OFFICIAL: BOSTON BRUINS 2011 STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!!

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Lavy messed this team up by the constant line/goalie changes.

I'm speechless on why he benches one of the best forwards, z, in a elimination game??

Lavy is a $%@%^ moron

I hate losing on bonehead decisions

Lines, Z, maybe. Goalies, not his fault. All three played like *++. Although Bobbo played nice tonight.

ill be back later, i still think im dreaming...

feels good to close out the series. we really looked like a different team in this series. just in the zone and locked in with one goal in mind...get past em. huge monkey off the back. if you hate claude, it's too bad because he just bought himself another year
laugh.gif

timmy and krejci...stepped up big time. seidenberg huge playoffs so far after first two games v MTL. and luc...my man luc finally shows up and finishes. he didnt play particularly great tonight, but he finished his chances which was a welcome sight. andy ference has been huge as well.

philballa and stilln...i promise im not trying to rub it in...but in games 3 and 4...it just looked like you guys didn't care what happened. there was no intensity. it was surprising to see the flyers come out pretty flat to start both of those games. i definitely don't understand laviolette's style...between the goalie changes and lineup changes...how's the team supposed to get into a flow. i was amazed that zherdev didn't play tonight. not sure if it was a coaching call or injury, but i assume a healthy scratch. absolutely no reason for a guy like shelly to play in this series, ESPECIALLY when down 3-0.

lets rest up, stay sharp, and move on to tampa. going to be a tough series, but we're more than capable of knocking them out as well.

bjm, trueblues, solemate....
Feels_Good_Man_Dog.jpg

feels good to close out the series. we really looked like a different team in this series. just in the zone and locked in with one goal in mind...get past em. huge monkey off the back. if you hate claude, it's too bad because he just bought himself another year
laugh.gif

timmy and krejci...stepped up big time. seidenberg huge playoffs so far after first two games v MTL. and luc...my man luc finally shows up and finishes. he didnt play particularly great tonight, but he finished his chances which was a welcome sight. andy ference has been huge as well.

philballa and stilln...i promise im not trying to rub it in...but in games 3 and 4...it just looked like you guys didn't care what happened. there was no intensity. it was surprising to see the flyers come out pretty flat to start both of those games. i definitely don't understand laviolette's style...between the goalie changes and lineup changes...how's the team supposed to get into a flow. i was amazed that zherdev didn't play tonight. not sure if it was a coaching call or injury, but i assume a healthy scratch. absolutely no reason for a guy like shelly to play in this series, ESPECIALLY when down 3-0.

lets rest up, stay sharp, and move on to tampa. going to be a tough series, but we're more than capable of knocking them out as well.

bjm, trueblues, solemate....
Feels_Good_Man_Dog.jpg

Source: Patrice Bergeron has concussion
E-mail | Print | Comments (1) Posted by Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff May 7, 2011 10:02 AM
Per the Globe's Kevin Paul Dupont via Twitter moments ago: "Not from team, but top source has confirmed Bergeron concussion."

Bergeron was knocked out early in the third period when he was checked by Flyers right wing Claude Giroux.

Looking woozy and glassy-eyed after getting smacked to the ice in the left circle in the Bruins’ zone, the 25-year-old Bergeron gained his feet after a few seconds and skated slowly but deliberately to the bench.

Without stopping, the dogged center, by far the club’s MVP in the postseason, made his way straight to the dressing room — still under his own power — and was not seen for the rest of the night.

We'll have more from the Globe reporters on this shortly.

frown.gif

E-mail | Print | Comments (1) Posted by Steve Silva, Boston.com Staff May 7, 2011 10:02 AM
Per the Globe's Kevin Paul Dupont via Twitter moments ago: "Not from team, but top source has confirmed Bergeron concussion."

Bergeron was knocked out early in the third period when he was checked by Flyers right wing Claude Giroux.

Looking woozy and glassy-eyed after getting smacked to the ice in the left circle in the Bruins’ zone, the 25-year-old Bergeron gained his feet after a few seconds and skated slowly but deliberately to the bench.

Without stopping, the dogged center, by far the club’s MVP in the postseason, made his way straight to the dressing room — still under his own power — and was not seen for the rest of the night.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by Solemate96

frown.gif
indifferent.gif

we're screwed without him. looks like seguin will get his shot...

frown.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

frown.gif
indifferent.gif

Out of action for at very least 7 days.

