***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Nah thats just who most of the fans choose to listen to

They don't wanna hear this though.

If conscious rap got as many YT views as Don't Like, it would be promoted.

The industry has no agenda, executives are only interested in making a profit.

It's us who have to take back our culture, nobody with any real clout gives a **** about Chief Keef or Bobby Shmurda.

So you don't think there's not a particular reason or system in place responsible for this? It's not hard to see whats going on
here. Slowly filter out quality legit music, and brainwash the mainstream into listening to music that clearly has no shelf life.
You ever hear of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment?, you think this isn't possible? for a greater agenda. You must really trust your government.

Last edited:

It's us who have to take back our culture, nobody with any real clout gives a **** about Chief Keef or Bobby Shmurda.

Exactly. The labels responded to those artists. That were already exploding without them.

"I Don't Like" was popping. Then Kanye remixed it. Which is pretty much a co-sign.

Interscope came later. Same with Epic and Schmurda. Same with Trinidad.

At least Interscope is also pushing Kendrick hard.

But what are labels supposed to do? Sit on the sidelines and watch a song blow up among fans without trying to get involved?

By all means, tell all of your friends to go buy Run The Jewels and when that goes platinum, watch the change....

Last edited:
So you don't think there's not a particular reason or system in place responsible for this? It's not hard to see whats going on
here. Slowly filter out quality legit music, and brainwash the mainstream into listening to music that clearly has no shelf life.
You ever hear of the Tuskegee syphilis experiment?, you think this isn't possible? for a greater agenda. You must really trust your government.

Cant blame no system when an artist gets poppin off the strength of social media with no machine backing them

See, I don't even think it has to be as far left as "Conscious rap." Making melodic, entertaining hits is a talent that isn't that prevelant in the conscious rap field. I just feel like if this genre is going to progress, we as a culture have to stop pushing this silly **** and cosigning it man.

So yeah, you are right and I agree, it is up to us to take back our culture, but that won't happen if we keep pushing these guys who obviously don't have any real talent.

I like that Finally Rich tho...

Same. I don't completely agree that Keef has no talent, he's just impressionable (part of the reason he switched his style up) and despite his work ethic, doesn't seem to take the time to actually improve his craft before trying something else.

See, I don't even think it has to be as far left as "Conscious rap." Making melodic, entertaining hits is a talent that isn't that prevelant in the conscious rap field. I just feel like if this genre is going to progress, we as a culture have to stop pushing this silly **** and cosigning it man.

So yeah, you are right and I agree, it is up to us to take back our culture, but that won't happen if we keep pushing these guys who obviously don't have any real talent.

But the generation before this is the reason why "guys with no real talent" is getting recognized

Lil jon, ying yang twins, d4l etc paved the way

roll.gif

But the generation before this is the reason why "guys with no real talent" is getting recognized

Lil Jon had talent. He cranked out hits for years.

But he was responsible for fight inciting music. You couldn't play "put your hood up" in public in Nebraska.
:smh:

Same. I don't completely agree that Keef has no talent, he's just impressionable (part of the reason he switched his style up) and despite his work ethic, doesn't seem to take the time to actually improve his craft before trying something else.
Keef is terribile.. I gave that album a try and the intor they were just saying how real he is because he pointed a gun at a cop.. and lets NOT talk about the song Laughing to the bank.. This kinda track is what the alients from outer space will dance to when they invade to earh..maybe chief keef is an alien leader.. he sure doesnt speak good english.. har har har... har har har..

Lil Jon had talent. He cranked out hits for years.

But he was responsible for fight inciting music. You couldn't play "put your hood up" in public in Nebraska.
mean.gif
that was everywhere in the south too......that and pastor troy 
pimp.gif

**** would turn to the royal rumble 

that was everywhere in the south too......that and pastor troy 
pimp.gif

**** would turn to the royal rumble 
lil jon.. at least he did have more stuff than that.. a lil jon album.. half club.. half sex music.. then they start getting more serious.. with stuff like grand finalle

The Combat interview with one of the Central Park 5 is crazy man, and I already seen the documentary but it's giving me the same feels :smh:

Different people like different music. I can't stand anything drake with the exception of maybe 3 tracks but I understand why some dudes like him. But I also bought keef album from target and think bftd is a great tape. Serves its purpose like no other.

Back
Top Bottom