OFFICIAL Boston Celtics 2010-2011 Season Thread vol. See you in 2018!

u gotta believe sheed is coming back. im thinking ainge is maybe saying "hey we almost won the finals last year without perkins without homecourt against the lakers. this year it looks like we will have homecourt against the lakers if we both make it back so why not trade perkins and get green? call up sheed and get him back?"

thing here is how effective will sheed be with such a big lay off?

u gotta believe sheed is coming back. im thinking ainge is maybe saying "hey we almost won the finals last year without perkins without homecourt against the lakers. this year it looks like we will have homecourt against the lakers if we both make it back so why not trade perkins and get green? call up sheed and get him back?"

thing here is how effective will sheed be with such a big lay off?

dumb move. smfh..... Jermaine and shaq split minutes w/ kristic getting the rest.. Big

baby back up KG
green back up pierce
Wafer back up ray
Delonte back up rondo

idk man... just gotta see how this works..

Perkins >

dumb move. smfh..... Jermaine and shaq split minutes w/ kristic getting the rest.. Big

baby back up KG
green back up pierce
Wafer back up ray
Delonte back up rondo

idk man... just gotta see how this works..

Perkins >

This move will not hurt the celtics unless they play the lakers in the finals. Yeah Dwight might get his 30 a game but that team is a joke right now.

Perkins was the dude that put the fire out on Gasol or Bynum when they were doing damage. I don't think KG or Shaq can guard those guys 1 on1 for most of the game.
Also Perkins was EXCELLENT at deterring Kobe from driving to the basket.

This move will not hurt the celtics unless they play the lakers in the finals. Yeah Dwight might get his 30 a game but that team is a joke right now.

Perkins was the dude that put the fire out on Gasol or Bynum when they were doing damage. I don't think KG or Shaq can guard those guys 1 on1 for most of the game.
Also Perkins was EXCELLENT at deterring Kobe from driving to the basket.

we have shaq, big baby, KG, jerminae, and kristic still as our big men.. but no man who can move and was at liek 6'7 ++! in height wise and strong enough to guard say Lebron james when pierce is resting

we have shaq, big baby, KG, jerminae, and kristic still as our big men.. but no man who can move and was at liek 6'7 ++! in height wise and strong enough to guard say Lebron james when pierce is resting

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Yeah I mean I know how important Perk is but he only played 12 games this year
as much as i hate your team, you guys will be fine. you guys managed without him and yes my man shaq is still servicable. green and nenad are upgrades

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Yeah I mean I know how important Perk is but he only played 12 games this year
as much as i hate your team, you guys will be fine. you guys managed without him and yes my man shaq is still servicable. green and nenad are upgrades

I spoke highly of you guys to my Laker brethren in our thread.  I must now go and shower and wash this shame off me. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

CP1708 wrote:
I'm not entirely convinced that the Celtics didn't improve themselves today. 

I know that's a stretch, but Jeff Green is a good player, and at OKC, they had him playing the PF spot, and he is NOT a PF.  He is a SF and can also play 2 if needed.  He's a lot like Lamar in that he can do a lot of things on the court, nothing great, but everything well.  (hence, Lamar being mentioned) 

He now gives them a guy that will help both Paul and Ray when it comes time to face Wade/Bron. 

Perkins is good, solid as hell, makes them very tough.........he's played a dozen games this year.  The Celtics are still at the top of the East, and he missed almost the whole season.  Get where I'm goin here? 

Shaq will be there in April, he's on vacation right now, don't act like you have't seen it before from him.  The rest of those guys, Daniels, Harongody, Nate, none of them change that roster.  Delonte will be back, so losing Nate is no big, and Kristic can give them a body and size down low, just the same as Nate would give them another guard to use. 

Perk helps OKC, no doubt, because they lack a true center.  The Celtics never even run a play for the dude, he's just there to defend and rebound, Jeff Green is a guy they can use on both offense AND defense, as well as build around along with Rondo after the 3 move along. 

The Celtics did not destroy themselves at all.  They're just different is all. 

Shaq
KG
Pierce
Allen
Rondo

Green
Davis
Jermaine
Wafer
Delonte

Kristic
12th dude

Bum squad, this is not. 

I spoke highly of you guys to my Laker brethren in our thread.  I must now go and shower and wash this shame off me. 
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

CP1708 wrote:
I'm not entirely convinced that the Celtics didn't improve themselves today. 

I know that's a stretch, but Jeff Green is a good player, and at OKC, they had him playing the PF spot, and he is NOT a PF.  He is a SF and can also play 2 if needed.  He's a lot like Lamar in that he can do a lot of things on the court, nothing great, but everything well.  (hence, Lamar being mentioned) 

He now gives them a guy that will help both Paul and Ray when it comes time to face Wade/Bron. 

Perkins is good, solid as hell, makes them very tough.........he's played a dozen games this year.  The Celtics are still at the top of the East, and he missed almost the whole season.  Get where I'm goin here? 

Shaq will be there in April, he's on vacation right now, don't act like you have't seen it before from him.  The rest of those guys, Daniels, Harongody, Nate, none of them change that roster.  Delonte will be back, so losing Nate is no big, and Kristic can give them a body and size down low, just the same as Nate would give them another guard to use. 

Perk helps OKC, no doubt, because they lack a true center.  The Celtics never even run a play for the dude, he's just there to defend and rebound, Jeff Green is a guy they can use on both offense AND defense, as well as build around along with Rondo after the 3 move along. 

The Celtics did not destroy themselves at all.  They're just different is all. 

Shaq
KG
Pierce
Allen
Rondo

Green
Davis
Jermaine
Wafer
Delonte

Kristic
12th dude

Bum squad, this is not. 

Why would you give up Erden, a 7 footer with upside, for nothing? Boggles my #@$#% mind. And now Sheed is staying retired so we have nothing else to help out the bigs situation. #%!# Danny Ainge!

I know I've been following this team since I was a kid and if not for KG falling into our laps, he'd be fresh out of Boston long ago. He disrespected Antoine and got rid of him, pissed off the Truth, messed up the Roy pick, gave Perkins away for some run-of-the-mill backup, gets rid of our young bigs, all for what? This guy is incompetent to @#%@.

Why would you give up Erden, a 7 footer with upside, for nothing? Boggles my #@$#% mind. And now Sheed is staying retired so we have nothing else to help out the bigs situation. #%!# Danny Ainge!

I know I've been following this team since I was a kid and if not for KG falling into our laps, he'd be fresh out of Boston long ago. He disrespected Antoine and got rid of him, pissed off the Truth, messed up the Roy pick, gave Perkins away for some run-of-the-mill backup, gets rid of our young bigs, all for what? This guy is incompetent to @#%@.

We still have the buy-outs to look forward to. Other players will be added, but whom?

We still have the buy-outs to look forward to. Other players will be added, but whom?

Back
Top Bottom