Official Bitcoin Thread

thats the whole point of bitcoin.... take away the absolute power from the banksters and government control over your finance.
while I agree they have the power I dont see it as all bad in that without it I would have bot been able to do many things I've done without loans. I recently flipped a house that I needed money to renovate and I guess I could have used a shark but their rates are way worse than the banks :lol:

Not your money vs Your money
so basically keeping money under a mattress vs a bank. I appreciate the answers as I'm trying to figure out if I want to use this, crypto, as a flip or long term investment. I've been putting in bits here and there but have no idea what I'm actually doing :lol:

just read up on the latest wells fargo issues this past week. Cats couldn't withdraw their money. If they do, it takes 2-3days...while their "server" was down. I'm glad you want to learn about crypto...but learn first what money is. how money works...and that YOU are doing the banks a favor by using THEM...dont get it twisted.

Pull 10k and wire it over to a 3rd world country such as relatives in the philippines.....see what BOFA, WELLS, Chase will do to YOUR money. I was able to send that kind of transaction via bitcoin/crypto verified and validated i 1min....cost = .09cents

just read up on the latest wells fargo issues this past week. Cats couldn't withdraw their money. If they do, it takes 2-3days...while their "server" was down. I'm glad you want to learn about crypto...but learn first what money is. how money works...and that YOU are doing the banks a favor by using THEM...dont get it twisted.

Pull 10k and wire it over to a 3rd world country such as relatives in the philippines.....see what BOFA, WELLS, Chase will do to YOUR money. I was able to send that kind of transaction via bitcoin/crypto verified and validated i 1min....cost = .09cents
That's awesome. Really, it is. But on the flip side, my money sitting in my Chase account hasn't lost 80% of it's value this year. These price fluctuations have got to chill for mass adoption.

That's awesome. Really, it is. But on the flip side, my money sitting in my Chase account hasn't lost 80% of it's value this year. These price fluctuations have got to chill for mass adoption.

word, that's cool you haven't lost 80% this year...but if you had $$ on binance coin (BNB) like many others had...YTD is.....

Screenshot 2019-02-14 at 11.22.34 AM.png

To each his own.

How is this different than the dude who "died" with the only password to the wallet? If I need to borrow 50 racks to make 150 racks I think were doing each other a favor. i might feel different if I had another legal Avenue to get the money.

because rule #1 in crypto is....don't leave ur coins on an exchange. those customers leaving 100k+ smh..cmon fam. Hardwallet, you and maybe your spouse have the keys/seeds.

word, that's cool you haven't lost 80% this year...but if you had $$ on binance coin (BNB) like many others had...YTD is.....

To each his own.
Well yea, if I played the right numbers I would have hit the lotto last week. It's safe to say almost everyone invested in crypto is down significantly for the year. You may be up on that one coin but you're down on 10 others.

a few years ago I tried pulling out about 5k at HSBC, they gave me the run around... I had to fill out some paper work , they asked me what i was doing with the money. They called a manager to verify. All for 5k.. lol

I was irate, i asked " if diddy came in here asking for 200k in cash , would he have to go through all these measures"? They obviously didnt answer , but i basically told them that Im closing my account after this and taking my business elsewhere... i closed my account a week later and been with TD bank ever since..

wells fargo is OLD MONEY , they'll be the first to go

To each his own.

From what I see, it was 22 bucks around on Jan 16 2018. Today it’s under 9 bucks.

Not sure why that’s a good thing.

Seems like jp Morgan is trying to undermine ripple labs...

XRP just signed a deal with the saudis. I been meaning to buy xrp for a few weeks.

Gonna do a little more research before I put in a position.

didn't he say YTD? Jan 1st 2019 $5.98, as of right now $8.75...that is a great thing.

I get what you're saying... but isn't that kind of cherry picked? For every BNB that went up X%.... how many other coins went the opposite way?

Peak market cap was $800 billion. Its currently $120b. If someone bought 1 BTC one year ago today, it would've cost $9400. Today it's worth $3600. That is way too volatile for a "store of value" for most people.

