OFFICIAL CHEF/COOKS THREAD... VOL I wish these pics were scratch and sniff.

Always loved to cook and I seriously contemplate dropping out of school and opening a restaurant.

Today I was making tacos and I had eggroll wrappers that I bought like last week that I still hadn't used. So I said screw it and thought up to make some Mexican Breakfast Eggrolls. I took some of the sauteed red onions and white onions that I was using for my tacos and threw them in with some Vegan Ground Beef and then scrambled it with some eggs and "Mexican Cheese". I didn't fully cook it and took it off the heat till' it cooled down. Put it in the wrappers and put them in the oven for 8 minutes (flipping them half-way through). Came out cooked perfectly and so damn good. I think next time I'm gonna make them with a spicy hollandaise sauce I'll come up with.

Always loved to cook and I seriously contemplate dropping out of school and opening a restaurant.

Today I was making tacos and I had eggroll wrappers that I bought like last week that I still hadn't used. So I said screw it and thought up to make some Mexican Breakfast Eggrolls. I took some of the sauteed red onions and white onions that I was using for my tacos and threw them in with some Vegan Ground Beef and then scrambled it with some eggs and "Mexican Cheese". I didn't fully cook it and took it off the heat till' it cooled down. Put it in the wrappers and put them in the oven for 8 minutes (flipping them half-way through). Came out cooked perfectly and so damn good. I think next time I'm gonna make them with a spicy hollandaise sauce I'll come up with.

Made a turkey. First time cooking from frozen and using a bag. Just threw the mire poix in the turkey and the rest in the bottom of the bag. Came out good.

Made a turkey. First time cooking from frozen and using a bag. Just threw the mire poix in the turkey and the rest in the bottom of the bag. Came out good.

pulled pork- 

11 pounds (2) pork shoulders

fresh garlic, minced 

3 whole onions

4 large bottles of BBQ

4 liters of Root Beer

8 hours in the slow cooker

= BANGIN'!!!!!

ueno panda pulled pork

pulled pork- 

11 pounds (2) pork shoulders

fresh garlic, minced 

3 whole onions

4 large bottles of BBQ

4 liters of Root Beer

8 hours in the slow cooker

= BANGIN'!!!!!

ueno panda pulled pork

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

from The305.com

tumblr_loyjdwCgf61qzyv3uo1_500.jpg

Good lawd, just found this on Solehiphop/Tumblr. I never heard of these but I think we’re gonna have to try these for Labor Day. You know that in Miami, er’body gotta avocado tree or two in the backyard somewhere. And my family being Dominican, avocados are like the most sacred thing on earth. So yeah, I had to post this recipe.

Avocado Fries
  • oil for frying
  • 2 Avocados
  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • 1 and 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
  • 1 Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
  • 5 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
  • 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
  • Juice from 1/2 of Lemon
  1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, lemon pepper, salt and cumin. Set it aside. Cut the avocados in half and then slice them vertically into 4 inch by 1 inch wedges. Set them aside. Heat the vegetable oil to 335 degrees Fahrenheit in a large frying pan, adding enough oil so that the oil is about 3 to four inches deep. Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture again. Place them in the hot oil and fry them for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon or tongs, and set them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a serving tray and serve them immediately with the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce.
  2. For the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce, place the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy in texture

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by dvdjamm5150

from The305.com

tumblr_loyjdwCgf61qzyv3uo1_500.jpg

Good lawd, just found this on Solehiphop/Tumblr. I never heard of these but I think we’re gonna have to try these for Labor Day. You know that in Miami, er’body gotta avocado tree or two in the backyard somewhere. And my family being Dominican, avocados are like the most sacred thing on earth. So yeah, I had to post this recipe.

Avocado Fries
  • oil for frying
  • 2 Avocados
  • 2 Eggs, beaten
  • 1 and 1/3 Cup Bread Crumbs
  • 1/2 Teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
  • 1/4 Teaspoon Cumin
Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce
  • 5 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
  • 3 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro, chopped
  • Juice from 1/2 of Lemon
  1. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, lemon pepper, salt and cumin. Set it aside. Cut the avocados in half and then slice them vertically into 4 inch by 1 inch wedges. Set them aside. Heat the vegetable oil to 335 degrees Fahrenheit in a large frying pan, adding enough oil so that the oil is about 3 to four inches deep. Dredge the avocado slices in the breadcrumb mixture, then in the egg mixture, then in the breadcrumb mixture again. Place them in the hot oil and fry them for about 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove them with a slotted spoon or tongs, and set them on a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil. Allow them to dry for 10 minutes, then transfer them to a serving tray and serve them immediately with the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce.
  2. For the Cilantro Lemon Dipping Sauce, place the mayonnaise, cilantro, and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth and creamy in texture

pimp.gif

me and my piece threw down for like 20 of our friends tonight. i brined the turkey overnight and cooked that, mashed potatoes, candied yams and gravy. she made some crazy %%* slaw with pineapple dressing and peanuts that was super good. my boy made some pretty good stuffing too. everything was
pimp.gif

me and my piece threw down for like 20 of our friends tonight. i brined the turkey overnight and cooked that, mashed potatoes, candied yams and gravy. she made some crazy %%* slaw with pineapple dressing and peanuts that was super good. my boy made some pretty good stuffing too. everything was
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

pimp.gif

sounds like a good time bruh
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

pimp.gif

sounds like a good time bruh
pimp.gif

yeah man, we always have fun.  try to get at least 5 of us together on the regular to eat.  this time my boy sent out 20 facebook invites and they all came.
laugh.gif
  we had plenty of food/drinks though.

laugh.gif
idk know why i took a pic of the carcasses and not what i cooked.  seared up some salmon today after filleting them.

yeah man, we always have fun.  try to get at least 5 of us together on the regular to eat.  this time my boy sent out 20 facebook invites and they all came.
laugh.gif
  we had plenty of food/drinks though.

laugh.gif
idk know why i took a pic of the carcasses and not what i cooked.  seared up some salmon today after filleting them.

Back
Top Bottom