Official Cavaliers @ Celtics- GAME SEVEN 3:30pm ET ABC vol. WIN OR GO HOME

Originally Posted by bjm5295

The amount of misguided-angry "OMG BOSTON SUCKS SO MUCH
mad.gif
" and "Detroit is gonna kill these losers" type posts in here are amazing.

If/When Detroit wins the series, theres gonna be 300 people that come on and say "Oh, I so called that! Detroit 08 Champs! Big 3 are frauds!" Because, as you know, its incredibly difficult to say that the team playing the team you hate is going to win.

softening the blow huh
roll.gif
?

Just wanted to add my .02

• Pierce =
    pimp.gif
  • KG, Jesus, and the rest of the Celts =
    nerd.gif
    sick.gif
  • Lebron and Delonte =
    pimp.gif
  • The rest of the Cavaliers =
    nerd.gif
    sick.gif
  • How about we just give props to Boston for making the least amount of mistakes and executing in the 4th...that's what this game came down to.
  • I guess you can blame Lebron because he did make a few mistakes/poor shot selections down the stretch....and when he makes those same shots he gets all the praise for leading his team to victory.
  • Also, it was his play that really kept the Boston crowd from erupting and having this game end up in a blowout...

Originally Posted by FYALADY

Lebron is not even on Kobe's level right now, he still has a lot to learn, and a lot of jumpshots to practice (AND free throws).
LOL.

Lebron still has lots to learn, that's because his potential is still high through the sky.

And that doesn't mean he is not even on Kobe's level.

Sure, Kobe can shoot better and hit ft's more often.

But there are a lot of aspects that Lebron is better at.

O Rly? Not to turn this into a Kobe/LeBron post, but let's break it down:

OFFNESE:

Driving/Finishing at the rim: EVEN

Midrange: Kobe

3PT: Kobe

Free Throws: Kobe

Passing: Bron (only slightly)

Overall Playmaking Ability: EVEN

DEFENSE:

Rebounding: Bron (slightly)

Steals: EVEN

Blocking: Bron

On-ball defense: Kobe

INTANGIBLES:

Killer Instinct: Kobe (by a mile)

Leader/Teammate: Bron (until this year)
I'm pretty sure people who know basketball would agree with me on most of those points. So really the only facets of LeBron's game that he isunquestionally is being a better teammate, but I don't even think you can say that now with what Kobe has done this year. Like I said before, Kobe is juston some out of this universe type %%+ right now with his play.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You do realize it took Jordan like 5-6 years to win his 1st title?

That still has nothing to do with his arguement.

MJ showed up every single night and BROUGHT IT, you never see him shoot a pathetic percentage like Lebron did the first 6 games of the series because that's how good he was.

Lebron is not even on Kobe's level right now, he still has a lot to learn, and a lot of jumpshots to practice (AND free throws).
um actually espn has some data. for series, michael jordan shot 38% for a series, which is 5th worst for a scoring champion. lebron shot 36%. the funny thing is, allen iverson owns the other 3 records, with the worst at 34%
roll.gif

it's easy to say lebron's not on kobe's level b/c his team is not as good as kobe's. you have to remember kobe didn't even attempt a shot in game 5 in the 4th and the lakers' offense still looked highly efficient.

