Official Bitcoin Thread

which one of u is this?
IMG_E5201A136022-1.jpeg

" According to Chainalysis’s report, this price crash saw a considerable amount of bitcoin being moved on-chain at a loss. Gradwell stated that 1.2 million bitcoin was sent at a 5 - 25% loss, with 120,000 bitcoin moved at a 25% loss or worse. "

" The report noted that $3.2 billion was sold at a loss last week, coins that had only been acquired 4 - 13 weeks earlier. "

:smh: jeeeezus i don't understand how you can be shaken to let go of your bitcoin at a loss after only a few weeks/months when trends indicate a long-term hold. maybe if you see an amazing buying opportunity that will yield more than the loss you're taking but sheesh.
Leverage trading and buying with money they can’t afford to lose it all.

my wife finally believes in crypto after just humoring me and being indifferent for the past 3 years.

Coinbase for some reason is holding onto some eth and won’t let me withdraw for 5 days after letting me withdraw two other purchases. Looking to get this last piece of solana

Got a bid in for this last piece of eth till the end of June

my wife finally believes in crypto after just humoring me and being indifferent for the past 3 years.

Coinbase for some reason is holding onto some eth and won’t let me withdraw for 5 days after letting me withdraw two other purchases. Looking to get this last piece of solana

my wife doesn’t even though she owns some.

she asks me what my portfolio is doing I say 🤷‍♂️ I’ll tell you when you don’t make fun of me. :lol:

also if you buy with ach on cb it will be hold for 5 days of the value of your coins you copped. Like you can’t drain your account you have to keep xxx amount of something in there to equal the value of what you just bought.

Got my Solanium tokens.
First launchpad on Solana. Only available on Raydium but it's listing on Gate in couple days which is why its pumped a little.
Still waiting for them to announce tiers for project launches.

Also noticed that they're following Star Atlas on Twitter which is another big Solana project.
If Star Atlas is the first launch and the market is in a better state next month then I think it can pump hard.

Leverage trading and buying with money they can’t afford to lose it all.

This.

Leverage trading makes manipulation even easier.

I do want to try it out but I have to be in a really good position first so probably in like 5 years :lol:

Dunno how some people are doing 125x leverage trades :lol:

What’s the difference with all the other ones that are based on the US dollar (DAI, etc)?

On Gemini DAI has fees when converting between USD and DAI right? Or am I doing something wrong? I don't have to pay any fees going from USD to GUSD or the other way. DAI isn't 1 to 1 exactly either but GUSD is. Makes it easier when doing taxes.

Got my Solanium tokens.
First launchpad on Solana. Only available on Raydium but it's listing on Gate in couple days which is why its pumped a little.
Still waiting for them to announce tiers for project launches.

Also noticed that they're following Star Atlas on Twitter which is another big Solana project.
If Star Atlas is the first launch and the market is in a better state next month then I think it can pump hard.

How'd you get Solanium tokens?

I've been diving deeper and deeper into the Solana ecosystem.

Got set up with Sollet.io, Serum Dex and Raydium this week.

I don't see Solanium on Raydium, is the token some kind of air drop or yield reward?

also if you buy with ach on cb it will be hold for 5 days of the value of your coins you copped. Like you can’t drain your account you have to keep xxx amount of something in there to equal the value of what you just bought.

I've never been able to transfer unsettled funds off of CB at all during the settlement period and the period is explicitly 8 days for me.

Super annoying cause I tend you use CB as a fiat on ramp to KuCoin.

I inadvertently stumbled upon the solution the other day.

FTX US disclaims that there's a 5 day settlement period where you can't withdraw funds but I haven't found that to be the case.

I can deposit via ACH, convert to USDT or swap for LTC, and transfer off exchange to KuCoin immediately.

On Gemini DAI has fees when converting between USD and DAI right? Or am I doing something wrong? I don't have to pay any fees going from USD to GUSD or the other way. DAI isn't 1 to 1 exactly either but GUSD is. Makes it easier when doing taxes.
Correct. DAI has fees and GUSD does not.

How'd you get Solanium tokens?

I've been diving deeper and deeper into the Solana ecosystem.

Got set up with Sollet.io, Serum Dex and Raydium this week.

I don't see Solanium on Raydium, is the token some kind of air drop or yield reward?

I was lucky to get into the presale but I only get 20% of the tokens up front. The rest are vested for the next 5 months.

It's ticker is SLIM and it has a trading pair with SOL on Raydium but hopefully more exchanges down the line. FTX will cause it to moon if they get on there.

