OFFICIAL Boston Celtics 2010-2011 Season Thread vol. See you in 2018!

Originally Posted by amel223

The reasoning for the trade is that the Celtics want to replicate what they did during their 08 playoff run, which is running small with KG at the 5 and Posey at the 4, only this time Jeff Green filling in Posey's role.  

this might work

but if they have to face bynum  AND  gasol then it wont

and if its just gasol and odom i like to have our center on gasol to bullying him and kg on odom. those matchups always work well.

another thing is that they didnt face orlando in 08 either

that small lineup wouldnt do good against dwight howard

Read that Bill Simmons article and he brought up some good points. With Daniels out Pierce would be the only player on our team who would be able to guard Melo or Bron. I still don't get why they gave up Erden though ..I don't mind them giving up Nate, I like Delonte West better anyways. Perkins will be missed though.

Read that Bill Simmons article and he brought up some good points. With Daniels out Pierce would be the only player on our team who would be able to guard Melo or Bron. I still don't get why they gave up Erden though ..I don't mind them giving up Nate, I like Delonte West better anyways. Perkins will be missed though.

[h1]Kendrick Perkins Cries After Getting Traded: Celtics Emotional After Trade Deadline[/h1]
r-KENDRICK-PERKINS-large570.jpg

Posted: 02/25/11 12:10 PM

Inspiring
Funny
Typical
Scary
Outrageous
Amazing
Infuriating
Extreme

Read More:Boston Celtics, Celtics, Kendrick Perkins, Kendrick Perkins Celtics, Kendrick Perkins Cries, Kendrick Perkins Cry, Kendrick Perkins In Tears, Kendrick Perkins Thunder, Kendrick Perkins Trade, Kendrick Perkins Traded, Nba, Perkins Trade, Perkins Traded, Sports News

[h4]share this story[/h4]

Get Sports Alerts

Submit this story

diggredditstumble

Kendrick Perkins and his former teammates were emotional after learning that the Boston had traded the center to the Oklahoma City Thunder before the deadline on Thursday, according to CSN New England.

"There was a lot of crying, lot of hugging going on," Perkins said before his former team left to go play the Denver Nuggets. "And a lot of it was me."

Perkins, who had played for the Celtics for seven years, was dealt to Oklahoma City along with Nate Robinson in exchange for forward Jeff Green.

"I miss them," Perkins said. "I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna miss the hell out of them. It's going to be hard leaving them behind, leaving this team behind and the fans and this city. But this is a business, and being traded is part of that business."

His Boston teammates were also upset with the trade.

"It's not even about a teammate. It felt like you lost a family member today," Kevin Garnett said after Boston's 89-75 loss to Denver. "Tough day."

Paul Pierce talked about trusting team president Danniy Ainge and coach Doc Rivers: "We trust in them. It is what it is. We can't use any excuses, cry over spilled milk."

[h1]Kendrick Perkins Cries After Getting Traded: Celtics Emotional After Trade Deadline[/h1]
r-KENDRICK-PERKINS-large570.jpg

Posted: 02/25/11 12:10 PM

Inspiring
Funny
Typical
Scary
Outrageous
Amazing
Infuriating
Extreme

Read More:Boston Celtics, Celtics, Kendrick Perkins, Kendrick Perkins Celtics, Kendrick Perkins Cries, Kendrick Perkins Cry, Kendrick Perkins In Tears, Kendrick Perkins Thunder, Kendrick Perkins Trade, Kendrick Perkins Traded, Nba, Perkins Trade, Perkins Traded, Sports News

[h4]share this story[/h4]

Get Sports Alerts

Submit this story

diggredditstumble

Kendrick Perkins and his former teammates were emotional after learning that the Boston had traded the center to the Oklahoma City Thunder before the deadline on Thursday, according to CSN New England.

"There was a lot of crying, lot of hugging going on," Perkins said before his former team left to go play the Denver Nuggets. "And a lot of it was me."

Perkins, who had played for the Celtics for seven years, was dealt to Oklahoma City along with Nate Robinson in exchange for forward Jeff Green.

"I miss them," Perkins said. "I ain't gonna lie. I'm gonna miss the hell out of them. It's going to be hard leaving them behind, leaving this team behind and the fans and this city. But this is a business, and being traded is part of that business."

His Boston teammates were also upset with the trade.

"It's not even about a teammate. It felt like you lost a family member today," Kevin Garnett said after Boston's 89-75 loss to Denver. "Tough day."