bron still has weaknesses in his game. but he's played more defense in this series than kobe did the entire year dawg.
[h2]Playoffs[/h2]Glossary / Convert to CSV / Convert to PRE / Click column headers to sort
[table][tr][th=""]
[/th] [th=""]Totals[/th] [th=""]Shooting[/th] [th=""]Per Game[/th] [/tr][tr][th=""]Season[/th] [th=""]Age[/th] [th=""]Tm[/th] [th=""]Lg[/th] [th=""]G[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]FG[/th] [th=""]FGA[/th] [th=""]3P[/th] [th=""]3PA[/th] [th=""]FT[/th] [th=""]FTA[/th] [th=""]ORB[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [th=""]STL[/th] [th=""]BLK[/th] [th=""]TOV[/th] [th=""]PF[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]FG%[/th] [th=""]3P%[/th] [th=""]FT%[/th] [th=""]MP[/th] [th=""]PTS[/th] [th=""]TRB[/th] [th=""]AST[/th] [/tr][tr][td]1984-85[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]171[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]78[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]15[/td] [td]117[/td] [td].436[/td] [td].125[/td] [td].828[/td] [td]42.8[/td] [td]29.3[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [td]8.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1985-86[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]135[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]95[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]131[/td] [td].505[/td] [td]1.000[/td] [td].872[/td] [td]45.0[/td] [td]43.7[/td] [td]6.3[/td] [td]5.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1986-87[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]128[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]84[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]107[/td] [td].417[/td] [td].400[/td] [td].897[/td] [td]42.7[/td] [td]35.7[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1987-88[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]427[/td] [td]138[/td] [td]260[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]99[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]71[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]363[/td] [td].531[/td] [td].333[/td] [td].869[/td] [td]42.7[/td] [td]36.3[/td] [td]7.1[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1988-89[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]718[/td] [td]199[/td] [td]390[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]35[/td] [td]183[/td] [td]229[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]119[/td] [td]130[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]591[/td] [td].510[/td] [td].286[/td] [td].799[/td] [td]42.2[/td] [td]34.8[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]7.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1989-90[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]674[/td] [td]219[/td] [td]426[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]133[/td] [td]159[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]115[/td] [td]109[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]56[/td] [td]54[/td] [td]587[/td] [td].514[/td] [td].320[/td] [td].836[/td] [td]42.1[/td] [td]36.7[/td] [td]7.2[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990-91[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]689[/td] [td]197[/td] [td]376[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]125[/td] [td]148[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]108[/td] [td]142[/td] [td]40[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]53[/td] [td]529[/td] [td].524[/td] [td].385[/td] [td].845[/td] [td]40.5[/td] [td]31.1[/td] [td]6.4[/td] [td]8.4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991-92[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]22[/td] [td]920[/td] [td]290[/td] [td]581[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]162[/td] [td]189[/td] [td]37[/td] [td]137[/td] [td]127[/td] [td]44[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]81[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]759[/td] [td].499[/td] [td].386[/td] [td].857[/td] [td]41.8[/td] [td]34.5[/td] [td]6.2[/td] [td]5.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992-93[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]783[/td] [td]251[/td] [td]528[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]72[/td] [td]136[/td] [td]169[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]128[/td] [td]114[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]666[/td] [td].475[/td] [td].389[/td] [td].805[/td] [td]41.2[/td] [td]35.1[/td] [td]6.7[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994-95[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]420[/td] [td]120[/td] [td]248[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]64[/td] [td]79[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]23[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]41[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]315[/td] [td].484[/td] [td].367[/td] [td].810[/td] [td]42.0[/td] [td]31.5[/td] [td]6.5[/td] [td]4.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995-96[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]18[/td] [td]733[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]407[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]153[/td] [td]187[/td] [td]31[/td] [td]89[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]552[/td] [td].459[/td] [td].403[/td] [td].818[/td] [td]40.7[/td] [td]30.7[/td] [td]4.9[/td] [td]4.1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996-97[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]19[/td] [td]804[/td] [td]227[/td] [td]498[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]67[/td] [td]123[/td] [td]148[/td] [td]42[/td] [td]150[/td] [td]91[/td] [td]30[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]49[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]590[/td] [td].456[/td] [td].194[/td] [td].831[/td] [td]42.3[/td] [td]31.1[/td] [td]7.9[/td] [td]4.8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]CHI[/td] [td]NBA[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]872[/td] [td]243[/td] [td]526[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]43[/td] [td]181[/td] [td]223[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]107[/td] [td]74[/td] [td]32[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]45[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]680[/td] [td].462
[/td] [/tr][/table]

ESPN said for a series son. they weren't talking about the entire playoffs.

MJ shot 38% in the '97 Conference Finals.

but he was 33 years old. you would never have seen that from Jordan in his prime.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by FYALADY

LOL.

Lebron still has lots to learn, that's because his potential is still high through the sky.

And that doesn't mean he is not even on Kobe's level.

