...Official BLACKBERRY Thread v.updated...

3633754650_d2a49fd38b.jpg
Name me top 5 apps that are must-haves

whats next in line for the blackberry CURVE saga?

8300 series was dope, 8900 series just dropped... lookin
pimp.gif
as hell

whats next for the curve?

Originally Posted by bkmac

Verizon BlackBerry users (or anyone else who may be able to help, for that matter).

One of my favorite things about the LG Voyager was the application "V Cast Song ID". Now that I have my Curve, I thought I lost it. After doing some research this afternoon, I've learned that the program is available for the Curve (8330 to get specific).

Question is, how do I get it?
Please, someone help me out.

I've read that I have to go through Browser>Get Apps , but I can't find it. Am I doing the right thing?
Hmm there's a different program in App Store that does the same thing called Shazam.

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

I got a storm (renewed my year contract in Dec. to get it) how much will it cost me to switch over to the Tour?
You're likely going to pay for it in full.

Originally Posted by The Dunk Monk

whats next in line for the blackberry CURVE saga?

8300 series was dope, 8900 series just dropped... lookin
pimp.gif
as hell

whats next for the curve?
Don't expect much from the Curve line, they'll be other lines released first before the CURVE is due for a makeover.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

I can't download any apps without a data plan? I setup wifi.
Nope, RIM pushes the Browser and data related services to your phone. If you do want to use a BB without a data plan but use only wifi, then youhave to transfer programs from the desktop program over to your phone which is relatively easy. I'm not sure how you'd get paid programs though...

I never understood getting a smartphone, but not using it to its potential. Why not get the data?

Like buying a car and not starting it.

Hmm.. this could be interesting.

Full Qwerty BlackBerrys toget SureType in OS 5.0http://crackberry.com/full-qwerty-blackberry-smartphones-get-suretype-os-5-0#comments

Now THIS is neat. It seems a new feature has popped up in OS 5.0.0.110 for the BlackBerry Bold.... SureType! SureType is RIM's predictive text feature,normally featured on BlackBerry Smartphones that have the SureType keyboard (two letters per key). I guess RIM's software engineers finally decidedthere's no good reason why you can't turn on predictive text on a device that features a full qwerty keyboard. I like it! I wonder if this can push usinto 75+ WPM (with accuracy!) typing speed range. Or, maybe it'll cause more pain than it helps and slow you down. At least it should help improve withtyping in real english (vs. bb slang). Big thanks to modicusi for whipping this video up for us!

Link

Originally Posted by reigndrop

Nope, RIM pushes the Browser and data related services to your phone. If you do want to use a BB without a data plan but use only wifi, then you have to transfer programs from the desktop program over to your phone which is relatively easy. I'm not sure how you'd get paid programs though...

I want the Facebook app, Twitterberry, and Googlemaps - all of which must be attained Over The Air. Any links to them?

Nope, RIM pushes the Browser and data related services to your phone. If you do want to use a BB without a data plan but use only wifi, then you have to transfer programs from the desktop program over to your phone which is relatively easy. I'm not sure how you'd get paid programs though...

I want the Facebook app, Twitterberry, and Googlemaps - all of which must be attained Over The Air. Any links to them?
id like to do the same but i really dont feel like messing up somethign tryin to do it over the computer to my bold.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

id like to do the same but i really dont feel like messing up somethign tryin to do it over the computer to my bold.
Get the OTA Downloader. Run the desired OTA on the OTA Downloader. Then, transfer these files via cable to your memory card on your BB. Then, openthe files on your Blackberry. Go to Media > Explore (to explore your media card)

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

Get the OTA Downloader. Run the desired OTA on the OTA Downloader. Then, transfer these files via cable to your memory card on your BB. Then, open the files on your Blackberry. Go to Media > Explore (to explore your media card)

Again, I would need the links (.jad)

Okay what up guys. I'm on verizon and am getting 300 from my grandma from graduation. I want a blackberry. Whats my best bet?

Do I wait for storm 2? Or should I cop the Tour? Or should I just cop a storm

Originally Posted by Politics As Usual 22

Okay what up guys. I'm on verizon and am getting 300 from my grandma from graduation. I want a blackberry. Whats my best bet?

Do I wait for storm 2? Or should I cop the Tour? Or should I just cop a storm
Sit on it. You really don't want the first generation Storm especially w/ the 2 coming out. And w/ the Tour releasing, you'll haveanother option if you don't wanna go touchscreen.

If it were me, I'd sit on that money until I knew for sure how much better the Storm 2 is and/or see how the Tour is.

Minor issue, but it's annoying me.

When I send/receive a text, the wrong time shows up.

For example, yesterday,a text was sent me to at 2:04 PM. I replied, and the time that comes up is 4:10 PM (when in reality, I replied only a few minutes afterthe original text, not hours).

Any idea how to fix this? I'd really appreciate any help (since I didn't get any from my Song ID question
ohwell.gif
).

Minor issue, but it's annoying me.

When I send/receive a text, the wrong time shows up.

For example, yesterday,a text was sent me to at 2:04 PM. I replied, and the time that comes up is 4:10 PM (when in reality, I replied only a few minutes after the original text, not hours).

Any idea how to fix this? I'd really appreciate any help (since I didn't get any from my Song ID question
ohwell.gif
).

Sounds like an issue with your Service Provider. Contact the CS of your provider and they should be able to resolve it.

Originally Posted by Paulsen

Is there anyone else who are on the Blackberry OS 5 for the bold ?
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Yes indeed.

Upgraded from .266. Absolutely no complaints doing so. Love 5 so far.

Originally Posted by THockey66

Paulsen wrote:
Yes indeed.

Upgraded from .266. Absolutely no complaints doing so. Love 5 so far.

yeah, it's perfect, good battery life and all that. had trouble to get my free version of docs to go premium to work but i figured it out
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have a Blackberry Bold and the Led light doesn't blink red anymore when I have a missed call. I did a battery pull and checked all myprofiles...... Any help?

Back
Top Bottom