This totally ruins last night's victory.

frown.gif
indifferent.gif

Out of action for at very least 7 days.

This totally ruins last night's victory.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Bruins will still find a way to advance past Tampa.

agreed patrice was GREAT during the reg. season but in the playoffs looks like hes made his nitche jus tkaing bad penalties...

Krejci-Horton-Luci line jus needs to keep up with the Tampa power line... Guy likes to run stamkos and marty and alternate vinny and ry mal on that line

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Bruins will still find a way to advance past Tampa.

agreed patrice was GREAT during the reg. season but in the playoffs looks like hes made his nitche jus tkaing bad penalties...

Krejci-Horton-Luci line jus needs to keep up with the Tampa power line... Guy likes to run stamkos and marty and alternate vinny and ry mal on that line

Originally Posted by msaba07

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Marley, first off...you're a tool. Secondly, you started watching hockey 3 years ago. You don't know what the $!!+ you are ever talking about and you show your ignorance/stupidity with just about everything you post concerning the Caps. If you are ready to ship Green out of town for what you view as a "bad" series, then Carlson should go back to the AHL and Hannan should go back to Colorado and re-swap him for Flash. Those two were WORSE than Green in the playoffs, but he remains your whipping boy...whatever. Why do I even waste my time correcting you?
Just remember I picked boston to win it all before the season and you laughed at me in much the same way ...

Just remember I told you last year how bad schultz was and you defended him with all your might under the veil of that fluke +- ... now you sat he has to go ...=

Just remember how bad i told you Bruce was doing and you defended him with all your might ... now, it "may be time for him to go" ...

Just remember i told you that Mike Green should be cut ... next year after he blows it even worse, you'll agree with me again ...

I've gone to caps game since I was 6 years old at the caps center ... I've been to more Caps games than you've watched on TV ...
I highly doubt it. 

I'm going to date myself but whatever...My family has VERY close ties to the organization that goes back to the 80's.  I've actually SEEN Mike Gartner, Scott Stevens, Larry Murphy, Gaetan Duchesne, Mike Ridley, Kevin Hatcher, etc play, and as a kid I've been around those guys off the ice more times than I can remember....I can remember the archaic decibel meter at the Caps Center and the crowd yelling PEEEEEEEEEETE when Pete Peeters would make a save.  I can go on and on, but this isn't a pissing contest. 

*And just to clarify, I'm not to knocking people who have watched hockey for 3 years or less.  There are a lot of good/knowledgeable folks out there who are relatively new to the game, but you show your true bandwagon/fairweather colors more often than not.  It's REALLY easy to tell who follows this team and who doesn't.  You don't know what you're talking about the majority of the time and you make up the 1% of the posters in this thread who is a moron (no plural).  Go ahead and get your rebuttal in with lines crossing out what I typed, the normal expletives ($$#* #!!@ $$#* #!!@ $$#* #!!@) that you always post, and overall idiotic nature of what you usually say, cause I'm done addressing you. 

anyways....

Sucks that Bergeron has a concussion.  Say what you want about Chara, but IMO, Bergeron is the heart/soul of that team.  That's a HUGE loss.  I think this TB/Boston matchup will go 7 games.  Guy Boucher is adept at making in-game adjustments that can give him team a boost.  I honestly don't know which team will come out of the ECF.  It's gonna be a good one.  I dunno if I mentioned it before, but Marin St. Louis is the MVP to me.  I think I had Carey Price as my choice in a earlier post....but WOW...Marty is so fun to watch and he's so damn good even at 36 years old.  Must be some sort of fountain of youth in TB. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by msaba07

Marley, first off...you're a tool. Secondly, you started watching hockey 3 years ago. You don't know what the $!!+ you are ever talking about and you show your ignorance/stupidity with just about everything you post concerning the Caps. If you are ready to ship Green out of town for what you view as a "bad" series, then Carlson should go back to the AHL and Hannan should go back to Colorado and re-swap him for Flash. Those two were WORSE than Green in the playoffs, but he remains your whipping boy...whatever. Why do I even waste my time correcting you?
Just remember I picked boston to win it all before the season and you laughed at me in much the same way ...