Paul Pierce talked about trusting team president Danniy Ainge and coach Doc Rivers: "We trust in them. It is what it is. We can't use any excuses, cry over spilled milk."

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Why would you give up Erden, a 7 footer with upside, for nothing? Boggles my #@$#% mind. And now Sheed is staying retired so we have nothing else to help out the bigs situation. #%!# Danny Ainge!

I know I've been following this team since I was a kid and if not for KG falling into our laps, he'd be fresh out of Boston long ago. He disrespected Antoine and got rid of him, pissed off the Truth, messed up the Roy pick, gave Perkins away for some run-of-the-mill backup, gets rid of our young bigs, all for what? This guy is incompetent to @#%@.

and not keeping james posey was the dumbest move of the whole big three era

i think if we kept posey we got atleast one more ring

- yall sound like delusional Laker fans usually sound. the Celtics gave James Posey an offer and he walked away thinking he was worth more. well time has shown us what he was really worth, we havent seen or heard from James Posey since what 2008?

- then Perkins was offered 30...er 23 million. which was all they could offer him, and he didnt take it. what more can Boston do??

- i liked Perk too but if Powe does sign back with Boston the trade isnt that bad....

*EDIT*

....my bad:

Because the Celtics can only, at this point, offer a contract extension, they are bound by certain rules. The four-year, $23.4 million offer is the absolute most they can offer at this point because it is classified as an extension of the current contract.

LINK

Why would you give up Erden, a 7 footer with upside, for nothing? Boggles my #@$#% mind. And now Sheed is staying retired so we have nothing else to help out the bigs situation. #%!# Danny Ainge!

I know I've been following this team since I was a kid and if not for KG falling into our laps, he'd be fresh out of Boston long ago. He disrespected Antoine and got rid of him, pissed off the Truth, messed up the Roy pick, gave Perkins away for some run-of-the-mill backup, gets rid of our young bigs, all for what? This guy is incompetent to @#%@.

and not keeping james posey was the dumbest move of the whole big three era

i think if we kept posey we got atleast one more ring

- yall sound like delusional Laker fans usually sound. the Celtics gave James Posey an offer and he walked away thinking he was worth more. well time has shown us what he was really worth, we havent seen or heard from James Posey since what 2008?

- then Perkins was offered 30...er 23 million. which was all they could offer him, and he didnt take it. what more can Boston do??

- i liked Perk too but if Powe does sign back with Boston the trade isnt that bad....

*EDIT*

....my bad:

Because the Celtics can only, at this point, offer a contract extension, they are bound by certain rules. The four-year, $23.4 million offer is the absolute most they can offer at this point because it is classified as an extension of the current contract.

LINK

Pierce cant guard bron and melo alone. because when he rests it will be over with von wafer covering bron or melo.... thats why we wanted battier.

shaq, jermaine and kirstic will do alright ....... but the most dangerous guys are lebron and melo i guess.. jeff green is that posey type player. idk about his defense though but i heard his perimeter defense is good.

hopefully this works... but im scared of Pau and Bynum with no Perk...

Pierce cant guard bron and melo alone. because when he rests it will be over with von wafer covering bron or melo.... thats why we wanted battier.

shaq, jermaine and kirstic will do alright ....... but the most dangerous guys are lebron and melo i guess.. jeff green is that posey type player. idk about his defense though but i heard his perimeter defense is good.

hopefully this works... but im scared of Pau and Bynum with no Perk...

^^^ it was a lowball offer

james posey was the 4th most important plaer on that 08 team

only kg, peirce, and ray were more important.

posey aint done nothing because hes been on trash teams.

his powers become amplified in a defensive system like boston

and his offense looks better because of all the open looks

laugh.gif
 @ giving the excuse of a lowball offer and in the same breath saying he was the 4th most important player. and they offered him a 4th most important player deal and he turned it down thinking he was Big Shot Rob or somebody.

laugh.gif
 @ giving the excuse of a lowball offer and in the same breath saying he was the 4th most important player. and they offered him a 4th most important player deal and he turned it down thinking he was Big Shot Rob or somebody.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

We lost a shot at a title? Stop.
I'm not saying that at all... But I think the defense loses a big cog. Good thing is that not many teams have even decent centers.

I'm not saying that at all... But I think the defense loses a big cog. Good thing is that not many teams have even decent centers.

I think the more important issue is loss of chemistry. The Celts looked catatonic against the Nuggets on Thursday.

I think the more important issue is loss of chemistry. The Celts looked catatonic against the Nuggets on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom