Official Bitcoin Thread

Just discovered some BTC that I transferred to Bittrex over the summer. Can't believe I forgot about it :lol:. Have been using ETH to grab alts for awhile now.

Checking my Coinbase history from the day I transferred it to Bittrex, it was worth $100 then. Between it gaining value and the addition of BTG and BCC, it's worth $800+ now :pimp:. I'm calling it free money so now I'm debating on what to do with it :lol:. Maybe grab some more NEO.

Interesting. Is there a place to monitor BTC transactions? Just curious how you know a chunk was bought and a chunk was sold. That information is literal gold for investing.

I am just judging off of the change in overall market cap from coinmarketcap.com. The total market cap of cryptocurrencies went up by like 40 billion on Saturday and is was like all bitcoin. Today the market cap dropped 10 billion. It's the first day in a while that I have seen the overall market cap drop.

I assume; litecoin.org - only supports LiteCoins?

If that is the case, where should I store BitCoins?

My best advice would be to look into a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor wallet. You will be a paying a decent amount, but it’s more safe than having it in an online wallet. Both can save Bitcoins (BTC) and Litecoins (LTC). If you venture into Alt coins then you may need to find a specific wallet for the coins.

How much worth of cryptos should you at least have to where its worth it to invest in a wallet?

I finally joined the party. A little anxious, trying to get into the action. 10 day wait until everything clears with the bank.

Welcome DC. Hope this ride goes well for you.

I assume you purchased on Coinbase. I know the pros will tell you to keep your money secure in cold wallets but unless you dumped thousands for your first purchase I say leave your money on Coinbase. If you decide to get more serious with this you will want your funds to be readily available so you can pull any triggers.

Good luck yo.

My best advice would be to look into a Ledger Nano S or a Trezor wallet. You will be a paying a decent amount, but it’s more safe than having it in an online wallet. Both can save Bitcoins (BTC) and Litecoins (LTC). If you venture into Alt coins then you may need to find a specific wallet for the coins.
When you mention, "You will be paying a decent amount" (The Ledger or Trezor), you are referring to the ONE-time purchase when I actually buy the wallet? (Correct) ?

Welcome DC. Hope this ride goes well for you.

I assume you purchased on Coinbase. I know the pros will tell you to keep your money secure in cold wallets but unless you dumped thousands for your first purchase I say leave your money on Coinbase. If you decide to get more serious with this you will want your funds to be readily available so you can pull any triggers.

Good luck yo.

Thanks. I have been stubborn. I deserve all shame for not hoping on earlier. Just being stupid and lazy.

How much worth of cryptos should you at least have to where its worth it to invest in a wallet?

I think its great practice for everyone to learn and train themselves how to be SECURE. I wouldn't put a dollar amount, but I bought my first trezor when I hit over 1k. I started learning how important it is to actually OWN something valuable without having to trust a 3rd party. Having to train your mind that you have the passphrase/keys/seeds and being hacked is SOLELY based on you is a different but rewarding feeling.

Ask away and I'll try to answer best i can in regards to security. I am in that field in real life (network security).

I think its great practice for everyone to learn and train themselves how to be SECURE. I wouldn't put a dollar amount, but I bought my first trezor when I hit over 1k. I started learning how important it is to actually OWN something valuable without having to trust a 3rd party. Having to train your mind that you have the passphrase/keys/seeds and being hacked is SOLELY based on you is a different but rewarding feeling.

Ask away and I'll try to answer best i can in regards to security. I am in that field in real life (network security).
Can you help convince my boss that our 10 year old router with hidden SSID and WEP encryption isn't safe? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom