Official Bitcoin Thread

I figure one will set me off right for now at the rate this token is rising.

I’ll compound slowly after I get my investment back. Maybe save 1.5 tokens a month and cash out the rest. I wanna get out of debt so I can quit my job for a more chill job. I’m about to go nuts over here.

Blue chips will be blue chips for the foreseeable future. BTC, ETH, I dont see how we could lose with those. But nodes seem like it can be some deep dive ****, or at least medium dive. Takes more know-how than logging onto CB or Gemini and buying, at least from my perspective 🤷‍♂️

oh yeah I agree with you. I’m not saying I can’t get into the super alts. I’m just too lazy to research and don’t have the time and I hate gambling.

but yeah regular people won’t be into nodes for a minute.

Yeah I’m kicking myself for not getting in when you guys first mentioned it.

I figure f it though. 10 strong for a node is always 10 so once you’re compounding it all the same. Just the price for your first is waaaaaay steeper.

2x floor on my polygonpunks...not bad

89127910-FD9F-4C02-8F19-C453DE5135C6.jpeg
Floor steady climbing….
8B4ACD69-C826-444C-BE70-3B1314AA0BAF.jpeg

Yo fapmasterjr fapmasterjr for defi kingdoms, do you have a hero already? What's a good way to weigh up value for a hero? Not trying to spend a hundred JEWEL on a weak one.

Man i gotta stop bull****ting and really get into crypto. Ive dabbled. I know whats happening and how much im missing. But it just seems like the massive amount of stuff out there has been a barrier to me. When i see yall talk about these coins and theyre not on CB/Gemini, i automatically bow out smh

im sitting on this stagnant bag of AMP while yall boys making that money work for you and grinding. I really commend yall
What’s stopping you? Get out there and learn. Take $500 and shoot some shots.

Yo fapmasterjr fapmasterjr for defi kingdoms, do you have a hero already? What's a good way to weigh up value for a hero? Not trying to spend a hundred JEWEL on a weak one.

yah i have a gen1 priest….but have no idea really on value. I was able to buy early off someone one discord. You may need to start there and ask. Im just holding my 1 hero, and been claiming jewels and putting them into bank for xjewel.

this mofo over $5+ now….craaay!! 👀

What’s stopping you? Get out there and learn. Take $500 and shoot some shots.
lol i remember earlier in the year when things were chill and all i bought was on gemini. didn’t know **** about **** like when itshlittt itshlittt was talking about $tel and i looked around and couldn’t figure how to buy it.

fast forward to this past saturday while watching my baby girl in the car while waiting for my son at his mathnasium class, i swapped some stuff for eth on uni, added the moonriver network (kusama sister parachain) to metamask, bridged the eth to moonriver via the anyswap bridge, used the faucet to get some movr gas, swapped the eth for movr, swapped half of that movr for solar, threw it in the pool and staked to farm. learned about the ins and outs of the solar dex all while keeping my daughter occupied until my son was done 😂

i think i enjoy learning new things even more than making money. unfortunately the dopamine blast when your coin goes up is nice also.

yah i have a gen1 priest….but have no idea really on value. I was able to buy early off someone one discord. You may need to start there and ask. Im just holding my 1 hero, and been claiming jewels and putting them into bank for xjewel.

this mofo over $5+ now….craaay!! 👀
I'll work on a hero this week after payday, see if I can fund a rare gen1 hero. In the meantime, this JEWEL-ONE LP providing 1700% APR... :nerd:

lol i remember earlier in the year when things were chill and all i bought was on gemini. didn’t know **** about **** like when itshlittt itshlittt was talking about $tel and i looked around and couldn’t figure how to buy it.

fast forward to this past saturday while watching my baby girl in the car while waiting for my son at his mathnasium class, i swapped some stuff for eth on uni, added the moonriver network (kusama sister parachain) to metamask, bridged the eth to moonriver via the anyswap bridge, used the faucet to get some movr gas, swapped the eth for movr, swapped half of that movr for solar, threw it in the pool and staked to farm. learned about the ins and outs of the solar dex all while keeping my daughter occupied until my son was done 😂

i think i enjoy learning new things even more than making money. unfortunately the dopamine blast when your coin goes up is nice also.

