***Official Breakfast Club Interview Thread***

:lol: Oh...so 'Ye needs ten figures to acquire the infrastructure to do a creative startup? Then I guess there's no hope for any of us then...and I guess the vast majority these startups we're seeing today are just mirages...and brands of the past started by non-billionaires such as Rocawear, G-Unit Clothing, and BBC/Ice Cream must just be fabrications of my imagination.

Regarding what he said about needing a billion dollars to "guarantee his daughter a job," y'all actually buy that? Not even going into the merits/pitfalls of spoiling your kid to the point of guaranteeing him/her for a job that he/she might not want--you don't think 'Ye and Kim already have enough influence to line up a job for North? Not even talking about Donda/RocNation/etc., you don't think she can get a job at Def Jam/Atlantic whenever she wants? If you really think you need a billion dollars to guarantee your kid a job or protect him/her from paparazzi, I'm at a loss for words.

Also, does anyone actually believe that whatever pieces he eventually has pricing control over will be priced for the masses? I laugh at the thought of someone who only wears the most exclusive pieces designing products for the masses. I applaud his ambition to reach a certain level of influence and financial success--as a member of the 1% striving for ever greater heights, it would be hypocritical for me to hate on that--but I don't applaud his masquerading as a "man of the people" when his history shows the complete opposite.

Cool i suppose rocawear and g-unit clothing used the same fabrics that a gucci, or a Balenciaga uses?... they are in the same stores, they are produced in the same places, they use the same designers, command the same money from where they're promoted at.

All of these high end designer brands aren't priced at such ridiculous prices simply due to hype... materials are different and knowing several people who are going to school for tailoring & design top quality fabrics can be immensely expensive.

As far as the point about north west that's just another example of Ye not being able to properly articulate what he was trying to get across. After he made that statement he went on to talk about how blacks don't have a systematic structure as far as wealth goes. Meaning even at his current value a few bad moves can easily send him falling and he realizes that.

All i got from this comment is that he wants to set up a stable COLLECTION of people around him who can generate money to last generations. Exact reason why Jay-z started Roc Nation management... money doesn't last forever and we are in a age right now where 100-200 mill can be gone in 1-2 generations. That is what Ye is trying to accomplish by doing these moves not only stability for his daughter but for EVERYONE around him to continue to grow and build a dynasty of sorts for years to come.

Last edited:
:lol: Charlemagne had the balls to tell Ye what he really thought
It didn't take "balls" for him to do that.. he was just playing into his character on the show as the antagonist..

And Kanye already knew he was gonna try to do that, so both sides knew what the deal was.

We already saw what Charlemagne is made of when Gucci came through

gucci dont act the way kanye does...

so theres not much to call gucci out on. Cthagod knows gucci talk that gangsta stuff and sometimes does that gangsta stuff. whats there to call out?

I think Kanye's rants are irritating. BUT I will say, some of what he was saying was very true. Particularly about the lack of control that black people have over business moves and companies.

As someone said before, when he gets frustrated he struggles to articulate what he's trying to say, and then begins to go on a long-winded ridiculous rant that doesn't make sense.

I can't say I respect C, cause he was just playing his role. And what he did, didn't exactly take balls and that's probably why Ye just let it slide. Ye knew had he slid down to that level, it would reflected badly on Ye only.

I think Kanye's rants are irritating. BUT I will say, some of what he was saying was very true. Particularly about the lack of control that black people have over business moves and companies.

As someone said before, when he gets frustrated he struggles to articulate what he's trying to say, and then begins to go on a long-winded ridiculous rant that doesn't make sense.

I can't say I respect C, cause he was just playing his role. And what he did, didn't exactly take balls and that's probably why Ye just let it slide. Ye knew had he slid down to that level, it would reflected badly on Ye only.

nah, kanye put his feelings in his adidas purse and took em to sway thinking it was safe and almost got hands put on em

nah, kanye put his feelings in his adidas purse and took em to sway thinking it was safe and almost got hands put on em

From listening to it again, I still stand by what I said.

But what I can't respect at all from Ye is that he wants the big fashion companies to jump on his bandwagon and support his moves. But realistically, he has enough money to start a fashion house himself. He shouldn't be waiting for the support of YSL, LV etc, he should just make his own moves. If he's as talented as he says, put the money and the reputation up, and start it from scratch.

I also thought about it more after YoungHollywood sent me some links of plenty of YOUNG talented fashion folk who started their own lines out of their garage (let's not forget ZARA either). It can be done, but Ye, wants to skip steps and get straight to the top of the elite in the fashion world.

"I WANNA BE IN THE FLOOD" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

"IMA JUST BE DIRTY DEN' " :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Only interview ever that i've actually put the audio of it on my iPod to listen to. Greatest interview ever.

kanye's interview on the juan ep show was pretty good, best interview you'll get outta kanye more than lilely

they slowed kanye down enough to get some real questions in

the dialogue after kanye left is pretty good too

combat jack might sneak one too, im pretty sure he's tryna link with kanye

Last edited:
Naw, it was the Sway one from a sheer entertainment stand point. The Zane one didn't get him out of Yeezus mode.

The Juan Epstein was funny, because he was going in and out of voices, and seemed shocked when they asked him real questions. He had to go back in to normal mode.

The whole Nike debate that Ebro and them had was beyond stupid. JB has been making retros since 1992. Kanye didn't cause people to buy retros. He really has a warped view of his importance.

Certain parts were interesting, like the drums, and his start

Naw, it was the Sway one from a sheer entertainment stand point. The Zane one didn't get him out of Yeezus mode.

The Juan Epstein was funny, because he was going in and out of voices, and seemed shocked when they asked him real questions. He had to go back in to normal mode.

The whole Nike debate that Ebro and them had was beyond stupid. JB has been making retros since 1992. Kanye didn't cause people to buy retros. He really has a warped view of his importance.

Certain parts were interesting, like the drums, and his start

yeah ebro sounded dumb talking about that.

I did like the question and response about kanye's production/drums. A follow up question about the topic would've been nice but ye has add

kanye gave insight on the drake ordeal and talked about his crackhead step brother

still think juan ep got it

Back
Top Bottom