OFFICIAL Boston Celtics 2010-2011 Season Thread vol. See you in 2018!

Y'all are silly. So quick to say Ainge failed.

The celtics have some of the best basketball metrics analysts of any team in the NBA. I don't think this was done on a whim, or just to make roster spots.

I have always thought that Green was an underrated player and I would almost gaurantee he will lead the bench in scoring + rebounds.

either way, when Perkins contract was up the C's weren't gonna match a big offer, he was leaving and this way we got something for him.

The celtics have some of the best basketball metrics analysts of any team in the NBA. I don't think this was done on a whim, or just to make roster spots.

I have always thought that Green was an underrated player and I would almost gaurantee he will lead the bench in scoring + rebounds.

either way, when Perkins contract was up the C's weren't gonna match a big offer, he was leaving and this way we got something for him.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Metrics my #@%. Danny could've at least got some guys that play some D. And how stupid was he to draft Harangody if he trades him right away? Why get rid of Erden when there are few healthy bigs on the roster. For a 2nd round pick? Get real.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Metrics my #@%. Danny could've at least got some guys that play some D. And how stupid was he to draft Harangody if he trades him right away? Why get rid of Erden when there are few healthy bigs on the roster. For a 2nd round pick? Get real.

this dude chris johnson look frail as hell
laugh.gif

why does rondo wear white shoes for away games? isnt that against nba rules?

He usually wears black shoes at home too even though the rest of the team wears white. It used to be against the rules but the NBA did away with that rule a year or 2 ago. I don't like it though, looks better when the whole team wears white socks/shoes at home and black on the road.

why does rondo wear white shoes for away games? isnt that against nba rules?

He usually wears black shoes at home too even though the rest of the team wears white. It used to be against the rules but the NBA did away with that rule a year or 2 ago. I don't like it though, looks better when the whole team wears white socks/shoes at home and black on the road.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Why would you give up Erden, a 7 footer with upside, for nothing? Boggles my #@$#% mind. And now Sheed is staying retired so we have nothing else to help out the bigs situation. #%!# Danny Ainge!

I know I've been following this team since I was a kid and if not for KG falling into our laps, he'd be fresh out of Boston long ago. He disrespected Antoine and got rid of him, pissed off the Truth, messed up the Roy pick, gave Perkins away for some run-of-the-mill backup, gets rid of our young bigs, all for what? This guy is incompetent to @#%@.
Ainge knows something we don't.

Leon Powe just got waived by the Cavs, I bet he gets picked up. Then there's Troy Murphy.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Why would you give up Erden, a 7 footer with upside, for nothing? Boggles my #@$#% mind. And now Sheed is staying retired so we have nothing else to help out the bigs situation. #%!# Danny Ainge!

I know I've been following this team since I was a kid and if not for KG falling into our laps, he'd be fresh out of Boston long ago. He disrespected Antoine and got rid of him, pissed off the Truth, messed up the Roy pick, gave Perkins away for some run-of-the-mill backup, gets rid of our young bigs, all for what? This guy is incompetent to @#%@.
Ainge knows something we don't.

Leon Powe just got waived by the Cavs, I bet he gets picked up. Then there's Troy Murphy.

This dude reminds me of a create a player lol, he has like 3 tats all spaced out got get xp to build his skill up

This dude reminds me of a create a player lol, he has like 3 tats all spaced out got get xp to build his skill up

ok, they trade perkins and so whatever... many reasons, some make sense, some don;t. but the one trade that makes zero sense is trading semeh erden for nothing. when your two remaining big men are still injured. makes zero sense unless they really needed that third roster spot.

ok, they trade perkins and so whatever... many reasons, some make sense, some don;t. but the one trade that makes zero sense is trading semeh erden for nothing. when your two remaining big men are still injured. makes zero sense unless they really needed that third roster spot.

It does make some sense because the Celtics are attempting to hedge their bets. Who are the main threats to them, right now? Chicago and Miami. No need for a hulking, non mobile big like Perkins if you're trying to get past those two teams who have great guards and forwards. Consider that, and the fact that Perkins wouldn't sign for the money they felt was right, and you can kind of see why they would go in the direction they did.

Of course, one must consider the possibility of getting bullied in the paint in a possible finals rematch vs. LA.
Ainge will not enjoy living in Boston if that comes to pass, but he probably felt, all things considered, that the move was worth it.

Back
Top Bottom