...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

Just curious, is registering a BB really necessary?

I've always registered mine, but a friend of mine says he's never done it and his works just as fine.

Originally Posted by I Got Grapes

Originally Posted by Air STi

ok so i selected to update the tincan buzz me software on the curve 8900 but it crashed the memory card and now everything on the card is gone and the card is not recognized by the blackberry. how can i fix this? is there anyway to recover the files back?

everything on the card is gone, but your going to have to reformat the card on your bb now settings>options>memory>bb button>format
how about using recovery programs? will they work?

How do you add new wallpapers to your bold??

I found some pics online and i want to put them on my bold.. how do you do that???

BTW, i just got my bold today so im a true noob

Originally Posted by icykicks79

I found some pics online and i want to put them on my bold.. how do you do that???

your best bet is to email them to your self and set as wall paper or if not transfer them to your memory card and open the picture > menu> set aswallpaper and that's it

Originally Posted by icykicks79

You can either:
1. Plug in your Bold and when it asks if you want it to a mass storage device say yes, and transfer it over that way
2. Send yourself an email and attach the photo, then download
3. Most sites have special BB links for you download OTA

Edit: So you got your Bold huh? Such a boss phone huh?

Originally Posted by TheKid973

I have a BB Bold and when I add a contact to my pin messenger it takes forever to accept it; like weeks. But the weird thing is my dude has the same phone as me and and he added me today and it accepted it automatically. Any help?
Yeah I quoted myself.....

I have a BB Bold and when I add a contact to my pin messenger it takes forever to accept it; like weeks. But the weird thing is my dude has the same phone as me and and he added me today and it accepted it automatically. Any help?
Yeah I quoted myself.....

resend your service books, that should help

For those with 8900s, what OS are you all on? And how difficult, if any, is it to upgrade the OS to something better? I want batter battery life that's whyI'm asking.

how does wifi work? If I don't have a data plan will I still be able to access the internet through
wifi?

Do y'all usually put your phones on standby?

For example, on the 8900 you can hold the Mute key to put it in standby. I've been doing this and I've been saving battery, I think.
Originally Posted by rwfanatic

For those with 8900s, what OS are you all on? And how difficult, if any, is it to upgrade the OS to something better? I want batter battery life that's why I'm asking.
I want to know, too
nerd.gif

hmmm..

I can't make up my mind in which blackberry to buy. The curve 8900 or the bold. I'm getting sick of my iphone.

I seen that thread. I posted on the last page. I'm on .114 and I'm thinking about upgrading.
I just upgraded. Very easy process. No regrets, so far and I'm expecting the battery life to be better.
pimp.gif

i ordered me up a the 8900 from tmobile cuz i had an upgrade due and the price was nice at $149.99. anyway, i am making the switch from my trusty sidekick. isthere a way to transfer contact info into blackberry from sk? or is best bet to do it fresh and directly into bb? i guess i will find out soon enough, but ithought i would ask anyway.

Originally Posted by nyckone

i ordered me up a the 8900 from tmobile cuz i had an upgrade due and the price was nice at $149.99. anyway, i am making the switch from my trusty sidekick. is there a way to transfer contact info into blackberry from sk? or is best bet to do it fresh and directly into bb? i guess i will find out soon enough, but i thought i would ask anyway.

http://www.blackberryforu...contacts-blackberry.html

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

I seen that thread. I posted on the last page. I'm on .114 and I'm thinking about upgrading.
I just upgraded. Very easy process. No regrets, so far and I'm expecting the battery life to be better.
pimp.gif

What OS were you on before the upgrade?

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

pimp.gif

What OS were you on before the upgrade?
I was on the default OS that T-Mobile ships them out with. I think .114

I'm gonna try it tonight then, I need to install the desktop manager first. And all of a sudden my trackball is stuck and sill not scroll down
mad.gif
trying to fix that now somehow.

damn, on bb forum a lot of people went from the bold to 8900

im thinking of making the switch to tmobile, BUT moving with the bold instead of the 8900

even though I'd rather stay with AT&T (been with them for 5 years) their data package is too high for me

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Originally Posted by nyckone

i ordered me up a the 8900 from tmobile cuz i had an upgrade due and the price was nice at $149.99. anyway, i am making the switch from my trusty sidekick. is there a way to transfer contact info into blackberry from sk? or is best bet to do it fresh and directly into bb? i guess i will find out soon enough, but i thought i would ask anyway.

http://www.blackberryforu...contacts-blackberry.html

thank you!

Has anyone else had trouble with the trackball getting stuck? I can't scroll down all of a sudden.

Back
Top Bottom