Official BBQ thread

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] Yall are wild

Malcom is that dude. He just got 1st place today on beef in memphis in may.

Was it hard for you to find a pork belly? What size you got?

Im gonna cop his rub before summer is over

I got 5 pounds should have gotten more, less than 3 bucks per pound, went to pick up some ribs with my homeboy and notice they had pork belly so I kinda ran into it :lol:

spot had beef knuckles so they cover all bases :lol:

One thing that i think is vital, that most people dont have, is an instant read thermo.  Thermpen probably the best money i ever spent on a cooking tool, besides for maybe my rice cooker.  :lol:

100%. I have no idea how anyone grills without one - smoking is different because things are in there so long that it's clearly done - but something like pulled pork you want to know when it's good, not just safe.

For grilling the look of the outside has nothing to do with how hot the inside is - for safety and for taste. Your either playing roulette or intentionally overdoing it.

Chicken is the thing I get the most compliments on because it's always juicy and tender - most folks completely dry it out trying to make sure they don't make folks ill because they have no clue how hot it is.

The only thing I use a thermometer on is chicken. Pork, beef, and seafood I just know by how it looks if it's right and if I'm smoking I'm going by time and color. Chicken I use thermometer so I can pull it off soon as it hits 165 lol I'm not good with chicken by sight.

You're playing roulette with pork doing that though. It's not much different from chicken.

No kdawg your wrong just ask zik hell tell you how ******ed your thermometer is.

Also depends on how fresh the food is.

Last edited:
I actually never said you're wrong to use a thermometer. Never called anybody names if they did use it either but I guess some are easily offended.

I just said I don't use one and these sensitive boys got their feelings hurt with the quickness. This Gordy cat is a good example. So extra with it he's even lying to make himself feel better about his temper tantrum. Seems like he won't stop lying either.

So far I've seen weenies be used and now ******ed. Let me know what was the trigger word in my initial post that got yall so butthurt?

Last edited:
in that tweet thread only thing I didnt rock with was the chicken marinade/seasoned way in advance

I only do that with whole chickens...everything else especially wings I udually throw the rub on and they hit the grill/smoker asap

and oh those kicks...I be in Nike slides doing work, this is 2017 ***

and lighter fluid, world champ Mixon got a fade for her to run on that one :lol:...its hilarious cause he OD ODs when he uses it :lol:

and the only thing I can grill without a thermometer is a steak since its only on the grill for such a very short amount of time anyways...and chicken wings

the thought of smoking a brisket,pork butt and going just off the look idk how ppl can do that...those long cooks...temp shifts,potential stalls...doesnt seem worth it

Thermometer or no thermometer, be sure to butterfly or spatchcock the chicken or any other bird before you cook it. You cut out the spine and break the breast bone and it lets you cook a bird where the thighs and legs get extra heat, which they need, and it cooks the breast with less heat so it does not dry out.

Freeze the backs (and wing tips, if you cut those off as well) and make stock with them.

Like I said, long smokes are different - but if you're grilling porkchops they're either over done, full of germs - or you're just plain lucky.

Yea I'm good with getting tapeworms or salmonella.

Wanted a thermapen but I don't grill/cook enough to drop $100 on a thermometer. Got this joint instead from the same manufacturer. Comes in clutch making prime rib.

View media item 2441039

Last edited:
To me duration of time and experience is how you do it.

The way you know a whole chicken isn't done after 15 min on the grill is the same way you know a steak isn't going to be medium rare if you leave it on a grill for a hr.

Same way you know it's gonna be a different duration for chicken thighs and legs and pork chops.

If you grill enough times you should be able to tell.

Last edited:
Looks like kingsford charcoal on sale for $5 a bag at target. Gonna pick up a few bags.

To me duration of time and experience is how you do it.

The way you know a whole chicken isn't done after 15 min on the grill is the same way you know a steak isn't going to be medium rare if you leave it on a grill for a hr.

Same way you know it's gonna be a different duration for chicken thighs and legs and pork chops.

If you grill enough times you should be able to tell.

A thermometer is great but this too. Then again I realize a lot of people don't have a natural affinity for cooking/grilling so things can really be a stretch for them. Again a fantastic tool, but stop exaggerating like someone experienced won't have a feel for it like second nature, NT with the extremes doing too much again. From the top notch jerk, to Brazilian, Argentinian, Peruvian, Senegalese, Korean, Japanese, authentic southern bbq etc etc I don't think I saw one thermometer and everything was perfect.

Last edited:
Like I said, long smokes are different - but if you're grilling porkchops they're either over done, full of germs - or you're just plain lucky.
I don't mess with pork chops don't like them lol. Besides bacon and ham only pork I eat is ribs and pork butt smoked. All of which don't need a thermometer.

Those looking for pork belly, hit up COSTCO or SAMS. Plenty were in there this morning when I went. I assume it is consistent nationally

Back
Top Bottom