Man this resonates with me more than anything I've read on Niketalk in a long time. I was just thinking this weekend about how I haven't really really been in crypto for a year yet, but it feels like it's been 10, just because of how much I've learned and the different stages of learning I've been through.

The dopamine hit form learning more and more information about this space is the same way I felt when learning a second language. The fact that we're actually making money, compounding knowledge, and seeing an increase in wealth just from taking an interest in something innovate and new blows my mind.

I realize I haven't actually experienced a bear market yet but the knowledge gained just form popping in here everyday, doing research for fun, and just generally exploring crypto and Web3 isn't cyclical.

This is beautiful to see fam. Folks need to get out there and just play around and experience the whole web3 world. If you’re afraid or this is daunting just burn $500 trying to learn. I know that’s not cheap, but it’s the price of an education.

Keep an eye out for ROME when it hits DOT. Potential OHM fork.

Man this resonates with me more than anything I've read on Niketalk in a long time. I was just thinking this weekend about how I haven't really really been in crypto for a year yet, but it feels like it's been 10, just because of how much I've learned and the different stages of learning I've been through.

The dopamine hit form learning more and more information about this space is the same way I felt when learning a second language.

The fact that we're actually making money, compounding knowledge, and seeing an increase in wealth just from taking an interest in something innovate and new blows my mind.

I realize I haven't actually experienced a bear market yet but the knowledge gained just form popping in here everyday, doing research for fun, and just generally exploring crypto and Web3 isn't cyclical.
Wait until you see a bear market. If it’s anything like the 2018-2020 winter, those two years will feel like 20 spent in a hyperbolic chamber on Dragon Ball Z. Nothing forces you to grow and adapt faster and more aggressively than crypto.

Wait until you see a bear market. If it’s anything like the 2018-2020 winter, those two years will feel like 20 spent in a hyperbolic chamber on Dragon Ball Z. Nothing forces you to grow and adapt faster and more aggressively than crypto.
Compare to 09 market crash and recession for a crypto no0b pls. Trying to understand what to be in for (other than discounts on blue chips).

This is beautiful to see fam. Folks need to get out there and just play around and experience the whole web3 world. If you’re afraid or this is daunting just burn $500 trying to learn. I know that’s not cheap, but it’s the price of an education.

Keep an eye out for ROME when it hits DOT. Potential OHM fork.
Also, yes, education comes at a cost in all forms. I've learned a lot from what I've spent and what I've missed out on. Spent a learning the stock markets too. The saying "gotta spend money to make money" is factual across all walks of life, but investing in yourself and your own knowledge is what gets us financially free (eventually).

Compare to 09 market crash and recession for a crypto no0b pls. Trying to understand what to be in for (other than discounts on blue chips).
I was in college for the 09 crash but the crypto winter was just two years of everything going down with one summer of hope in 2019 that failed to gain traction. Ether was down 90%, alts legitimately went to 0. I remember tuning out for the first half and ironically nailing the bottom on ether in the 80s and buying daily up to 400 and back down to the 100s. It was amazing. So much time to accumulate. My biggest recommendation would be wait for the huge liquidation crash like we saw in May and start adding in but leaving room to buy consistently over time and only focus buys on projects with user growth and devs building. So many devs went ghost last time. Tbh I don’t expect crypto to play out again that way but I definitely expect NFTs to follow a similar playbook.

I was in college for the 09 crash but the crypto winter was just two years of everything going down with one summer of hope in 2019 that failed to gain traction. Ether was down 90%, alts legitimately went to 0. I remember tuning out for the first half and ironically nailing the bottom on ether in the 80s and buying daily up to 400 and back down to the 100s. It was amazing. So much time to accumulate. My biggest recommendation would be wait for the huge liquidation crash like we saw in May and start adding in but leaving room to buy consistently over time and only focus buys on projects with user growth and devs building. So many devs went ghost last time. Tbh I don’t expect crypto to play out again that way but I definitely expect NFTs to follow a similar playbook.
So a classic dystopian nightmare. Cool cool. Cant wait for the next one.