Sure, Kobe can shoot better and hit ft's more often.

But there are a lot of aspects that Lebron is better at.

O Rly? Not to turn this into a Kobe/LeBron post, but let's break it down:

OFFNESE:

Driving/Finishing at the rim: EVEN (NOT EVEN, lebron wins here dude. please watch how lebron drives to the rim and compare it to kobe)

Midrange: Kobe (kobe wins with ease here)

3PT: Kobe

Free Throws: Kobe

Passing: Bron (only slightly) (only slightly? lebron avg 7.8 assists in the playoffs with his team shooting 40%. kobe avg 7 assists with his team shooting 50%. it's easier to get assists when you have better role players. lebron probably avg 10 dimes with this laker squad)

Overall Playmaking Ability: EVEN (LEBRON)

DEFENSE:

Rebounding: Bron (slightly) (slightly? you smoking son)

Steals: EVEN

Blocking: Bron

On-ball defense: Kobe (it's pretty close. i vividly remember lebron shutting down kobe even in that game at the staples center this yr. dude's D is on point this year. kobe hasn't played D since shaq left)

INTANGIBLES:

Killer Instinct: Kobe (by a mile) (kobe still wins here, but lebron is getting there. he led the league in 4th quarter pts this yr dude. i don't want to bring it up, but kobe's 4th quarter fg% v. the jazz in this series is like 6-25 (games 1/2 he was 2-11, games 4 he was 2-13 to be specific). game 5, he didn't attempt a shot and his teammates still dominated). kobe has a better team. easier to show your killer instinct with a better team. funny how that works

Leader/Teammate: Bron (until this year) (kobe has def. become a terrific teammate so you can't use that against him anymore. i think every knowledgeable basketball fan can't say kobe is a selfish ballhog anymore. i love his mature/growth this year. props to kobe)
I'm pretty sure people who know basketball would agree with me on most of those points. So really the only facets of LeBron's game that he is unquestionally is being a better teammate, but I don't even think you can say that now with what Kobe has done this year. Like I said before, Kobe is just on some out of this universe type %%+ right now with his play.

the only thing kobe really dominates lebron is his shooting (both mid-range, 3pt, and ft). everything else is either close or vastly in lebron's favor.and lebron's only 23. he has 10 years to catch up to kobe.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

but he was 33 years old. you would never have seen that from Jordan in his prime.

nobody in their mind is thinking lebron is > jordan or else you deserve a
sick.gif
frown.gif
alien.gif
. lebron got better but it's obvious his main weakness is his jumpshot. heneeds to work on that a lot this offseason. his defense has improved now to where you can consider him an excellent defender. but his jumpshot is
sick.gif
at times.

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

lebron is only 23, he just entering his prime years (not to say that he is better than mj because he is not) just trying to say the potential is crazy,it took mj 7 years to get the ring, lebron just needs more coaching and understanding the fundamentals of basketball and soon he could have a ring also

smh.gif
buc just look at the numbers: Bron avg. 8 rpg during the season and playoffs, Kobe avg 6 rpg during the season and 7 during the playoffs so what the hellare you talking about, Kobe is one of the top rebounding guards in the league, so i don't know what your argument is there. As far as playmaking ability,you are seriously gonna say that Kobe isn't just as good at making plays for himself and others as Bron is. Ok, so Bron dunks more with more force when hegets to the rim, Kobe gets to the rim just as easily and can finish with power as well.

laugh.gif
@ Bron avg. 10 assists with this Laker squad, he wouldn't have the same opportunities, b/c teams wouldn't have to defend him as tightly as they doKobe on the perimeter b/c he's a worse shooter by a mile. I like how you brought up Kobe's 4th quarter field goal percentage, hell it's close tobeing to what Bron shot for the entire series.

And as for the defense,
laugh.gif
no one in their right mind would say that Bron's defense is on the same planet as Kobe. Yeah Bron checked Kobe for the last 4minutes of that game in LA, while Kobe was more than willing to take on Bron for multiple stretches of the game. The coaches vote for All NBA Defensive team,so there is no media bias like some of the other awards handed out, they know who the best player in the league is. Did you even watch the Olympic qualifyingthis past summer, that's all they were talking about is Kobe's D and his willingness to want to take out the other squads best player. This Bostonseries may be the 1st time I've ever see Bron try to consistently guard the other teams best player, (he did get abused today by the way).

