Official Bitcoin Thread

Crypto bill will be voted on today. They're debating over amendment that specifies who will be tax exempt specifically: " our amendment will ensure non-financial intermediaries like miners, network validators, and other service providers — many of whom don’t even have the personal-identifying information needed to file a 1099 with the IRS — are not subject to the reporting requirements specified in the bipartisan infrastructure package,” The Wyden-Lummis-Toomey amendment is simple. It clarifies in law what most of us already believe—that validators of distributed ledger data like miners & stakers, hardware wallet providers & software developers should NOT be required to report transaction data to the IRS.

TLDR: Final vote on the wording of whether : Validators (node operators), miners, stakers, hardware wallet providers, software developers WON'T have taxes, everyone else will. If they vote against this, everyone will just be straight taxed and will be a terrible bill

I'm mainly ETH. It's still somewhat affordable to average people. I do put some money into Bitcoin. I'll probably never be able to afford an entire coin though.

I mess around with the small stuff, although I'm not talking serious money.

Just know all those Dogecoins will make me a trillionaire one day. Just have to believe hard enough :lol:

How much of you guys portfolios is BTC and ETH compared to other coins?

Kinda wondering if I should be distributing funds differently.

50% btc
40% eth
10% sol

Eth rate is rising though #TheFlippening
I’m spending more money accumulating Ethereum than the other coins.

i’m 100% alts. biggest bags in low market cap gambles. i came into this earlier this year with money i can afford to lose so i didn’t want to be too safe. past few days i’ve been looking to swap some out for eth when the time is right since i’m up a pretty good amount on my two biggest bags. that’s been my plan: hopefully make some money and swap for eth. i shoulda bought more eth at 17 though. oh well.

my wife also started putting some of our money in crypto but she’s mostly eth and btc with a tiny bit in alts like dot and ada.

Last edited:
I'm mainly ETH. It's still somewhat affordable to average people. I do put some money into Bitcoin. I'll probably never be able to afford an entire coin though.
i never really understood this logic but i know many people think that way. to me, a 100% gain is a 100% gain if you own .05 BTC or if you own 500 BTC. don’t have to own a whole coin to make money.

All these buys etc sound good just make sure you have a plan.

Unfortunately a couple guys are gonna get left watching + holding bags into another 3-4 year bear market.

"New shift in the financial system!" when BTC is at $100k+ and alts have ran....... Man shut up and take your profits :lol:

If I think the coin will double up I’ll buy it.

I made good guap off DNT and flipped it all into amp which I’ll hold long term.

i’m going to get some btc but first I need to get as much eth as I can before 2.0 rolls out.

thanks for helping me out the other day man. NT coming in clutch. i didn’t use the ETH for gas yet but i’m ready if i need to. i’m way over double my VXV and i’m so close to shaving some off for ETH. rn the liquidity provider fees for that on uni is terrible. also waiting to see what happens on the infrastructure bill.

I think BTC, ETH are pretty safe bets. Alts are the lottery picks.

BTC: First adopter, scarcity (there will be 21M total, theres 18M already mined, how many people have lost BTC early in wallets, and there's several recent stories of billionaires/millionaires dying and their BTC being lost forever in wallets, micro amounts of BTC left in all our wallets.), several countries adopting BTC now, institutions going in, easiest crypto to buy, need BTC to buy most other crypto (pairs).

ETH: Built by the dream team of crypto (creator of Dot, Creator of ADA, creator of Solana, Vitalik etc.) The first adopter platform that is and will be used by the majority. Has known problems of congestion and scalability still being dealt with to this day. There are faster, more scalable blockchains, but they're not ready or not being adopted.

thanks for helping me out the other day man. NT coming in clutch. i didn’t use the ETH for gas yet but i’m ready if i need to. i’m way over double my VXV and i’m so close to shaving some off for ETH. rn the liquidity provider fees for that on uni is terrible. also waiting to see what happens on the infrastructure bill.

no problem man. :pimp:

I doubt anything will happen with the bill the way the government works. :lol: might end up with another sale on crypto though who knows.

How much of you guys portfolios is BTC and ETH compared to other coins?

Kinda wondering if I should be distributing funds differently.

I don't have any BTC and ETH only makes up 4% of my portfolio. I DCA and mine it though so it's share is increasing over time and I will sell some ALTS for ETH as well at one point
I have other ALTS that have outperformed it in the short term which is why it's 4% but I'm consildating and selling some or taking profits off to buy more ETH.

If I was starting from scratch then layer 1's like ETH, DOT, SOL, ADA.. will make up a large part of portfolio then I would have a few solid low cap gems.

Stack some stables on the side and when a bear market comes and everything is for sale, I'll diversify even more into DeFi and NFT's etc
Even Doge, I would buy Doge during the next bear if it goes really low

All these buys etc sound good just make sure you have a plan.

Unfortunately a couple guys are gonna get left watching + holding bags into another 3-4 year bear market.

"New shift in the financial system!" when BTC is at $100k+ and alts have ran....... Man shut up and take your profits :lol:

This!

The dip we got in May were warning shots. Once we're in price discovery territory for BTC then it's game time for the strategy.
Profits from this bull into the bear market will set the foundation for massive gains.

I still think we see Bitcoin in the 20s again before the 60s. Nothing to base this off just a feeling I have. This recent run feels a bit pump fakish to me.

Back
Top Bottom