...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by Miniojw

I have a tour and I think the new BB torch is still lacking behind. The spec would have looked good early last year or even 2008.

This.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Slide-up phones in 2010 is whats hot in the streets huh
eek.gif
eek.gif
word..that joint got half steppin written ALL over it..and they got da nerve to charge 200.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Slide-up phones in 2010 is whats hot in the streets huh
eek.gif
eek.gif
word..that joint got half steppin written ALL over it..and they got da nerve to charge 200.

why do you hang in here if you don't like blackberries? someone sodomize you with a blackberry pearl, that why you so mad? geez

Damn, I can still return my iPhone 4.. I miss my BB so I might have to return my 4 to get the new Torch

I want to black out my 9700.
Has anyone changed the top piece (that says BlackBerry)? If so, has the quality of the ear piece speaker been affected? I wanted to make sure before I do the mod.

I am looking to get a 9650 (Verizon) this weekend, leaving my 8330 behind. I have an upgrade available, so it shouldn't be an issue to make the switch. If I do so, will there be any problems with me giving my friend my 8330? He is looking to have a different phone from the one he currently has, and asked if I can give him my 8330 whenever I got a new phone. He would just have to have the phone wiped out and make the switch on his own (with plan information and whatnot), correct?

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Windows Phone 7 puts BlackBerry 6 to Shame on the Engadget Show[/h1]
File under: News

By: Adam Z Lein | Date: 5-Aug-10 | 6 Comments

WinPho7engadg.jpg

Last night, a Windows Phone 7 prototype appeared on the Engadget Show along with the new BlackBerry Torch and BlackBerry 6 operating system. Joshua Topolsky compared the web browser on "the best BlackBerry ever" to the Internet Explorer on the unfinished Windows Phone 7 running on demo hardware. Unfortunately for BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7 was clearly superior. Even though the BlackBerry was using 3G and Windows Phone 7 was using WiFi, Windows Phone 7 was much faster and responsive when zooming, panning, and re-rendering content while the BlackBerry appeared almost unusable. Our experience with the BlackBerry Torch at the launch event was similar. Meanwhile, Josh, Nilay, and Paul felt that Windows Phone 7 was much more impressive than anything that was previously referred to as a Windows Phone. It was also fun to see Joshua Topolsky's Xbox Live Avatar which looked just like him and was wearing the same suit as he had on during the show.

If you missed the Engadget show live stream last night, they should be posting an edited version soon.

I don't mind the slider look at all, Dell and HTC are coming out with sliders.  I was expecting more form RIM, the browser is a upgrade but still needs work....seems like the work is skin deep. I was expecting the new os to come out later in the year with the Bold hybrid. But looking at what other companies are doing later in the year, the release of a new phone and os, the timing is pretty good.

HELP!

The memos I write aren't saving
frown.gif
When I go to options I can see that the entries are there, but every time I hit save, I go back and it says I have no memos smh

I have an 8900 Curve

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by reddmann s2

Originally Posted by Dead Stokc

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

I am getting tired of memory leaks and battery pulls. It might be time to jump ship.

Please dont leave us.
The sarcasm runs extra thick right here
laugh.gif
A+ Response
You 2 have no idea what you're talking about.

Sig Check!

I have the Blackberry 9700. Had it since November. This phone has been pissing me off lately. Sometimes I want to throw it...

The BBM msgs are always delayed, it takes forever to send them. And the BBM Group msgs are always delayed, I get all of the msgs all at once like 10 minutes after they've been sent. And they are out of order in the chat.

I might be leaving Blackberry soon...

So I'm 3 weeks away from copping the Droid X (Since you can only order it online & the new shipment comes in on the 22nd smh) but I'm still keeping a close eye on the Torch since I love BB and hate to leave the fam. What do ya think?

Mine is not working properly. When i go to reply to an email i type it out hit send and it doesnt send. I have to back out and then find the email i tried to send and then hit resend anyone know what the problem could be?

I know you guys aren't getting excited over this phone.? To be honest these specs are what phones had like 16 months ago. This OS/Phone in no way compete with any Android or Iphone cell that out right now. This is coming from a BB owner for 3 years. I recently switched to the Evo 4G and is not looking back.

Rim dropped the ball with this phone. I would get an Iphone 3G before i get this phone and thats saying a lot.

Back
Top Bottom