And as for the he has 10 years to catch up, that's some bull. I was listening to his press conference on ESPNEWS today and one of the questions he wasasked was what does he plan on improving in his game this offseason. His response was something to the affect that he really doesn't need to add new facetsto his game, just fine tune what he is right now. Really Bron, you don't think you might want to say add a damn midrange or a post game to your arsenal. Imean that's what gets me about this guy, I don't know if he has that drive to be the best like the Jordans, Birds, Magics had. I mean if you look atKobe, pretty much every offseason, he adds a new element that make's him even more lethal. Outside of improving his shot a bit, Bron is the same player hewas when he game into the league, a slasher and dunker, that hits the occasional jumper.

Lebron said he has always been a winner . Rofl win what ? This guy sounded extremely cocky in the post game interview.
smh.gif
Someone get this guy back to earthbecause he hasn't win anything yet smh.

Dude refers to himself in the 3rd person more than any athlete I've ever seen. Damn dude can you not say me or I, we know who you are.

this dude buc is constantly the reason why kobe is in every damn post... WE ALL KNOW HE HAS A GOOD SQUAD... cot damn, just add that !$%% to your sig so youdon't gotta say it in every damn post
smh.gif

props to bron for bringing it today... pistons and celtics should be good
pimp.gif

the C's have already played 14 games
sick.gif
.. hopefully ray ray decides toshow up...

NYC buc basically spoke for me, its funny how that dude would say "slightly" every time he said lebron was better then kobe in a specific skill.Lebron can clearly pass better with a worse team, hes clearly a better rebounder. He is 6'9 260 which should speak for itself and theres more i dont needto mention because NYC buc already did. He was on point.

I really feel bad for LeBron on how he has to take all this on his shoulders. But only when talking to people on NT. I think everyone else knows Lebrons teamis bad (im talking the whole nation) but here on NT people just hate, hate, and hate some more on him. I wouldnt doubt tommoro on Jim rome is burning or w.e hewill talk about when is lebron gonna get a coach or when is lebron gonna get a actual team because thats the truth. So i take back what i said i dont feel badfor him that much. I feel bad for him he has to watch the rest of the playoffs but i dont feel bad for people blaming it on him because the only people who dothat are the people here on NT.

Truth is the Celtics are a STACKED team and could easily survive in the west which is where people say Lebron would get killed in. Lebron took that STACKEDteam got to a game 7 had had a very good game to only come up short by 5. Yet people still dont want to give him his credit.

I think this off season will be the one changes are FINALLY made in LeBrons favor

this dude buc is constantly the reason why kobe is in every damn post... WE ALL KNOW HE HAS A GOOD SQUAD... cot damn, just add that !$%% to your sig so you don't gotta say it in every damn post
smh.gif

I believe he was just responding to someone else (MAMBA MVP) a kobe fan who brought up who is better what Kobe or Lebron. Soooo technically hewasnt the reason kobe was in the post

It seems like I'm late...really late...but please don't turn this into a LeBron/Kobe at 23 thread.

Congratulations to the Celtics for playing harder than the Cavs all series and taking this. A bounce here, a loose ball there, and we might be talkingotherwise but we're not, and hats off to Boston for taking out the reigning EC champs. You guys deserve it.

There's a million things Mike Brown and the Cavs could've done differently or that COULD have happened, but what it comes down to is defense andrebounding. As we saw in Game 6, the Cavs stayed in the game by playing good D because their shots weren't falling....same case tonight, but Boston startedout hot and it cost us down the stretch.

All in all, I'm really glad we at least saw an exciting game. I can't believe we had a chance to take the lead late in the 4th and it somewhat camedown to the last plays. Again, Boston congratulations and good luck. I'll be pulling for the Lakers to win it all because I'm a Kobe fan, but you guysearned this series.

Back
Top Bottom