Official Celtics vs. Sixers Playoffs Series Thread (BOS wins 4-3) On to the ECF...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

For as much as this forum has turned into NBA Officiating Talk I'm stunned nobody cares that Philly got every call imaginable 
grin.gif
. At least be consistent. And I hate the Celtics. 
Exactly. It was so one-sided, especially from Danny Crawford and the other bead-eyed ref. And somehow Iguodala had 5 fouls for what seems like eternity, yeah right. 
grin.gif

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Al3xis

For as much as this forum has turned into NBA Officiating Talk I'm stunned nobody cares that Philly got every call imaginable 
grin.gif
. At least be consistent. And I hate the Celtics. 
Exactly. It was so one-sided, especially from Danny Crawford and the other bead-eyed ref. And somehow Iguodala had 5 fouls for what seems like eternity, yeah right. 
grin.gif
are you serious? Garnett sets illegal screens like 10 times a game and is never called. Lou Williams hasnt had a foul called for him yet when he drives to the lane. etc

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Philly gets no credit at all

Boston slurpfest on TNT
finns be happy we ain't up 2-0 right now bruh
roll.gif
YOU be happy we're not 2-0, the C's played the third worst 3rd quarter in playoffs HISTORY and lost by 1. Your team is trash and Bark is right, they don't respect your sorry @!# team.

Boston slurpfest on TNT
roll.gif
YOU be happy we're not 2-0, the C's played the third worst 3rd quarter in playoffs HISTORY and lost by 1. Your team is trash and Bark is right, they don't respect your sorry @!# team.
Why wouldn't he be happy you aren't up 2-0, ya'll were the home team lol. They did their job.

Boston slurpfest on TNT
roll.gif
Your team is struggling against a team who A) Shouldn't be in the playoffs B) Couldn't beat the Bulls w/o ROSE AND NOAH....i gotta say the Roseless and Noahless Bulls were more tougher squad

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Boston slurpfest on TNT
roll.gif
Why wouldn't he be happy you aren't up 2-0, ya'll were the home team lol. They did their job.
pssh. U know good and well that wasnt a 1 point game. yall were down by 5 and hit 2 meaningless 3 pointers

Originally Posted by blakep267

Originally Posted by RavageBX

roll.gif
pssh. U know good and well that wasnt a 1 point game. yall were down by 5 and hit 2 meaningless 3 pointers

laugh.gif
 didn't catch that...now chuck....that's luck....well....off to Philly...Boston can takeover quickly, it's up to us to make sure that doesn't happen....i hope Doug can see what's working (lavoy) and what's not (hawes, jesus)

I hate the fact that Dooling is getting more minutes than Bass in the 2nd half. Hollins and Stiesma need to be out there for some boards, C's gave up way too many offensive rebounds tonight.

Pietrus is a black hole, when he is hitting shots its okay, but he still needs to learn the offense and move the ball. Doc needs to adjust to the pace of the game, no sense in going small in the 2nd half in such a low scoring, slow paced game.

Pierce needs to make more plays happen, get some mismatches and overpower these smaller guards.

There's no way Celtics continue to play this bad...I can see them winning the next 3 if they step it up though. 

Either way there's no way Philly is gonna win this series, just don't see it happening

A very very stupid decision by Rivers to call for an intentional foul late in the game when there was a 4 second differential between the shot & game clock.

Philly themselves have said that they struggle in the halfcourt, yet Doc gifts them 2 points

Goin to Game 3 with my dad and bro. Tix are filthy cheap for a playoff game, ended up paying $28 each

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

I hate the fact that Dooling is getting more minutes than Bass in the 2nd half. Hollins and Stiesma need to be out there for some boards, C's gave up way too many offensive rebounds tonight.

Pietrus is a black hole, when he is hitting shots its okay, but he still needs to learn the offense and move the ball. Doc needs to adjust to the pace of the game, no sense in going small in the 2nd half in such a low scoring, slow paced game.