It's also on this dex. I've never used this dex but it was posted in Solanium's Telegram group.

Yea Solana is great. I wish I got into it earlier around Jan. What makes me bullish on them is how they are fast without sharding or a layer 2 solution.
That relative simplicity might just be what makes them a top player in the long run.

Setting up a wallet, using Raydium has all been a breeze with fast times and low transactions.

I sitll think the future is multi-chain with interoperability but having your own speciality in this space is not bad at all.

They have the bridge honestly, they can go multi chain if they choose to fully pursue it. Solana to me is the Android to ETH’s iOS and I think you’ll see devs building some fun stuff on there

Gemini offering 7.4% on earn for GUSD with no fees to convert between USD and GUSD. Very tempting.

I wonder if the Winklevoss twins will trade me GUSD for my 6800 shares of UPS, I wanna sell but don't wanna pay these insane taxes.

Anyone use thorswap.finance? Thinking about buying some rune but now I have questions about decentrali

fapmasterjr fapmasterjr can answer my question

This doesn’t seem decentralized at all. How will this affect the network?

Last edited:
Anyone use thorswap.finance? Thinking about buying some rune but now I have questions about decentrali

fapmasterjr fapmasterjr can answer my question

This doesn’t seem decentralized at all. How will this affect the network?

I still haven't migrated over to thorswap...i'm still on bepswap on RUNE:BTC and RUNE:BNB pools. I just find it convenient since I can manage everything via my TrustWallet. They haven't set a date on moving over to thorswap yet, but I will eventually go there. I just downloaded and installed xdefi wallet which is pretty damn amazing. chrome extension wallet (endorsed by thorchain) where it holds NATIVE tokens and not "wrapped versions". So this is what thorswap will be moving to...imagine.....trading native eth to native btc or native rune to native btc/eth....amazing stuff. This wallet gives you native addresses....all in one.

As for true decentralization....peeps this explanation where it shows you the balance to make sense of their eco:

Last edited:
I still haven't migrated over to thorswap...i'm still on bepswap on RUNE:BTC and RUNE:BNB pools. I just find it convenient since I can manage everything via my TrustWallet. They haven't set a date on moving over to thorswap yet, but I will eventually go there. I just downloaded and installed xdefi wallet which is pretty damn amazing. chrome extension wallet (endorsed by thorchain) where it holds NATIVE tokens and not "wrapped versions". So this is what thorswap will be moving to...imagine.....trading native eth to native btc or native rune to native btc/eth....amazing stuff. This wallet gives you native addresses....all in one.

As for true decentralization....peeps this explanation where it shows you the balance to make sense of their eco:

Thanks fam. I’ll check out the video now. Was totally ready to pull the trigger when my eth would clear, now on the fence

fapmasterjr fapmasterjr correct me if I’m wrong here on the decentralization issue, but it’s basically operating somewhat centralized but mostly because it’s focusing on using security as an economic incentive while the volume is low and as more TVL comes to the chain itll decentralize out. Am I understanding this correctly? If that’s the case then I can live with this potential issue of a handful of whales dominating the chain. The tech is so cool and really exciting for defi

I couldn't capitalise on the everything I wanted during the dip including NFT's which will make a comeback IMO just like Defi

Wished I could've picked up some like Flow, OMI, Ethernity and Lukso at least for the short term.

fapmasterjr fapmasterjr correct me if I’m wrong here on the decentralization issue, but it’s basically operating somewhat centralized but mostly because it’s focusing on using security as an economic incentive while the volume is low and as more TVL comes to the chain itll decentralize out. Am I understanding this correctly? If that’s the case then I can live with this potential issue of a handful of whales dominating the chain. The tech is so cool and really exciting for defi

Yes, more nodes will eventually be allowed to the environment, BUT...They need to have the prereqs to provide 3x the liquidity and follow protocols to not get banned. The incentives are crazy nice, and the penalty of the nodes to lose their funds stops bad actors. It's genius.

Yeah I saw it’s basically you need 2x the rune locked up per the liquidity providing. I need Coinbase or Gemini to unlock this eth already so I can ape into some before things reverse.

I haven't staked anything yet, random question..
Do staking rewards get automatically staked? Ex. I have 100 of X crypto, they earn 1 of X crypto,. do I now have 101 of X crypto staked? Or do I have 100 of X crypto still staked - with 1 of X crypto chillin?

Back
Top Bottom