Peace everyone.
Def a lurker but I’ve learned a lot in this thread.
Shot out to johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm for giving me my initial foundation to start.
I am at a point now where I have a basic understanding of how things work and what’s what.
I’m teaching family how to use UNISWAP and making minor recommendations on ALT-coins for a quick turn. I’m not afraid to lose money but I am more excited to make money.

stuntman mike stuntman mike Your story was inspiring. I am in the process of learning another language and I know what you mean about the Dopamine release when in real time the gibberish translates to something comprehensible.

Where would you guys recommend for my next level up? I’ve seen a lot of node talk in here but at the moment it is another language that I haven’t gotten the dopamine release of understanding yet.

I have a little bread to play with so my options are open.

The Treasury Department will let the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission take the lead in regulating stablecoins such as Tether and USDC, according to a Bloomberg report today based on anonymous sources. The Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the SEC's sister agency, will also play a role. These powers are reportedly set to be outlined in a Treasury report to be released as early as this week.

Per Bloomberg, SEC Chair Gary Gensler has lobbied Yellen and fellow members of the President's Working Group on Financial Markets to give the county's top securities regulator the power to set policies for stablecoins and enforce them.

In its draft phases, the report called for Congress to create a separate bank charter for stablecoin issuers, whose digital currencies are purportedly backed by real-world assets. But given political divisions, says Bloomberg, "Gensler pushed to clarify the SEC has existing powers to oversee tokens when they're involved in investment transactions."

Gensler and Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell have both publicly stated that centralized stablecoins are similar to money market funds and should be regulated as such. That would put them under the SEC's purview.

Tether, the world's largest stablecoin and the fourth-largest crypto asset, has a market capitalization of over $70 billion. After years of stating that each Tether was backed by one U.S. dollar in a bank, the company was forced to revise its statements in the wake of a New York Attorney General investigation. A recent "transparency report" showed that much of Tether's holdings are in commercial paper, a form of debt that allows the company to earn yield but which may become riskier during financial crises.

Its largest competitor is USD Coin, issued by crypto payments firm Circle in partnership with San Francisco-based cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase. It's now worth over $32 billion. A June report indicated that only 60% of its holdings were in cash, with the rest coming from certificates of deposit, Treasury notes, commercial paper, and corporate bonds.

Peace everyone.
Def a lurker but I’ve learned a lot in this thread.
Shot out to johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm for giving me my initial foundation to start.
I am at a point now where I have a basic understanding of how things work and what’s what.
I’m teaching family how to use UNISWAP and making minor recommendations on ALT-coins for a quick turn. I’m not afraid to lose money but I am more excited to make money.

stuntman mike stuntman mike Your story was inspiring. I am in the process of learning another language and I know what you mean about the Dopamine release when in real time the gibberish translates to something comprehensible.

Where would you guys recommend for my next level up? I’ve seen a lot of node talk in here but at the moment it is another language that I haven’t gotten the dopamine release of understanding yet.

I have a little bread to play with so my options are open.
Have you bridged or traveled into other networks? I say mess around with some yield farming/LP’ing stable pools. I’ve made like $3 in interest on $150 of risk in a couple of LP pools on Spookyswap which I think is an awesome return considering the ROI. Had some money on the network I was playing with to test out and get my feet wet. I think that’s a great way to broaden our and increase exposure.

Have you bridged or traveled into other networks? I say mess around with some yield farming/LP’ing stable pools. I’ve made like $3 in interest on $150 of risk in a couple of LP pools on Spookyswap which I think is an awesome return considering the ROI. Had some money on the network I was playing with to test out and get my feet wet. I think that’s a great way to broaden our and increase exposure.

I have not bridged into other networks. I don’t onow what that means. Is there an elementary reference point I could start at?

Back
Top Bottom