Official BBQ thread

Today in the discount food place they had premium organic chickens that were priced at $22 reduced to 70 cents. Bought 2 and smoked them as usual. Didn’t even look like regular chicken - more yellow and really good when cooked. Not sure I’d pay $20 for a chicken but it was good.

74599E42-71A0-4909-B068-3A5E7614D847.jpeg

I’ve never grilled fish before but been wanting to try. They also had these sea bass fillets so I threw them on the grill. Really tasty and I’ll do that again.
B97DBF79-B829-443B-B911-94C5387687D2.jpeg

0B26D317-6F28-4103-A0EF-1ADEAE43C9AB.jpeg

Usually I get the free range ones which are about half again as much - but these ones are about 4x as much which feels a lot.

EDIT: actually it’s about 3x - still a lot though.

Last edited:
Trying to make smash burgers this summer
Thinking of getting either a cast iron pan or a flat top attachment for my Weber
Was leaning towards the flat top cause I’ve never had cast iron and I gotta learn how to maintain it but apparently you gotta maintain the flat top too
BD2467EE-7C14-4134-9308-34DC7545F231.png

prob will end up with the cast iron but what do y’all think

I got a cast iron pizza pan, and I use that when I make smash burgers....just used in on Sunday actually :lol:
Yea your post reminded me the other day :lol:
Prob gonna end up with this
Gonna need to pick up some heat resistant gloves and some scrapers too
951D772D-3845-4AD7-A6BF-C245F2473D3A.png

I was thinking about buying that one as well just to have. It's not too bad taking care of cast iron. **** does get real hot though. You have to use a grilling heat glove and probably a towel/pot holder too if you are trying to pick it up off the grill when it's still hot

Cast iron is easy bruh.

I only use it. Get a chainmail scrubber and just clean it with the scrubber and how water when you’re done.

Today in the discount food place they had premium organic chickens that were priced at $22 reduced to 70 cents. Bought 2 and smoked them as usual. Didn’t even look like regular chicken - more yellow and really good when cooked. Not sure I’d pay $20 for a chicken but it was good.

74599E42-71A0-4909-B068-3A5E7614D847.jpeg

I’ve never grilled fish before but been wanting to try. They also had these sea bass fillets so I threw them on the grill. Really tasty and I’ll do that again.

I was thinking about buying that one as well just to have. It's not too bad taking care of cast iron. **** does get real hot though. You have to use a grilling heat glove and probably a towel/pot holder too if you are trying to pick it up off the grill when it's still hot
Not sure what Amazon is chargin for that but I picked up the same pan at Marshall’s for like 9$ Fwiw.
Also I didn’t really like it, much easier to just use the ci skillet for smash burgers, and in general. Imo

Outcome - not bad. Some really good tender parts and others were fine but not perfect. It was a really cold windy afternoon which probably didn’t help.

I’m never quite sure if that means it needs longer or pulled a few degrees earlier.

Pulled apart easily though and you can see the bend in the picture.

64E62A75-726A-4BCE-BDDC-67BE2175AC06.jpeg

529DF0C7-1A4B-4030-BD0E-4C075FBBB26D.jpeg

I was hoping to join the NT pit masters this past weekend but the Kamado Joe dome came shattered...
338702AF-372D-4D76-8A0B-A87BFE0D6B3B.jpeg

Looking on the bright side, got a full refund and ordered another straight from KJ. The local store I ordered the first from said to trash it. I was going to but the rest of the grill is in perfect condition. So I ordered a replacement dome for $150. If all goes well I’ll have 2 Classic IIs for essentially the price of one.:nthat:

Did some grilling with my folks this weekend to enjoy the summer-like weather we've been having in Seattle since this past Wednesday. Had ribs Saturday and burgers yesterday. Wished I'd snapped some pics but was just enjoying grilling, eating and chatting with fam outside.

M Mark Antony That would be a sick setup but we’d need to expand our patio first. Oh and I’m a complete novice. Let me figure out how to work one grill before manning two at a time :lol:

Honestly I’m still undecided about keeping the second grill. We figure it might come in handy when having people over. Use one for longer cooks while the other is for quicker/active cooks. Or I could flip it for about 1k. We’ll see...

Got a new grill at the weekend - new to me anyway. Identical to my old one but stainless steel and not rotten underneath. Saw it advertised locally and they wanted rid of it urgently so I lowballed him and he accepted it. Got half a tank of propane I wasn't expecting too so that was a bonus. Came with a propane tank cover which I haven't had before - that will be helpful in the fall when I struggle to get good temperature from a cold tank - and a chicken rotisserie thing. Looks like it's barely been used and should last me a while.

IMG_3108.jpg

M Mark Antony That would be a sick setup but we’d need to expand our patio first. Oh and I’m a complete novice. Let me figure out how to work one grill before manning two at a time :lol:

Honestly I’m still undecided about keeping the second grill. We figure it might come in handy when having people over. Use one for longer cooks while the other is for quicker/active cooks. Or I could flip it for about 1k. We’ll see...
Fwiw I have two kamados. But one is an xl bge and the other a joe jr. I find that the two different sizes works wel because it’s not always worth the time and fuel to fire up the big one. I use the joe jr much more often

Back
Top Bottom