Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

^ To be honest I'm not too familiar with the different types of Adidas swingmans and/or R30's.

I thought they might be looked down upon because their not Authentics which most every one prefers.

I'm just looking for something with decent materials and stitched names and numbers to wear in the summer time.

we dont look down on them, in fact they sell much better than the authentics.  swingman jerseys don't last nearly as long as authentics, so collectors go for authentics.  IMO the new swingman are lower grade versions of the old authentics, not bad if you can get them on sale.

im so mad.. i missed out on a unused game issued kevin garnett minnesota t'wolves all star jersey with signature... went for $360.00

Originally Posted by CaptainKicks

@x016x You rip the seams off the front and inside the jersey right?
I turn the jersey inside out and I rip the seams offs from there because it's easier to work with that way. You could do it from the front but it's easier to see the seams if you turn it inside out. If people had the time to spare, they'd save a lot of money this way stripping jerseys yourself. That's $20 or so bucks you save yourself  every time.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

Originally Posted by x016x

Did you strip it yourself?
nerd.gif
Yeah, it's not that hard actually. All you need really is a seam ripper that you can buy at a Walgreen's or a Target. A pair of scissors can also do the trick but patience is the real thing you need. The Ellis letters wasn't so bad but the number 8s though took a pretty long time. I recommend putting on some Netflix while you do it because it does get a little tedious quickly. I frequently look up cheap authentics online to strip and make into other players. You still wind up paying less for authentics this way in the long run. I'm currently trying to get a Spurs Away jersey to make into a Stephen Jackson. If anyone here has a Spurs Black Authentic jersey in a size 40 or 44, hit me up.

Why cant anyone ask for a Hawks blank?
ohwell.gif
What size Hawks blank? 

Here's the link to the seller's store (we cant post live auctions I think, right?)

http://myworld.ebay.com/rawl123dzr/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

He has 2 different Caron Butler swingmans up. Is it just that Adidas released two different versions of their jersey?

Here's a link to loco's completed auction of a Butler for comparison

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280836870919?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Both jerseys the first seller is selling are legit. and Yes i forgot what season 06-07 i think? wizards changed the lettering on the last name then switched back to 2 layers.

Hawks blank is a size 36

laugh.gif
 damn can't believe you still have that hawks blank.   I know the feeling; I've been trying to sell my Bob McAdoo Buffalo Braves jersey forever, I've had FOUR people flake out on paying.  

Originally Posted by x016x

@x016x You rip the seams off the front and inside the jersey right?
I turn the jersey inside out and I rip the seams offs from there because it's easier to work with that way. You could do it from the front but it's easier to see the seams if you turn it inside out. If people had the time to spare, they'd save a lot of money this way stripping jerseys yourself. That's $20 or so bucks you save yourself  every time.
Thanks, I'll do it next time I'm watching a movie or something
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Sdot73

Originally Posted by winzz

just curious is this legit?

becoz as far as i know champions apparel only endorse in NBA until 96/97 and shareef abdur rahim was in Atlanta Hawks during 2000-2001 season
champion endorsed teams until 03 when reebok took over the whole thing, different teams had contracts with different companies, for example around 99-00 kings & sonics had puma making all their authentic gear, while chicago & miami had nike.

Sorry I'm not sure about the authenticity of your jersey though but thought I'd give you some info
its official, you can tell so because there's embossed stripes doing up and down on it.

^ To be honest I'm not too familiar with the different types of Adidas swingmans and/or R30's.

I thought they might be looked down upon because their not Authentics which most every one prefers.

I'm just looking for something with decent materials and stitched names and numbers to wear in the summer time.
i think becoz in this thread specifically for authentic version jersey so doesnt mean they looked down the swingman one and most hwc jersey didn't release in auth so have to buy swingman though (like this year hwc jersey)and anyway my latest collection just recently picked up

@ninjahood
yup it's legit i know after ask some persons in here, but too bad i lost it in auction (someone just bid it
frown.gif
)

Originally Posted by winzz

i think becoz in this thread specifically for authentic version jersey so doesnt mean they looked down the swingman one and most hwc jersey didn't release in auth so have to buy swingman though (like this year hwc jersey)and anyway my latest collection just recently picked up

@ninjahood
yup it's legit i know after ask some persons in here, but too bad i lost it in auction (someone just bid it
frown.gif
)
i like that one.. sick jersey.. too bad, Josh Smith is not living up to his potential

Are these revolution 30 authentics worth the price compared to the swingmans? I'm looking to get a Kevin love one but can't decide if I want to spend the extra 120 or so and get the authentic but it also seems to be hard to find a black swingman one for some reason. Also do the swingmans and authentics fit the same? I heard these new ones seem to fit way different so I'm definitely going to need to go try one on.

honestly unless they go on sale go with a black swingman from nba.com

the black alternate is NICE
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Whiteboirockjs07

Are these revolution 30 authentics worth the price compared to the swingmans? I'm looking to get a Kevin love one but can't decide if I want to spend the extra 120 or so and get the authentic but it also seems to be hard to find a black swingman one for some reason. Also do the swingmans and authentics fit the same? I heard these new ones seem to fit way different so I'm definitely going to need to go try one on.

I was stuck between the authentic and swingman, I just went with the swingman. Authentics are way too expensive and NBA store never has sales so f it. Authentic is $260 and swingman is $80-$90, that's a $170 difference. I copped two swingmans during footlocker's 50% off. 

yeah i think he can't fulffill his potential because he play in smaller market team, but in previous seasons his def ability was terrific. i got it for a good price

last time rubio HWC jersey went on NBAstore and only for 1-2 days it already went sold out (luckily i got it before it sold out
devil.gif
)

Thanks for the help. They don't even have the black alternate swingmans on nbastore.com only the authentics. How much of a sale would they have on them. I at least found a 15% off code for nbastore.com.

well 15% if the most you will find. they never have sales and if they do its pretty much 15% off the entire site or something.

Got quoted $50 each to get my Sonics blanks customized @ STT Sports, will post before and after pictures
Nice!  Can't wait to see how they come back.  Are you gonna send them with reference pictures?

I did, their customer service is
pimp.gif

Still haven't gotten the blanks in yet, should receive them tomorrow. Imma ship em as soon as I receive em
laugh.gif

I did, their customer service is
pimp.gif

Still haven't gotten the blanks in yet, should receive them tomorrow. Imma ship em as soon as I receive em
laugh.gif
Yeah, their customer service is great, and their turnaround time is only 10 business days.

Anyone wondering about the M&N warm-ups, asked them today about the release since it was scheduled for this month -- told me to check back in 2-3 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom