...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Anyone know where i can find a blank theme for the Tour? Meaning...no icons just the important stuff like battery, time/date, etc.? Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by BangDak

but that no scrolling horizontally is a big no no...
*scratches temple* Huh?
Link

It was a joke some dudes didn't get.
laugh.gif

Seems like the Storm2 gets no love in this thread lol. Probably b/c the first one was junk.

I'm considering the Storm2, but I gotta test drive one for awhile at the store before jumping to Verizon. The supposed Buy One Get One is tempting though.

whitepixel.gif

BlackBerry Tour2 Video First Look!
Posted in Devices on 28 Oct 2009 11:48 by Kevin Michaluk |
speech-bubble.gif
23 comments
[ youtube video link for mobile viewing ]

Today we celebrate the launch of the BlackBerry Storm2. So in true CrackBerry fashion, it's only right that we give you a glimpse of another upcoming BlackBerrySmartphone...

The BlackBerry Tour2, codenamed BlackBerry "essex" in its pre-release development, is essentially the BlackBerry Tour withtwo major updates: WiFi and the optical trackpad. Arguably these should have been included back on the original BlackBerry Tour, but we think simply due to thetiming lacked both (Tour was finalized for production before trackpad was slated to get introduced, and before VZW went from not wanting WiFi to wanting it).The BlackBerry Tour2 (device model 9650 I would logically assume) packs both of these into the Tour's standard form factor and hardware. All otherspecs/features between the two devices appear to be identical at first look, with the exception that the green call key is now flipped -- as we've seenwith other new devices -- and the bottom row of keys on the keyboard are slightly less tall, more akin to the Bold 9700. The hardware in this video is theSprint version, but obviously there will be a Verizon version too with a slightly different look.

We originally were told the release date for the BlackBerry Tour2 would be sometime in late January/February of 2010, but are nowhearing production of these is ramping up literally as you read this. I think both RIM and Verizon would like to get the BlackBerry Tour2 into retail channelsin time for the holidays and to get it on Verizon's latest BOGO offering before it comes to an end. Keep your fingers crossed. You might not see it untilthe new year, but what a present it would be if it was here for Christmas!

Copped. Finally. 8330 out the window

tour 2
nerd.gif
dammit sprint
smh.gif
.....i just paid retail for a damn tour and this is finna drop????? looks like i'll b returning my tour and getting my 8330reactivated until this "essex" releases
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ what's optional trackpad mean?

It's optical trackpad. They've replaced the trackball with the trackpad.
oh duh optical, not optional. reading is fundamental @ me
laugh.gif

Happen to have my blackberry fall out of my pocket and thought it was lost. Eventually a week later someone returned it to lost and found, but I already usedmy insurance to get a new one. Anyone have any advice what to do with the old one or where to even sell it? Blackberry 8330 for sprint.

Originally Posted by yungchamp

tour 2
nerd.gif
dammit sprint
smh.gif
.....i just paid retail for a damn tour and this is finna drop????? looks like i'll b returning my tour and getting my 8330 reactivated until this "essex" releases
smh.gif
Will Sprint's Nazi empire even let you do this?

Are they gonna discontinue the OG Tour on Sprint when the Essex drops..its only right
eyes.gif
....if not...accidental damage, here I come

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

Seems like the Storm2 gets no love in this thread lol. Probably b/c the first one was junk.

I'm considering the Storm2, but I gotta test drive one for awhile at the store before jumping to Verizon. The supposed Buy One Get One is tempting though.
so true, my friends on verizon thought the storm was such trash, they wont even consider the storm 2. i think it was so bad, it turned them awayfrom blackberry products in general bc that was their first bb. too bad for them. i never was a fan of touchscreens that didnt have a physical qwerty (ieiphone) but the storm 2 does look pretty damn dope.

Originally Posted by TheTim11

tour 2
nerd.gif
dammit sprint
smh.gif
.....i just paid retail for a damn tour and this is finna drop????? looks like i'll b returning my tour and getting my 8330 reactivated until this "essex" releases
smh.gif

Are they gonna discontinue the OG Tour on Sprint when the Essex drops..its only right
eyes.gif
You're still gonna get the same phone again. Trust they have refurbs stored for situations such as these.

tour 2
nerd.gif
dammit sprint
smh.gif
smh.gif

eyes.gif
You're still gonna get the same phone again. Trust they have refurbs stored for situations such as these.
htc lol

tour 2
nerd.gif
dammit sprint
smh.gif
smh.gif

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by 18th letter

(#&%^#^%#(^#$%(#@$^% \

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

GOTDAMMIT

YES I'M MAD.

I'm really thinking about switching over to TMo when that Everything Plus plan goes into effect and cop that 9700.

Since I'm technically a "free agent", which provider do yall think has the best BB plan/rates?

Originally Posted by grittyman20

I'm really thinking about switching over to TMo when that Everything Plus plan goes into effect and cop that 9700.

Since I'm technically a "free agent", which provider do yall think has the best BB plan/rates?

Project dark is now available.. now you have to wait till Nov.11th ( i think thats the date) to cop the 9700.

Back
Top Bottom