Official BBQ thread

8B7C9462-B544-49A3-8DF4-23585C3B34E0.jpeg
D395535A-727F-412F-936F-26A033E4FAAD.jpeg
worked over 100 hours this week at my butcher shop. Still managed to smoke a brisket last night and twist up some of my famous sausage.
excuse the ruined bark i pull the brisket this morning at 6 and let it rest way to long inside the butxher paperwhile i caught up on sleep. Stilltastes amazing.

Those sausages cooked?

8B7C9462-B544-49A3-8DF4-23585C3B34E0.jpeg
D395535A-727F-412F-936F-26A033E4FAAD.jpeg
worked over 100 hours this week at my butcher shop. Still managed to smoke a brisket last night and twist up some of my famous sausage.
excuse the ruined bark i pull the brisket this morning at 6 and let it rest way to long inside the butxher paperwhile i caught up on sleep. Stilltastes amazing.

That’s very cool. My wife got me a powered mincer as a gift too - with an attachment to make sausage so I’d like to have a go at that.

Seen some YouTubers with the Meater+. Looks like a pretty nice gadget to have

It does look good - and I got a good deal on it. The + version gives a much longer range and there is a cloud option in the app so you can access it anywhere you have internet access.

I have a remote thermometer at the moment but it’s pretty basic and involves 2 wires. I’m looking forward to trying this one.

Wanted to try out my new Meater thermometer so just smoked a couple of chickens. It works pretty well.

778FF0CE-4269-47C7-A17D-175F2A474CD7.jpeg

You can almost see it - it’s the dark thing sticking out of the middle top of the right chicken.
My only problem is that it was really windy on Christmas Day and I didn’t put the cover back on and the lid blew off - got a bit bent and now I have a slight leak so the temp runs higher than it’s supposed to. Just ordered a gasket kit which should fix that though.

Wanted to try out my new lid gasket and all they had (in the cheap food outlet!) was these pre-brined ham things. Temp rock solid and a lot lower than before which is great and it smells amazing. I’ll find out in a couple of hours.

612626B2-31E3-4899-9AC8-047303C58BC9.jpeg

I haven’t used my grill since the week of thanksgiving
Need to do some cold weather grilling soon

Damn
Kinda wanna get one of these but I def don’t need 2 grills
I left my grill at my friends house the week of thanksgiving, haven’t had a chance to get it, it’s never really on my mind. There’s been rain and snow now I’m kinda hoping it’s messed up so I can have an excuse to get one of these :lol:

the easy lid and the extra rubber on the vent tab got me. The removable circle on the rack would be good for using a vortex
Plus I was planning on getting the charcoal holders this year

Back
Top Bottom