Pierce needs to make more plays happen, get some mismatches and overpower these smaller guards.
you do realize the reason he isnt scoring is because Iggs has shut him down. He's older so hes not able to "make" plays happen when hes being covered by a good defender

you do realize the reason he isnt scoring is because Iggs has shut him down. He's older so hes not able to "make" plays happen when hes being covered by a good defender
laugh.gif
My goodness, go to bed. Pierce isn't scoring because he's playing on a sprained MCL and is clearly at 50% out there. He's not even running for god's sake.

Yes Pierce is hurt, Igoudala isn't shutting anybody down lol.

I don't mean for PP to run isolations, I just want him to come off screens and get mismatches. If he has guards on him (Williams,Holliday,etc) he can easily overpower them and get to the basket or atleast get a good jumper off. Thus far he has only been shooting when he finds himself wide open, but Philly has done a good job of keeping tabs on him and Ray.

Why did the Celtics foul? They would have gotten the ball back with 5-6 seconds at least and enough time to get a good look. 

Originally Posted by Savraj1

Why did the Celtics foul? They would have gotten the ball back with 5-6 seconds at least and enough time to get a good look. 
The coaches funked up.

laugh.gif
My goodness, go to bed. Pierce isn't scoring because he's playing on a sprained MCL and is clearly at 50% out there. He's not even running for god's sake.

Paul Pierce runs? That's news to me, it looks like the same jogging slow motion pace he usually goes in. Iguodala is rated by everyone around the league as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, yet you're giving him no credit. These are pretty much the same scores as the Bulls series yet nobody has still caught on that the Sixers, Bulls and Celtics are the best defensive teams in the league. It's just that "the celtics just are having off games" or insert player that's injured.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

laugh.gif

Paul Pierce runs? That's news to me, it looks like the same jogging slow motion pace he usually goes in. Iguodala is rated by everyone around the league as one of the best perimeter defenders in the league, yet you're giving him no credit. These are pretty much the same scores as the Bulls series yet nobody has still caught on that the Sixers, Bulls and Celtics are the best defensive teams in the league. It's just that "the celtics just are having off games" or insert player that's injured.

I know. Idk what Paul pierce he has been watching. he always gallops like that. The point is he isnt getting any wide open shots, because Iggy is always there on him. Garnett even had to throw a little extra on that foul because pierce couldnt get open. I dont even like Iggy but man, give the guy sme credit. If pierce was on turner on Holliday he wouldve scorched them. I bet you wouldnt be bringing up a knee injury then

Igoudala always covers Pierce, he has never shut him down like this. Pierce has been hurt since last series, its obvious.

in the 3 regular season games Pierce scored 16,17,20

Last 2 games 14,7

I know Igoudala is a solid defender, but Pierce never had a problem beating him in the past. I'm not talking about catch and shoot situations, I will give Philly credit for always tracking down Pierce n Allen and not letting them get catch n shoot opportunities. Pierce hasn't even been taking his signature elbow stepback jumper. He is doing his best to take the ball to the rim but he just isn't explosive at all right now.

Igoudala always covers Pierce, he has never shut him down like this. Pierce has been hurt since last series, its obvious.

in the 3 regular season games Pierce scored 16,17,20

Last 2 games 14,7

I know Igoudala is a solid defender, but Pierce never had a problem beating him in the past. I'm not talking about catch and shoot situations, I will give Philly credit for always tracking down Pierce n Allen and not letting them get catch n shoot opportunities. Pierce hasn't even been taking his signature elbow stepback jumper. He is doing his best to take the ball to the rim but he just isn't explosive at all right now.
Yep. Some of these Sixers fans are delusional. Pierce is clearly hobbled out there.

In my opinion, Pierce needs to sit game 3. Pietrus was hot and taken out for Pierce and we lost all momentum. Rest Pierce and play Pietrus/Daniels at the 3.

Back
Top Bottom