***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

Fools ain't put out a quality nba or college player in the last 10 years but they are still a leading factor in the basketball world. Don't make no sense to me. Y'all are weak now and that's cool, deal with it.

Fools ain't put out a quality nba or college player in the last 10 years but they are still a leading factor in the basketball world. Don't make no sense to me. Y'all are weak now and that's cool, deal with it.

Yeah, because being the basketball mecca is all about the NBA and college :lol:

Are you talking about NYC or the tri state area?

Ya'll compare NYC to a whole state or a region and say we don't hold a candle but NYC is only but so big.

If you add jersey which is 30 min away across the water and we have tons of talent.

Number 3 on this list with Jersey at 9 Not to mention penn at 6 and their best go to NY or NJ to play aau ball.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/08/04/which-state-could-construct-the-best-nba-roster/

Why is it yall life long mission to compare your place to NY? We not bothering anyone here. We dont care about your dirt road basketball hoops.

Renaldo Balkman was supposed to restore NY glory :lol:

New York is a "concrete jungle" I'd hope a land area with no large stretch of grass and a courts on every corner and 8 million people, someone would pick up a basketball...

Last edited:
How is NYC the Mecca when the last all Star they've produced is old man Melo? LA has put so many more hoopers in the last ten years while NY has...Lance? LA has:

Demar
Tyson Chandler
Brandon Jennings
Westbrook
Nick Young
Klay Thompson
Dorell Wright
Shabazz Muhammad
Amir Johnson
Harden
Westbrook

And more if you go back...the Lakers are weak now but they dominated the 2000s...no disrespect to New Yorkers because I know you guys are prideful about your city but I don't understand how NYC can be the Mecca when their teams are weak and they don't produce many pros anymore.

New York the reason the Hornets suck. Jordan had the right plan trying to bring Gordon in but utah matched. MJ had to settle for the nyc woman abuser

New York the reason the Hornets suck. Jordan had the right plan trying to bring Gordon in but utah matched. MJ had to settle for the nyc woman abuser
da 8th grader 
pimp.gif

How is NYC the Mecca when the last all Star they've produced is old man Melo? LA has put so many more hoopers in the last ten years while NY has...Lance? LA has:

Demar
Tyson Chandler
Brandon Jennings
Westbrook
Nick Young
Klay Thompson
Dorell Wright
Shabazz Muhammad
Amir Johnson
Harden
Westbrook

And more if you go back...the Lakers are weak now but they dominated the 2000s...no disrespect to New Yorkers because I know you guys are prideful about your city but I don't understand how NYC can be the Mecca when their teams are weak and they don't produce many pros anymore.

Let em know dawg!

This is my last post on the topic

Full Definition of MECCA

: a place regarded as a center for a specified group, activity, or interest

LA having a great run in the last 10-15 years is great and nothing to downplay but the Mecca as what is being discussed here. No one ever in the history of history has ever called LA or anywhere else on a map the mecca of basketball.

Just because you have a good run of players it doesn't change the history of the sport.

Ya'll are the reason our generation is looked at like fools. Cant appreciate history or accept the fact that you might not know what you are talking about.

Last edited:
I just don't get how it's still called the 'Mecca' when the best players don't come from there anymore, and haven't for a long time. That's my point, I get why it was the Mecca back in the crack era or even maybe up to the And1 mixtape era, but every reason I hear why is some old ****.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
New Yorkers try to claim everything. They've got 2 teams in every major sport (2 football, 2 basketball, 2 baseball, 2 in hockey) however, the city doesn't produce any athletes. It's always been an overrated melting pot. Even the pigeons walk around with their chests poked out. Claim Michael Jordan, but he probably doesn't have any recollection of living in New York. If a reporter asked Jordan about his upbringing, New York would go unmentioned. Best thing to happen to New York was Lew Alcindor... AND HE PLAYED COLLEGIATELY AND PROFESSIONALLY IN LOS ANGELES :lol:

Last edited:
New Yorkers try to claim everything. They've got 2 teams in every major sport (2 football, 2 basketball, 2 baseball, 2 in hockey) however, the city doesn't produce any athletes. It's always been an overrated melting pot. Even the pigeons walk around with their chests poked out. Claim Michael Jordan, but he probably doesn't have any recollection of living in New York. If a reporter asked Jordan about his upbringing, New York would go unmentioned. Best thing to happen to New York was Lew Alcindor... AND HE PLAYED COLLEGIATELY AND PROFESSIONALLY IN LOS ANGELES :lol:

LA had the same until both Football teams left so what are you saying?

