***OFFICIAL AVENGERS: THE MOVIE THREAD*** Vol. ASSEMBLE MAY 4th!!!!

I know this the avengers MOVIE thread but does any of you know when the cartoon comes back on disney xd? Are they holding off on it because of the movie? Oh and Im really pumped for this movie!!!

Originally Posted by CherryJ23

I know this the avengers MOVIE thread but does any of you know when the cartoon comes back on disney xd? Are they holding off on it because of the movie? Oh and Im really pumped for this movie!!!

Comes back April 1st with the Spiderman cartoon on Disney XD.And yes the pushed back to promote with both films

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

Originally Posted by CherryJ23

Comes back April 1st with the Spiderman cartoon on Disney XD.And yes the pushed back to promote with both films
oh ok thanks man and I didnt know Spiderman was coming back on also good to know. Is it a new series or Spectacular Spiderman, cause I enjoyed Spectacular

Words cannot express how hype I am for this movie
pimp.gif

On a side note though, anybody else extremely disappointed with Cap's new outfit? Looks extremely dorky imo

Originally Posted by nublee

On a side note though, anybody else extremely disappointed with Cap's new outfit? Looks extremely dorky imo

Makes him look frail. 

I will be highly disappointed if there isn't an appearance of the Hulk buster armor.

Hulkbuster_(Modular_Addon).png

Anyone know the villain?? Also... I'm a cap fan... but with Hulk, Iron Man and Thor on your squad how much can you really do?

Hulkbuster in the first Avengers 
laugh.gif

I think this movie is going to kill the box office, but highest of all time, that is pretty lofty considering people aren't going to the movies the way they used to.  I think the Dark Knight will do very well because they have a very loyal following, as well as interest from a casual consumer.  On top of that, Nolan has roped in people that usually don't watch these type of "niche" flicks.

The Avengers is a summer blockbuster/eye candy/popcorn/family friendly movie, doesn't have the "critically acclaimed" tag that TDK has.

Spoiler [+]
I can see the Hulkbuster coming into play down the road, later in the trilogy or series.  Tension between the Avengers and the Hulk needs to build though.

Avengers will not gross more than TDK.
I don't even see TDKR grossing more than TDK.

With that said I'm super excited for this movie.

Originally Posted by GIGAJONES

Anyone know the villain?? Also... I'm a cap fan... but with Hulk, Iron Man and Thor on your squad how much can you really do?
I guess you're not a big Cap fan then if you have to ask that question. 
laugh.gif

But yeah, villain is Loki and an alien race, most likely the Kree. 

Originally Posted by RFX45

laugh.gif

i would like to see the Skrulls, possibly Super Skrull cameo, which would make it a good trilogy movie. also makes sense since they are re-booting fantastic 4

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

laugh.gif

i would like to see the Skrulls, possibly Super Skrull cameo, which would make it a good trilogy movie. also makes sense since they are re-booting fantastic 4
theres a theory floating around about loki bringing in frost giants
We've finally been given a look at Loki's forces in the new, extended trailer for The Avengers, as premiered online just after a cut-down version graced the Superbowl.

Here are four screen grabs from the single shot in which they appear with any degree of clarity:

So it's not the Skrull or the Kree - despite the silhouette almost matching, that's down to their funky headwear.

These figures do look quite a bit like the Frost Giants as seen in Thor...

...but not exactly.

I don't think these strange invaders are complete strangers, however. Or, at least, I reckon we've seen a scene with lots of similarities.

Here are some pages from Thor, during Walt Simonson's run, the famous Surtur Saga storyline -- which at one point brings in both the Fantastic Four and The Avengers in an attempt to help save the day against attack by an overwhelming force in New York.

What you see here are the sons of Muspell, creatures from Muspellheim, dropping into the streets of Manhattan to wreak havok. In both Norse myth and Simonson's comics, this storyline also involves the breaking of the Bifr?st bridge, but as some of that has been played out in last year's Thor, Joss Whedon's script for The Avengers probably won't be going beat-for-beat with what we've already read in the comics.

In Simonson's storyline, the sons of Muspell come to New York via a portal near the top of the Empire State Building. Here's a page:

This too is echoed in these scenes from The Avengers. In that first trailer screencap at the top of this post, note a glimpse of some sort of large arch structure with the warriors dropping down from it (Or out of it. Edited to add -- looking even more closely at that top image, the shadowed part of the arch seems to be actually composed of the figures emerging from it. That would match the concept of the comic page here almost exactly), and also note the Chrysler building here:

Some sort of energy burst around the spire of the building here, as per the comics. The edit makes it seem that Thor causes the lightning, but we don't know if that's really the case - and even if it is, there's no reason to discount the association. Re-watch the trailer after you've taken a good look at these pages. Panic in the streets with warriors dropping down or out of an arched mass or structure, the focus on the building top, and the general look of the creatures... it's all a pretty decent look-and-feel fit with the visual of the comic storyline, even if the details are remixed to fit the film.

So, Loki's army would seem to be something like the sons of Muspell, from somewhere like Muspellheim. The names might change - that won't be important - but if I were a betting man, I'd say that they won't. I'd say the original Norse handles are going to hang around.

There's a long history of comic book movies taking bits and pieces of imagery and plot mechanics from here and there in the strips that inspired them. I'm sure that Whedon has done just the same. And I'm also pretty sure he'll have put them altogether into something fresh and cogent...

But to know about that for sure, there's still a little waiting to get through. The Avengers reaches US screens on May 4th, and UK screens a week early on April 27th.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/forums/...s-superbowl-trailer-we-know-who-they-+@#.html

Link isn't working because of NT cenorsing on certain words..

^ I don't think that "Marvel" films can bring up the Fanstic Four in their movies, since Fox has the rights to them, X-Men, and Spiderman.~

Thanks for the pics, I guess it is the frost giants then. Kind of disappointed with that.

Thanks for the pics, I guess it is the frost giants then. Kind of disappointed with that.

dont be too disappointed, i read that it may be a mix of frost giants and other beings from different universes as well.

Originally Posted by TSX24

dont be too disappointed, i read that it may be a mix of frost giants and other beings from different universes as well.
I'm still optimistic but I really didn't need to see Frost Giants again. 

Back
Top Bottom