Official Atheist/Non-Believer Appreciation Thread. Vol. Yes we exist

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

^ You aren't supposed to take the bible literally. That is the part they don't tell you in church.

Oh ok, so then it's figurative. Which means that it's based on a myth, or myths.

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Man E

^ You aren't supposed to take the bible literally. That is the part they don't tell you in church.

Oh ok, so then it's figurative. Which means that it's based on a myth, or myths.
Yeah...those stories have been told/retold for a looong long time. Doesn't mean you can't take anything from the Bible though.

Yeah...those stories have been told/retold for a looong long time. Doesn't mean you can't take anything from the Bible though.

Sorry but Daytona does not speak for all Christians, you either believe it all or none, sorry, you cant create the bible to fit you, you fit theword..........if you cant believe it why believe any of it? if you cant believe one things then what makes you think the rest is true..........sorry butwhatever Daytona believes is not what the Bible teaches and you will find no such thing in the bible to back that up

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

are the most belittled minority in America
99115ce98aea723952c5459f4d201856cf69da2.gif

YOU can QUOTE ME ON THIS. George W. Bush's father( campaigning for PRESIDENT AT THE TIME HE SAID THIS!!!) "Atheists should not even beconsidered citizens or patriots".

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Sorry but Daytona does not speak for all Christians, you either believe it all or none, sorry, you cant create the bible to fit you, you fit the word..........if you cant believe it why believe any of it? if you cant believe one things then what makes you think the rest is true..........sorry but whatever Daytona believes is not what the Bible teaches and you will find no such thing in the bible to back that up
cosign. I don't speak for christians at all, seeing as I am not one, but I disagree with your statement that its either all or nothing.Nothing in life is cut and dry,black or white, so why should this be?

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Official Athiest Appreciation Thread. Vol. Yes we exist
smh.gif
instant failure. At least religious people know how to spell.
Let though who uses correct grammar 100% of the time throw the first smh face.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by untouchable jc

Jesus is the only way to eternal life... Good luck if you don't make the choice
Say word? He told you this himself?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

But yo, I just realized who Anton Lavey is. You into all that?

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Nine Satanic Statements[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]from The Satanic Bible, [emoji]169[/emoji]1969[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Anton Szandor LaVey[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]français][/font][/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted oningrates![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychicvampires![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than thosethat walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, oremotional gratification![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business allthese years![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Anton Szandor LaVey[/font] [font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][emoji]169[/emoji]1967[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][Spanish, Croation][/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3. When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person andhe cries out to be relieved.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires.If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]9. Do not harm little children.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. Ifhe does not stop, destroy him.[/font]

Sorry but Daytona does not speak for all Christians, you either believe it all or none, sorry, you cant create the bible to fit you, you fit the word..........if you cant believe it why believe any of it? if you cant believe one things then what makes you think the rest is true..........sorry but whatever Daytona believes is not what the Bible teaches and you will find no such thing in the bible to back that up
The way I take the Bible is that there is meaning and purpose for every event in it. These meanings are to guide to me live a righteous life, theone GOD wants me to live.Are some of the stories farfetched? Clearly since there are ppl who doubt it and are Athiests. As out there as it may seem, I havefaith that the word of GOD has meaning and purpose to guide me in the right direction.

So everyone following other gods are just wrong and idiots and only you are right? Religion=ducktales, just a way of making people do what you want.

Originally Posted by Lemonade41

I can see why people become athiests, but I don't see how. I respect the athiests that DONT try to shove it down your throat or belittle religion at every turn though. Besides, how are gonna go to heaven or hell if you dont believe in it?

You bet your #!@ I believe in God though and I could stand to become a better Christian.
The only way I can put this is like how when your parents tell you to do something or else. But you don't do it and nothing happens. I dislikeAtheists that do that to be honest. I'll side with a religious person if an argument over that arose. Kudos to you becoming a better Christian and not theones that knick pick stuff out of the bible that they want to follow or live by.

cosign. I don't speak for christians at all, seeing as I am not one, but I disagree with your statement that its either all or nothing. Nothing in life is cut and dry,black or white, so why should this be?

nothing in life is cut or dry?.....what world you live on? Nothing? the Bible says itself it's all or nothing.........sorry but you cant say "take theBible for what it is" people like that give people like me a bad name "I know Christians like you" and boom I cant say anything..........2reasons why people are or are not Christians 1, they know a Christian and 2 they have met a Christian

To the people who are christians:

Man A:
A man who's lived his life full of 'sin';let's say he's lied, robbed, threatened, killed, or any single one of these things. Let's suppose he goes to church and asks god for forgiveness.

Man B:
Is an honest Man, helps others out, a good person who's been beneficial to the society, but doesn't believe in God.

According to your 'rules', Man A will be accepted into heaven, and Man B wouldn't. Is that even logical?

Why spend time going to church, would an almighty being really want mortals to be wasting their lives sitting in a hall 'praising' him?

Why not do something productive instead of attending church, use the hours to help out in your community, I don't know something else that'll actually make the world a better place?

Is there ANY proof that there's a god? Does anyone have a picture, some artifacts, a formula? Is there any proof that Jesus was even a real person?

Where's everyone who was born before Jesus? They possibly couldn't have been "christians", so what did god do to them?

Do you REALLY believe the stories in the Bible?

How is it possible to rip a rib out of your own body and not bleed to death?

How can a snake talk?

How can all the animals in the world fit into a single boat?

I believe there are other living things in space, why? Because there are billions of planets who are the perfectly distant from the sun to be able to sustain H20 (liquid water) a bases of life. (Scientifically proven-It's just a matter of whether the planet is "rock" not gas)

So are these other living things, IF there are any, not subject to god's rules? What if they're not made in God's image, would they be allowed into heaven?

Are you saying that the theory of evolution is not real? Did we not evolve from apes? But it's a scientific fact with proof. How is this possible?

Where are all the believers!? Come on, anyone want to take a shot at it?

cosign. I don't speak for christians at all, seeing as I am not one, but I disagree with your statement that its either all or nothing. Nothing in life is cut and dry,black or white, so why should this be?

nothing in life is cut or dry?.....what world you live on? Nothing? the Bible says itself it's all or nothing.........sorry but you cant say "take the Bible for what it is" people like that give people like me a bad name "I know Christians like you" and boom I cant say anything..........2 reasons why people are or are not Christians 1, they know a Christian and 2 they have met a Christian

since you aren't supposed to take the bible literally (in my opinion) than that leaves the subject matter up for interpretation. like all the christianchurches i've been to really had me believing that an actual physical place called hell existed!
eek.gif

"Where are all the believers!? Come on, anyone want to take a shot at it?"

Yes but Ive been replying allllll day, I gotta go out and get Stuff for Thanksgiving Dinner........Ill hit this up tomorrow, this thread it too hard to checkfrom my phone

It's funny because two years ago I came out(pause) to three of my "BEST" friends that were VERY religious. We were getting older so we werehaving much more mature conversations. So it's Ash Monday(if your Catholic). My friend's fighting my other friend because he ate a hamburger on AshMonday he smacked the hamburger out of his hand and he was suspecting him of being a non-believer etc and that he wasn't a true Catholic. Me and myChristian friend were just watching and cracking up laughing at the them fighting over who was more Catholic. So they was me who they think is more Catholicand I say I don't really care I'm an Atheist...it got REALLY quiet. Two years later I'm no longer friends with them but I SEE THEM EVERYDAY, theyjust faded away which I think is pretty wack. Not to mention I saw one at the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 midnight launch.
roll.gif

The Bible clearly is not supposed to be taken literally. In fact it is much more logical to assume that after the death of Jesus the stories of his life wereexaggerated to make it seem like he was not a man, but a divine being and the son of God. This was done before him, and it was done after him with Muhammad.While a man named Jesus who did many great things and spread very virtuous ideas around, it's doubtful that he actually walked on water, turned water intowine, etc etc.

Im agnostic and i went to church a couple times. And i realized that god doesnt really exist. The idea of church and christianity is just the means oftranquility and it serves as a placebo for feeling good. I felt good about myself after going to church but i also know theres no such thing as a god, becauseim also a realist and i dont see how ppl think theres a magician in the sky that can grant wishes (prayers)

Where are all the believers!? Come on, anyone want to take a shot at it?

go find a christian forum and ask them.
grin.gif

knowing NT, im not going to waste my time...

people interpret the Bible in many different ways. some literally some not.

I am NOT attacking Christians at all. I don't NOT think that I am smarter than ANYONE just based on my lack of belief in a higher power.

Originally Posted by Lizett

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Say word? He told you this himself?
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

But yo, I just realized who Anton Lavey is. You into all that?

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Nine Satanic Statements[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]from The Satanic Bible, [emoji]169[/emoji]1969[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Anton Szandor LaVey[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]français][/font][/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]2. Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3. Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4. Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]5. Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6. Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]8. Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]9. Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years![/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]by Anton Szandor LaVey[/font] [font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][emoji]169[/emoji]1967[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][Spanish, Croation][/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3. When in another's lair, show him respect or else do not go there.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]9. Do not harm little children.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.[/font]

[font=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.[/font]

These are a lot similar to how everyone exists nowadays anyhow. I believe in God, a higher power for that matter. Cause for me, I just can't say that weall exist here for no reason. There's a big bang theory, but I'll just counter that with "why there is even matter or atoms and/or a big bang tobegin with?" questions. I haven't been to a church service this year.. maybe one earlier on. I just never feel like God's presence while there. I went to a Catholic school K-7th Grade. I learned a lot about the Bible, got baptized and saved later on as well. Who knows what to believe anymore. No oneknows a damn thing when it comes down to it. There's like no direct connect with God or Heaven, other than within yourself. Only thing that keeps me tiedto believing really is witnessing a miracle (well something that couldn't be explained by science, AT ALL), and the fact that I saw someone with a demon inthem. Crazyness. I really think some people are becoming Atheists because it's a cool thing to do. I dunno... I could just never see myself givingeverything up all together. People just want to die and realize there's no next stage; word to game over.

Originally Posted by Stixx

I don't care if you are an athiest are not...we all believe in something...
Oh, so you don't think that are people that don't believe in anything?

Just wanna remind everyone that religion is not only Christianity. A lot of people bash religion but then end up just attacking Christian doctrines. I'm apracticing Muslim and I have Atheist friends and talk to Atheists (almost) everyday but they have never been able to make a valid point against Islam. Theproblem is that when it comes to observable natural occurrences (which Muslims believe in btw), Atheists have a sound argument in science but when it comes tooccurrences that have yet to be explained by science (origin of life, universe, etc), their arguments devolve to the same irrationality that they accusereligions of following. Not tryna sound confrontational or anything so don't take it the wrong way. Its all love
laugh.gif

btw, FlyJr i see you lurking in the thread. we still need to hold our iChat debate and since now you got the macbook with video chat it can get real good
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom