...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by Kingtre

let me just say i fell in love with my curve again
pimp.gif

i slept on most apps etc and used the phone for the basics BUT

-PIN messaging is
pimp.gif
AIM sucks and sending 5000 text messages is a hassle...PIN made that a whole lot easier

-this past weekend i discovered the best thing about my curve...it can be used as a modem! backstory is basically i was blessed with free wifi forever in my house...got taken away recently but im moving so i didnt bother to get my own...so i've just been living without it at home for a couple months...discovered this and BAM i was on PokerStars getting $$ while watching Belly on the TV
pimp.gif

my curve is all scratched and beat up but i put that call in to tmobile friday and a crispy DS joint is on the way....i will care for that one and explore all the options this time around
laugh.gif

What did you tell them so you can get a new one and did you have to pay the deductable?

they dont give em out easy
smh.gif
they tried every fix in the book, took me 3 calls and i'm a long time customer that used to get MDAs, DASHs etc etcreplaced all the time...they are stingy with the BBs i guess-
my issues were lagging, freezing, etc etc and they kept putting it thru troubleshooting thenfinally i hit em with the unfixable, it wont charge, port is messed up
laugh.gif
which it is
nerd.gif

and no $...coulda paid $15 for it to be overnighted but took the free ground shipping instead...it will be here sometime this week

I finally made the permanent switch from the LX back to the Curve. I couldn't be more satisfied. Custom ringtones, apps, better cam for those on the gomoments, better speaker, etc. The service for the LX had been terrible for the past week so I decided enough was enough and ordered me a Curve on Wednesday oflast week and had it Thursday and sold the LX Friday evening.

if the reset doesnt work try deleting pic/ringtones other stuff thats taking up memory and buy a memory card.... my girls was doin the same thing and my friendfrom tmobile said that was the problem

I D/L'ed a bunch of different themes and this happened to me...

just delete some stuff or get a memory card

from what i remember, a hard reset (pulling out the battery while the phone still on) isnt going to work. youre supposed to clear your call logs & messagesevery so often. check out blackberryforums.com, they're pretty knowledgeable when it comes to blackberrys.

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

What did you tell them so you can get a new one and did you have to pay the deductable?

they dont give em out easy
smh.gif
they tried every fix in the book, took me 3 calls and i'm a long time customer that used to get MDAs, DASHs etc etc replaced all the time...they are stingy with the BBs i guess-
my issues were lagging, freezing, etc etc and they kept putting it thru troubleshooting then finally i hit em with the unfixable, it wont charge, port is messed up
laugh.gif
which it is
nerd.gif

and no $...coulda paid $15 for it to be overnighted but took the free ground shipping instead...it will be here sometime this week

Damn, I need to put in that call as well but I'm not feeling the deductable. Not only is my joint beat to death (I never use any covers) but it lagsand freezes sometimes. I'm gonna call this week to get a new joint, hopefully they hook it up for no $. I now they usually try to troubleshoot beforeagreeing to anything so its gonna be hard to stay patient
laugh.gif

pull out the battery from time to time. it'll free up space. supposedly the %#+* is like a computer in that you gotta restart it here n there. the pearl isthe one im going by. dont know about the others

the same thing happened to my pearl a couple of times. I just shut it off for about 5 mins or so and it hasnt happened ever since.

if your bb keeps erasing it is most likely you don't have any free space on it and need a memory card. if you go into the options, then click on status andscroll down to where it says file free it should be at zero if your phone logs and text keep erasing. what it means is that you don't have any free spaceon your bb left and what it will do is delete things to free up space and the first things to go are phone logs and texts. to free up space move all yourpictures off of your phone memory and put them on your memory card. to do that you can go to the options->media-> then highlight pictures with the scrollbutton then press the menu key-> then click on explore. after clicking explore device memory should come up and thats where all the pictures you have storedon your bb memory will be. you click on device memory-> pictures and you can move the pictures from there to from your phone to the memory card. if you needhelp just send me a pm

it's caused by too many programs running at the same time.

to free up space, hold ALT and press the arrow key next to your trackball.
it'll show you the programs running. just go to some you dont need running
and quit the application. after that, just to a battery pull, and you're all good.

Ive had my BB (Pearl with Tmo for those inquiring minds) for sometime too and never had this issue... now wifey on the other hand did and we couldn'tfigure it out for nothing (and I know how to troubleshoot these devices)... the day I told her I was going to reinstall the O/S on the device (after attemptingvarious other things and running out of ideas) she decided to remove the memory card from the device. After removing the memory card, it appear to resolvethe issue... apparently although she had adequate space on the card she was saving items to her memory card (and not the device) which would lead to call logsbeing deleted and messages too.

SOOOOooooo with that being said, according to her she...

-Removed the cover, battery too in order to get access to the memory card, then removed the memory card from the device
-Turned the device back on
-Items loaded onto her device (something along those lines)
-Finally, placed the memory card back in

Hasn't had an issue since... let me know if how this works out for you. Your issue might be completely different and reinstalling might be an option toconsider.

if your bb keeps erasing it is most likely you don't have any free space on it and need a memory card. if you go into the options, then click on status and scroll down to where it says file free it should be at zero if your phone logs and text keep erasing. what it means is that you don't have any free space on your bb left and what it will do is delete things to free up space and the first things to go are phone logs and texts. to free up space move all your pictures off of your phone memory and put them on your memory card. to do that you can go to the options->media-> then highlight pictures with the scroll button then press the menu key-> then click on explore. after clicking explore device memory should come up and thats where all the pictures you have stored on your bb memory will be. you click on device memory-> pictures and you can move the pictures from there to from your phone to the memory card. if you need help just send me a pm
This is the corect answer.

another thing i learned for that lagging/freezing problem-

hold ALT and click L G L G

an event log should come up

hit menu

then clear log

that log is a memory eater as well...

also clearing your browser cache helps too-

Menu - options - status will show you your free space and your total space...

another thing i learned for that lagging/freezing problem-

hold ALT and click L G L G

an event log should come up

hit menu

then clear log

that log is a memory eater as well...

also clearing your browser cache helps too-

Menu - options - status will show you your free space and your total space...

Good info I just deleted that log on my Curve.

does anyone have any suggestions for a nice case for an 8830we? i hate the bulkiness of the oem case that it comes with...
thanks in advance =]

Back
Top Bottom