Just remember I told you last year how bad schultz was and you defended him with all your might under the veil of that fluke +- ... now you sat he has to go ...=

Just remember how bad i told you Bruce was doing and you defended him with all your might ... now, it "may be time for him to go" ...

Just remember i told you that Mike Green should be cut ... next year after he blows it even worse, you'll agree with me again ...

I've gone to caps game since I was 6 years old at the caps center ... I've been to more Caps games than you've watched on TV ...
I highly doubt it. 

I'm going to date myself but whatever...My family has VERY close ties to the organization that goes back to the 80's.  I've actually SEEN Mike Gartner, Scott Stevens, Larry Murphy, Gaetan Duchesne, Mike Ridley, Kevin Hatcher, etc play, and as a kid I've been around those guys off the ice more times than I can remember....I can remember the archaic decibel meter at the Caps Center and the crowd yelling PEEEEEEEEEETE when Pete Peeters would make a save.  I can go on and on, but this isn't a pissing contest. 

*And just to clarify, I'm not to knocking people who have watched hockey for 3 years or less.  There are a lot of good/knowledgeable folks out there who are relatively new to the game, but you show your true bandwagon/fairweather colors more often than not.  It's REALLY easy to tell who follows this team and who doesn't.  You don't know what you're talking about the majority of the time and you make up the 1% of the posters in this thread who is a moron (no plural).  Go ahead and get your rebuttal in with lines crossing out what I typed, the normal expletives ($$#* #!!@ $$#* #!!@ $$#* #!!@) that you always post, and overall idiotic nature of what you usually say, cause I'm done addressing you. 

anyways....

Sucks that Bergeron has a concussion.  Say what you want about Chara, but IMO, Bergeron is the heart/soul of that team.  That's a HUGE loss.  I think this TB/Boston matchup will go 7 games.  Guy Boucher is adept at making in-game adjustments that can give him team a boost.  I honestly don't know which team will come out of the ECF.  It's gonna be a good one.  I dunno if I mentioned it before, but Marin St. Louis is the MVP to me.  I think I had Carey Price as my choice in a earlier post....but WOW...Marty is so fun to watch and he's so damn good even at 36 years old.  Must be some sort of fountain of youth in TB. 
laugh.gif

Sucks that Bergeron has a concussion.  Say what you want about Chara, but IMO, Bergeron is the heart/soul of that team.  That's a HUGE loss. 
this. jewsee...you couldn't be more wrong. bergeron has been huge for us. our best PK guy, effective in both ends. those two penalties were bad, but we wouldnt have gotten past MTL without him. he should be the captain of the team IMO.

Sucks that Bergeron has a concussion.  Say what you want about Chara, but IMO, Bergeron is the heart/soul of that team.  That's a HUGE loss. 
this. jewsee...you couldn't be more wrong. bergeron has been huge for us. our best PK guy, effective in both ends. those two penalties were bad, but we wouldnt have gotten past MTL without him. he should be the captain of the team IMO.

So what you're telling me is, I don't know what I'm talking about, yet you end up agreeing with me a year later? Maybe, just maybe, you lack the foresight to properly assess the team? Ever think of that?

Hell, I probably watched over 70 games this season and went to about 20 ... Your "bandwagon" claim lacks substance in fact ...

I'm a moron but I picked the Bruins to win the cup this year ... I'm a moron because I think Mike Green sucks ... Let me know which of those you can factually disagree with and/or offer your predictions/assessments that display just how much more knowledgeable you are than I am ... ... ... I'll wait ...

So what you're telling me is, I don't know what I'm talking about, yet you end up agreeing with me a year later? Maybe, just maybe, you lack the foresight to properly assess the team? Ever think of that?

Hell, I probably watched over 70 games this season and went to about 20 ... Your "bandwagon" claim lacks substance in fact ...

I'm a moron but I picked the Bruins to win the cup this year ... I'm a moron because I think Mike Green sucks ... Let me know which of those you can factually disagree with and/or offer your predictions/assessments that display just how much more knowledgeable you are than I am ... ... ... I'll wait ...

i wasnt questioning his emotional impact... on the ice, he was flat out better during the reg season... more productive in every aspect really including the faceoff circle

i wasnt questioning his emotional impact... on the ice, he was flat out better during the reg season... more productive in every aspect really including the faceoff circle

Back
Top Bottom