Official BBQ thread

Got the Weber Q1200 for $100 at Target. Ready for tailgating :pimp:

https://slickdeals.net/f/10178380-weber-q1200-99-50-tax-at-target-b-m-ymmv?v=1

Yea it's propane. Taste the meat, not the heat.

Natural affinity? :lol:

This is just like an argument I've seen on a bike forum - guys saying they don't need a torque wrench because they can feel it. They've done studies and it's nonsense - miles off either way, and inconsistent in the same person too.

Anyway, it's my wife's birthday so I've got some Costco rib eyes on a reverse seat right now. Going to try finishing them on my chimney starter to see how that works.
Bro absolutely natural affinity lol I been smoking ribs for years never touched a thermometer... I go by the temp of my smoker the time it's on the color of the ribs then I wrap them for usually 1:50-2:20 hrs and they tender up to my liking then I sauce or rub again finish back on for about 10-15 mins perfect. I know my smoker I know my hot spots I know exactly what I am looking for and it's as consistent as can be never temp the meat ever. I read chat and watch blue ribbon winners can't recall one ever using a thermometer.

I've said a couple of times now too that smoking is totally different. Anything that's been smoked for hours at 230° is safe to eat. Doesn't make it good but it is a safe temperature.

That's totally different from grilling chicken where looking at the outside tells you nothing about the internal temperature - and that's the key to not serving food poisoning or relying on drying everything out.

Did some herb & garlic breasts + squash/zucchini tonight. Was good.

Won't be grilling it up this weekend. Leaving for Charlotte tomorrow after work. Will be attending the race Sunday night.

No smoking this weekend for me just a whole lot of grilling.

Fajitas, sausage, burgers, cactus, chicken and veggies.

grilled cactus? school me

might have to do bacon wrapped hot dogs now of the mention of them

def. doing another run of pork belly

Get fat this weekend fellas. Enjoy your start of the summer!

Take some pics of those beautiful grills marks!

Just finished prepping 2 pork shoulders and 16 racks of ribs. It all looks really good.

Set up my smoker too so I can just light it in the morning - all the prep is done so I have plenty of time.

Just finished prepping 2 pork shoulders and 16 racks of ribs. It all looks really good.

Set up my smoker too so I can just light it in the morning - all the prep is done so I have plenty of time.

How many you feeding? How big is your setup?

Sounds good Konnan. Post those pics of the progress [emoji]9994[/emoji]

How many you feeding? How big is your setup?

30. It's my 40th birthday so thought I'd do something.

I've got a regular sized smoker and it's packed with ribs. That made it hard - my thermometer was underreading and I think it's just because there was stuff in the way - because of that I had the temp a bit high at the beginning but I think I got away with it. I've wrapped them in foil now to try and soften them up. I'm glad I bought some rib racks this week - gave me way more room. I'll use one regularly because it means I can get them all in the middle rather than having to rotate them away from the slightly hotter end.

I've got about an hour til folks arrive - just finished prepping chicken legs and spiral cutting hot dogs (well one of my kids is doing that) and there's a thunderstorm! It looks like it'll blow over so hopefully that's it for the evening.

The pork is on one end of my 6 burner gas grill - wrapped in foil and it seems to have stalled so I'm not sure how well it'll pull. The volume of meat just makes everything harder.

I need that grill for the chicken so I'm about to put it in a cooler and see what it does. It smells great so hopefully it's good - just below my target temp. It's got 20 minutes before I need the space!

Thankfully I spoke too soon - right after that the pork jumped 10° so it must have just been stalled. Half the chicken on now and the sun is shining.

Everybody gone - just have to tidy up now.

The only problem I had was too much food - got 6 racks of ribs and one of the pork shoulders left.

Didn't take any pictures as I was busy looking after food and now it's dark.

Everybody gone - just have to tidy up now.

The only problem I had was too much food - got 6 racks of ribs and one of the pork shoulders left.

Didn't take any pictures as I was busy looking after food and now it's dark.
Send some my way brudah. I live in Cali. :nthat:

Back
Top Bottom