I mentioned investment platforms earlier this week. I started a youtube channel to get the word out.

Its a shaky industry and these platform have high risk . I made a video from my investment on the last 28 days. Made 50 percent on my litecoin , not bad.

To piggyback off this....yes, there are lots of shady / risky stuff going on since crypto very early....not gonna lie, and a I appreciate sharpshooter718 sharpshooter718 bringing this up....I threw some $$$ on here knowing its a "throw away" and no lie.... 6% daily and withdrawals legit (so far). Remember, even tho bitconnect was a scam....the early early cats flourished big time with incentives and daily % payouts....do your homework, check out the youtubes....

https://automaticbitcome.com/

**only play throw away money. try it for 1wk, get ur $$$ and withdraw

didn't he say YTD? Jan 1st 2019 $5.98, as of right now $8.75...that is a great thing.

Ya, I hope everyone makes money on their moves either way.. I guess I’m not really
To piggyback off this....yes, there are lots of shady / risky stuff going on since crypto very early....not gonna lie, and a I appreciate sharpshooter718 sharpshooter718 bringing this up....I threw some $$$ on here knowing its a "throw away" and no lie.... 6% daily and withdrawals legit (so far). Remember, even tho bitconnect was a scam....the early early cats flourished big time with incentives and daily % payouts....do your homework, check out the youtubes....

Good stuff bro.. there’s no issue with taking some risk on your money, especially if you’re younger. Younger people have a lot of earning years ahead so losing most your money won’t hurt you as much if you were retired and really needed the cash.

Those pay out schemes sound a lot like pyramid scams. Early people will always make good returns. For example most people made money with madoff, but the late arrivals lost their money.

When I think about dividends I personally want to know the pay out ratio of the dividend compared to the revenue. But with the lack of financial reports, it’s hard to gauge where the actual money from the dividends are coming from, and even harder to see if they’re stable.

My view is slow and steady. Buy some Coca-Cola shares (they’ve raised their dividend every year for the last 50 years)- re-invest those dividends automatically and you take the compound interest of owning more shares that pay out a higher divided over the long term.
If the market crashes, great, your dividends will be able to buy you more shares, and if the stock is on fire, you’re dividends are buying you more of something that’s going up in price. Win win.. essentially the dividend reinvestment will average down for you if the stock is declining.

By the time you retire, your original chunk of shares have grown substantially, and each of those shares will be paying you a cash income that is higher and higher each year. So in 25 to 30 years, the dividend payments can become your income in retirement age.

It is what t is, good luck to everyone either way.

Last edited:
megadon megadon - maybe check out coins that you can stake and earn dividends? Try NEO...you just hold and you earn GAS which is their native blockchain token/gas used for transactions.

WAVES u can lease their tokens for WAVES rewards back. Sure u get small returns now, but at one time NEO was at $125+ and GAS was around $80....could be a great time to stack up now...especially if thinking long term in crypto.

Just had 2 conversations with a couple co workers who I thought might have a few bitcoins... one dude made some cash on the last run up but nothing crazy...

The other dude who is kinda young 26ish said he first bought in at 300 but not much..
I have a feeling he's downplaying his **** cause he always has this **** eating grin on his face like he can quit at anytime and not be too worried...

They both have been out of the market for some time and are thinking about getting back in since prices are kinda cheap...

Going to do some investment platform research and I'll come back here with what works and what doesnt...

told yall boys bout that $hot aka holochain

doing numbers on the board..still holding while taking a little off the top here and there for the bitpay card ..50sats here we come

just to update the above ...yes, i'm actually excited on getting daily payouts EVERY HOUR with option to withdraw (straight to my electrum wallet) or re-invest to make your payouts larger.....now i see how those early bitconnneeeccct'ers feel....they were rakin!!! I'm almost back to my initial deposit...i'm avg .67cents EVERY HOUR...which equates to = $16.08 per day!!

Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 9.06.01 AM.png
Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 8.59.37 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom