be keeping it. Hopefully next year they make a bigger upgrade. I don't necessarily want a changein looks. But I want more specs and stuff. 4G is what I'd really want. But we probably won't be seeing it till 2011.

the iphone looks like it's gonna go the route of the ipod...that is, seeing minor updates every year (around june for WWDC). if that's the case, ireally can't afford to keep up w/ the updates. apple always seems to make the updates just enough to make me wanna switch. i'm glad i'm on the boldnow and will probably stay here until the iphone manages to blow it out of the water.

the new macbook pro on the other hand is a problem. sd card reader + better battery life = photographer's dream. minus the fact i hate editing on my laptopit sounds like it'd be a great tool if i need to dump images quickly

blah!

Originally Posted by Late80s

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

80s you work for at&t right? at my job i can get a discount on an at&t plan...does that go for and iphone plan also or just on other phones...
depends on the company some companies wont discount the iphone plan. you would have to go into a store location and have them give you all the details. right about now discount on the iphone 3G plan is standard it varies here and there though.

'preciate it...

Originally Posted by Miniojw

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

For Snow Leopard, are you gonna have to wipe out your hard drive and start over?
I hope not.

no. you can install the new OS and keep all your files and even your preferences, with no issue

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

Originally Posted by Miniojw

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

For Snow Leopard, are you gonna have to wipe out your hard drive and start over?
I hope not.

no. you can install the new OS and keep all your files and even your preferences, with no issue

eek.gif

Really? That's remarkable. YES!
pimp.gif

Lol, not gonna lie, Apple laid an egg with the iPhone this year. They're trying to feature new features that have been standard on other smart phonesforever. Copy and Paste??? Video recording? A compass, really??? Processing speed??? what's the point if you can only run one app at a time anyway. I'mnot mad, I just expected more from Apple. Those Macbooks and OSX is looking good though. And before you ask, I'm a BB user haha

Hmm sounds a little disappointing to me. I guess I'll end up getting Snow Leopard.

For people "in the know" any rumors about a bigger iTouch or updated version of the iPod anytime in the next year?

Originally Posted by eLNiNo4530

are there any features that the 3gs will have that the 3g wont? im confused about that part
Compass
Better camera
Video recording
Voice control (
pimp.gif
)
Faster performance when loading apps and switching between them
Better battery life
At least double the memory of your current 3g

And also Turn-by-turn Gps Provided by Tom Tom

Originally Posted by StarburyPtGod

Hmm sounds a little disappointing to me. I guess I'll end up getting Snow Leopard.

For people "in the know" any rumors about a bigger iTouch or updated version of the iPod anytime in the next year?

September. We just have to wait.

Originally Posted by RLAK824

are there any features that the 3gs will have that the 3g wont? im confused about that part
Compass
Better camera
Video recording
Voice control (
pimp.gif
)
Faster performance when loading apps and switching between them
Better battery life
At least double the memory of your current 3g

And also Turn-by-turn Gps Provided by Tom Tom
Um actually the GPS update is in the 3.0 software update. 3G users will get that.

I really don't wanna pay $399 to upgrade. Isn't there a way to cancel your account without having to pay the fee? Like saying you don't get servicewhere you live.

even if you cancel now, you'd still have to wait 90 days to sign up as a new customer again

snow leapoard is the next installment of the Mac OS X, its updates a few features that leopard has while adding a few new features one being exchange support

Originally Posted by j8y:nerd:4

Originally Posted by j8y:nerd:4

Ok...so I upgraded my broken 2g to a 3g exactly 14 days ago. I called my ATT store and the guy said it was all "rumors" and that the new price wasn't confirmed.

I wanna know if I should pay the $20 restocking fee and return my phone or if I should take the $100?
I'm on the same boat as you. I bought a 3g to replace my faulty 2g a week ago, and was wondering if at&t would provide me with a price adjustment? Is that what you meant when you asked if you should take the $100? Any input would help. Thanks.
I called AT&T customer service and they told me this...

30 day return policy - must be in like new condition with original box, etc.
10% restocking fee

So if you purchased your phone from an AT&T store within 30 days of today you should be able to get $100 back and if you purchased it within 30 days of June 19th, you'll be able to exchange your current phone for the 16gb plus the cost of restocking your old phone
Thank you very much for the info. I appreciate it. One last question, do you know if we would be able to return the 3g + restocking fee for the 3gs on the 19th, or would we have to add more $$ on top of that to purchase it?
My understanding is you return it on the 19th and pay the $20 restocking fee and get the 3gs

Call your local at&t store though just to make sure

Back
Top Bottom