...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

33l2i42.jpg

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You'd have to get a different theme which maximizes wallpaper space. I don't know which model you have, but there are definitely more wallpaper friendly themes out there, no icons, smaller icons, hidden icons, etc.

Check out the Crackberry forums and see what you like.

That Foppa theme you gave me a while back, good lookin
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Glad you enjoy it. I always look to switch it up but I keep coming back. A lot of themes look great but don't always run smooth, eat battery, etc.

thinking about switching over to the BB world...question though..

Is there an app like iBlacklist on the IPhone for blackberry's?

Basically it blocks SMS texts and calls..

Is there anyone using their Bolds or Blackberries without any cases? How well do they hold up in the case of getting dropped? The OEM silicone case I bought is lose as hell and the Otterbox cases look way too big and bulky. Is there any other cases I might've missed?

Originally Posted by sauuceking

Is there anyone using their Bolds or Blackberries without any cases? How well do they hold up in the case of getting dropped? The OEM silicone case I bought is lose as hell and the Otterbox cases look way too big and bulky. Is there any other cases I might've missed?

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Search eBay for epik cases, the cheapest best case out for a Berry
Agreed. I got mine from degasis.net  There's a sale right now, any case is 5 dollars, plus he has cheap but good quality screen protectors for a dollar a piece.  Fast shipping too.

9700_logo_black.jpg

9700_circ_black.jpg

Has a bunch of colors, I think the black looks the best.  Thin and doesn't really take away from the look of the phone compared to other cases.

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

As far as texts there's a built in feature in the BB that you can block texts from specific people or you can make it so only people in your contact list' texts will go through.

I use PrivacyStar to block calls from specific people and it works great.

Anyone updated their 9700 with the new OS for T-Mobile? Any reviews? Looking to definitely update mine.

Originally Posted by mike23theking

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by escobarmeth

If someone has an invite code, you can use it on (as far as I know) three different devices. you need to click on the link in the invite email, use the email addy that the person invited subscribed with as the username and the invite code as the pass. After that, you can make your own account. It's a bit of a loophole, but it works. As far as I know, you can only dl it on 3 devices. After that it will ask you to login to social scope before dl-ing it. 
Can anyone else confirm this?

that is DEFINITELY a negative.  Tried hooking wifey's phone up with SS and it didn't work.  If she's signed in on her phone, the SS on my phone has HER facebook/twitter pages.

Originally Posted by s dubl

what is social scope? 
nerd.gif

Private beta application that integrates Twitter/Facebook... also Flickr and Foursquare.

I've had it for a week now and love it.  Only thing I have a gripe about is 140 characters is a 140 characters.  No Twitlonger or link shrinking.  Other than that, I don't have any problems.  

I like being able to choose what gets tweeted and what gets sent to FB...  now I don't have to worry about RT's or #FF's being sent to Facebook.
laugh.gif

btw, it took damn near a year for my account to become activated.
eyes.gif
haha I just saw this thread again and saw what I said was being billed as false. You can believe whatever you want, but that's how I got it. I had been trying to get socialscope for months with no luck. I had my friend forward me his invite when they upgraded it and I did exactly what I said to get it. It worked on mine, and it worked on his running our separate accounts. has anyone tried it? Mike23theking what did it say when you put it on your girl's phone? did you just login with your info and download it? 

Originally Posted by JordanPP30

smh.gif

Cant even the back off the 9650... def a fail by blackberry for that technology.
i mean at this point with da EVO4g, incredible, iphone 4G, and nexus one out or coming out...copping a blackberry at this point is lookin quite foolish...

Originally Posted by stepinitup

I need that wall paper

212u4j6.jpg

Originally Posted by ninjahood

smh.gif

Cant even the back off the 9650... def a fail by blackberry for that technology.
i mean at this point with da EVO4g, incredible, iphone 4G, and nexus one out or coming out...copping a blackberry at this point is lookin quite foolish...

Please exist DA thread...

Touchscreen phones are too gimmicky for me. Had my fair share of experience with iPhones and the Droid phones. Cool and all, do cool things, but how much do you really need? They get really slow too and drain battery with all the unnecessary things. Blackberry does the job for me, QWERTY, BBM, push e-mail, all in a sleek compact business look. It fits my needs.

With that said, I don't actually have a BB but I'm patiently waiting for VZW to release the damn 9650.
laugh.gif
Could have gone with the Incredible but played with it for awhile and realized it wasn't for me.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

is the blackberry 9650 considered to be better than the 9700?
why would a series with a lower number be BETTER then one with a higher number?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

smh.gif

Please exist DA thread...
u mad?
laugh.gif

blackberry's reign is done, at this point if you paying 200-300 for a blackberry when you can get a high performance superphone for da same amount of money on

sprint or verizon its silly to cop in comparison.
Touchscreen phones are too gimmicky for me. Had my fair share of experience with iPhones and the Droid phones. Cool and all, do cool things, but how much do you really need? They get really slow too and drain battery with all the unnecessary things
u must've not touched one in a long time, they throw gig processors in phones now...

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by That Kid Daniel

As far as texts there's a built in feature in the BB that you can block texts from specific people or you can make it so only people in your contact list' texts will go through.

I use PrivacyStar to block calls from specific people and it works great.
my man.
pimp.gif
thank you. you're a lifesaver. It's official i'm dropping the IPhone and switching to sprint and getting the 9650. Can't beat that $69 deal.

Back
Top Bottom