We are supposed to turn away the money that professional teams bring to a city? We have a lot of people and a lot of tourist that come to our city who want to be entertained so let them be entertained.

No one has answered my question why are y'all upset? What makes us overrated? Who rated us to begin with?

There are a lot of great cities in the world but only in the USA do you have people so upset that a small island seems to always be the topic of discussion.

Mean while this discussion is in the thread for a NY radio station. I rest my case you hate us but yet are so passionate about everything about us.

Send me the link to the Florida radio station or basketball appreciation thread and ill come give y'all props also until then I am done.

We are supposed to turn away the money that professional teams bring to a city? We have a lot of people and a lot of tourist that come to our city who want to be entertained so let them be entertained.

No one has answered my question why are y'all upset? What makes us overrated? Who rated us to begin with?

There are a lot of great cities in the world but only in the USA do you have people so upset that a small island seems to always be the topic of discussion.

Mean while this discussion is in the thread for a NY radio station. I rest my case you hate us but yet are so passionate about everything about us.

Send me the link to the Florida radio station or basketball appreciation thread and ill come give y'all props also until then I am done.

I don't even listen to my local radio so, what's the clammoring about? New York City is the American media capital so, of course you guys get self promotion. I'll admit, the only thing I admire about NYC is the subway transit system, that was a brilliant feat of engineering. Everything else? Unimpressive. The city borrows every creation and tries to adopt it as it's own. Had it not been for Ellis Island, New York City wouldn't be looming like it is. Not to mention southern African-Americans migrating there during the Great Migrations. I'm not discrediting the city but, it's never been head and shoulders above every other city like it's made out to be. Same with LA, same with Miami. I was born in Florida, and I laugh when New Yorkers relocate down here. Some of the most disgruntled and insecure people I've ever seen. Always praising the magnitude and greatness of their city, yet they move here... Displaced because they realize how decaying and decrepit that place is. It's overpopulated man. That's why you've had movies like "Joe's Apartment" based there.

I don't even listen to my local radio so, what's the clammoring about? New York City is the American media capital so, of course you guys get self promotion. I'll admit, the only thing I admire about NYC is the subway transit system, that was a brilliant feat of engineering. Everything else? Unimpressive. The city borrows every creation and tries to adopt it as it's own. Had it not been for Ellis Island, New York City wouldn't be looming like it is. Not to mention southern African-Americans migrating there during the Great Migrations. I'm not discrediting the city but, it's never been head and shoulders above every other city like it's made out to be. Same with LA, same with Miami. I was born in Florida, and I laugh when New Yorkers relocate down here. Some of the most disgruntled and insecure people I've ever seen. Always praising the magnitude and greatness of their city, yet they move here... Displaced because they realize how decaying and decrepit that place is. It's overpopulated man. That's why you've had movies like "Joe's Apartment" based there.

So you are judging New york based on people who move to florida because they couldnt figure out a way to make things work?

That's like judging Florida by Plies or some other country bumpkin walking around. Come live in NY for a year and take advantage of everything it has to offer then tell me how horrible it is here.

Just like LA/ Socal are its a great place to visit or live but the cost of living is high because there will always be someone willing to pay it.

Some of you dudes really have an inferiority complex.

It's like the fat and ugly chicks who hate on Beyoncé or Rihanna.

Demar
Tyson Chandler
Brandon Jennings
Westbrook
Nick Young
Klay Thompson
Dorell Wright
Shabazz Muhammad
Amir Johnson
Harden
Westbrook

So last night?

and Joakim Noah?

Maybe because it's the biggest city in the country :lol:

All I'm saying is put out 1 quality basketball player. Just one. Since it's the Mecca, give us one player.

NY just isn't the basketball Mecca at any level. Not HS, College, NBA, streetball etc. I will admit Rucker is one of the holy cities in basketball..but there are other places with equally rich histories that are current today that don't get that credit because it isn't NYC.

Drew League and LA has a similar history. The forum, staples center, UCLA etc have amazing basketball history and some are still relevant. Chicago produces the best talent now and has legends. If you are a basketball Mecca, you have to also churn out talent and make new history.

NYC hasn't had an NBA star in forever. Melo learned to hoop in West Baltimore.

So last night?

and Joakim Noah?
Yes Magic, Carmelo Anthony played last night. Joakim Noah did not play last night. so What exactly is your point? Because mine was that the only NYC-bred All Star in 2015 looked broke down and hurt.

Back
Top Bottom