Official Celtics vs. Sixers Playoffs Series Thread (BOS wins 4-3) On to the ECF...

Yessir. Anybody in the Philadelphia area, I highly suggest picking up tix to game 4. 25 bucks for a playoff ticket is just too good to pass up. The shirts and towels alone cost 20 bucks so it's def worth the price of admission

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

KG is a legend
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
am i the only one that notices that flash to the C's bench everytime we hit a 3 or an And 1? and you see Quis do that flex dance though
roll.gif
......celtic nation baby

Originally Posted by jermz101

laugh.gif
am i the only one that notices that flash to the C's bench everytime we hit a 3 or an And 1? and you see Quis do that flex dance though
roll.gif
......celtic nation baby
laugh.gif
It's funny. 
laugh.gif
Sixers trying to pad their stats with 3 minutes to go, give up.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Igoudala always covers Pierce, he has never shut him down like this. Pierce has been hurt since last series, its obvious.

in the 3 regular season games Pierce scored 16,17,20

Last 2 games 14,7

I know Igoudala is a solid defender, but Pierce never had a problem beating him in the past. I'm not talking about catch and shoot situations, I will give Philly credit for always tracking down Pierce n Allen and not letting them get catch n shoot opportunities. Pierce hasn't even been taking his signature elbow stepback jumper. He is doing his best to take the ball to the rim but he just isn't explosive at all right now.
Yep. Some of these Sixers fans are delusional. Pierce is clearly hobbled out there.

In my opinion, Pierce needs to sit game 3. Pietrus was hot and taken out for Pierce and we lost all momentum. Rest Pierce and play Pietrus/Daniels at the 3.

Making excuses 
laugh.gif
  Pierce may be hurt, but what's the excuse for that 16 pt (5-13 fg, 0-3 3pt) game?  To me, that seems that Iguodala has shut him down 3 out of 5 times this year, and I wouldn't exactly consider 17 and 20 pts as really going off.

I'll be at the game tonight.  It's going to be the most rocking the arena's been for a Sixers game in a long, long time.
Yeah, that was some rocking arena. 

Originally Posted by juicyju

Thank God for Atlanta's owner! KG has been ballin lately
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Celtics have to end this series in 5 and get some much needed rest. Need to heal while Indy and Miami duke it out.

So when you guys lose Pierce's career is over, dudes knees are shot, he needs to just sit out til he's in better health...but when they win you don't hear a peep about any injuries and you Celtics fans start trashing the Sixers and proclaiming you guys are going to the Finals. I don't wanna hear a damn word about Pierce's galloping, ugly jumper lookin self being injured the rest of the series. No excuses now, you lose it's just that you got outplayed. I didn't get to see the second half of this game so I can't tell you what exactly went wrong and how the Sixers got beat the way they did so this is all the input I have for now. I wouldn't be surprised if next game the score is the same with the Sixers being on the winning side this time, but I also wouldn't be suprised if Philly gets blown out again and the Sixers youth finally rears its ugly head and ends their season.

Ya Pierce looked fine out there
laugh.gif
especially early in the game when he yammed twice . That was the hardest ive seen him throw it down in a while.

FTR ive been saying the Celts can get to the Finals since the playoffs started . They were the best team in the East towards the end of the season and we have Miamis number. With Bosh out, i think its fair to say the Celts can makethe Finals. Thats assuming miama can beat indiana
laugh.gif

Buc em, do u disagree?

This series is basically over . The Sixers cant get to the rim, plain and simple. They were chucking all night.

Phila is a great team with a bright future but this isnt their year. Its feeling More and more like Bostons year especially after last night.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

So when you guys lose Pierce's career is over, dudes knees are shot, he needs to just sit out til he's in better health...but when they win you don't hear a peep about any injuries and you Celtics fans start trashing the Sixers and proclaiming you guys are going to the Finals. I don't wanna hear a damn word about Pierce's galloping, ugly jumper lookin self being injured the rest of the series. No excuses now, you lose it's just that you got outplayed. I didn't get to see the second half of this game so I can't tell you what exactly went wrong and how the Sixers got beat the way they did so this is all the input I have for now. I wouldn't be surprised if next game the score is the same with the Sixers being on the winning side this time, but I also wouldn't be suprised if Philly gets blown out again and the Sixers youth finally rears its ugly head and ends their season.
Why do you hate Pierce so much, though? 
laugh.gif

Buc Em wrote:
laugh.gif

The rebirth of KG in the low post...I think a large part has to do with him being 100 % healthy for the first time in years.  He looks like vintage KG in the 2000 era for Minnesota.

The Celtics and especially Paul Pierce does not complain or use his injury as an excuse.  He has always said if he is out there playing, he is healthy.   I think the Celtics just tried to breeze their way past Philly in the first two games and losing Game 2 jolted them into playing for a full 48. 

I was not making excuses for us losing, I was just upset that Pierce wasn't being agressive on offense and trying to make plays. Its only when someone said it was the Sixers (Iggy's) defense that was the reason for Pierce playing poorly that I said he was injured. Guess it wasn't as bad as we thought, lol not like its the first time Pierce has made an injury seems more severe than it is..wheelchair incident?

last night's game proving my point that Pierce can have a field day when the sixers try to cover him with guards, and Iggy isn't the defensive difference maker that sixers fans think he is. Philly straight up quit at halftime last night, Collins giving them the "be happy you made it this far" talk trying to get them to save some face at home.

Bass actually made a few shots last night, and KG has been straight clowning your bigs every game.

Back
Top Bottom