Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

Originally Posted by CurtisCarter23

Originally Posted by bijald0331

Luol Deng
pimp.gif
His contract is a sunk cost so no more reason to whine about it. He has been great for us this year.

Getting a better 2 guard would be nice but honestly, I am completely content with this roster. I don't want to lose PF/C depth. Noah, Boozer, Gibson, Thomas, and Asik. Too nice.

This team is a championship contender.
was watching around the horn the other day and woody paige said whatever seed the bulls ended up with wouldnt matter, theyd get knocked out in the first round. i was like
indifferent.gif
 and almost threw my controller at the tv!
The sky's the limit for this team, tbh. We are playing sound defense without one of best defensive bigs in the NBA. Derrick Rose is the type of singular talent that every great team has. We have solid role players. A front court with great players and depth. Shooters. 

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Yo bijald....who stated that comment about D. Rose??
Bill Simmons. I sort of agree, but their character couldn't be any different. Steph was all about him while Pooh is all about the team. 
I don't think their character was ever a part of the comments or comparison.

Tired as S*** this morning at work, but it was worth staying up for last nights game. Bulls/Blake griffin did not disappoint! Rest In Peace Kyle Korver
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Originally Posted by amel223

Marbury and Rose put up similar stats to each other.  But the similarity stops there. 

Actually their game is eerily similar... just they're attitude and approach are night and day.  Steph was easily one of the best PG's in his era, people get his game confused with his off the court antics.  Was stronger, faster, and more athletic than 95% of the PG's at the time, virtually impossible to stop from getting to the basket. The Boy Was A Killer before the Vaseline incident
30t6p3b.gif

I looked at stephon marbury vids to see what's so similar about their games.  Lol, all the steph vids on youtube are the same vids but put to different music 
laugh.gif

Anyway, I didn't watch as much marbury as I did iverson when the two were in their primes but I don't know, I agree marbury was a great pg just like Rose is but I think his style/swagger was too different to rose's for them too to be called similar players. 

Marbury seemed more like a savvy, shake and bake playmaker with a tiny hint of a streetball flair to his game.  Rose seems very old school with his handle, hell everything he does.  He's very basic.  If he's gunna wow you it's because of how fast or how high he does his moves. 

I've always heard that Marbury was more of a halfcourt player while Rose can play coast to coast as well as halfcourt. 

In the youtube vids, I see Marbury pull passes out of his !@$ that I haven't seen Rose attempt yet. 

I dunno, the only thing I see that the two have in common was that floater. 

I did look at the stats when somebody on NT made a stephon/rose comparison like a month back.  I did see the stats were eerily similar.  I actually got to thinking about it for a little while. 

But now, the way I look at it: Griffin is a 20/10 player.  Boozer is a 20/10 player.  But both are obviously different players. 

What I can say is that Marbury and Rose are similar in the sense that the two aren't your typical point guards.  If that's what you mean, then I guess I'd have to agree.

Shout out to the Bulls. Ya balling.

D.Rose MVP as of right now.
glasses.gif

My son Starbury was tough. Comparison is on point, just wish Steph could have had the mentality D.Rose has right now. He on his way.

Nice to see Vinny still being a terrible coach.

D. Rose is close to Steve Francis, just not as athletic. Yeah, I said it. Look up the dunk contest that VC won, he was in there doing some sick stuff. I loved Stevie, but like Marbury that dude just didn't have the right mentality. He didn't take care of himself and when his athleticism deteriorated it was glaring because he did not take care of himself.

Derrick developing his 3 and mid range jumper these past two years convinced me that he wants to be a top player and stick around for awhile. He probably has a 3-5 year window right now where he can be an MVP level type talent. That's why I want to see the front office do what they can to win NOW.

glo1980 is beasting in S & T right now, get that post count up I guess
roll.gif

Great game last night and it was nice to go into Staples and end their home game winning streak. We are playing great ball right now, can't wait to Noah gets back.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

glo1980 is beasting in S & T right now, get that post count up I guess
roll.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
  In 1 hour??? Cotdamn. Dude's going for Wilt numbers!!! 

[table][tr][th=""]Topic Title[/th][th=""]Forum[/th][th=""]Author[/th][/tr][tr][td]Re: Coachella 2011 Official Lineup - Kings of Leon, Arcade Fire, kanYe & The Strokes headlining  (reply)
This event seems to be good every year by the way good lineup.[/td][td]Music[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:45 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Full Hip Hop-Related Grammy Nomination List  (reply)
I think nothing on you will win over empire state of mind.[/td][td]Music[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:42 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: R&B Jams of the Moment...  (reply)
Bobby is tight but gotta give it up for Luther Vandross.[/td][td]Music[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:40 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME (reply)
I agree with the flywire these shoes are incredible especially the Big Stage's.[/td][td]Sneaker Reviews[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:35 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Jordan 13 flint retro 2005  (reply)
I think the 2005 version is way more comfortabe and the leather does not crease that much than the 2011 version.[/td][td]Sneaker Reviews[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:34 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: COOL GREYS?????????  (reply)
All I know is the best Cool Grey's ever are the Retro IX's.[/td][td]Sneaker Reviews[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:30 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Best Shoes To Ball In  (reply)
Kobe V's Big Stage's Away or Home.[/td][td]Sneaker Reviews[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:29 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Jeff Fisher Out in Ten-a-key?!?!  (reply)
That's a good sign for the Titans they need a player's coach that will motivate them.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:26 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: "I'm not a big fan of Tracy McGrady -- as a person or as a player," - Amare  (reply)
We all remember the early exits he had in the playoffs right.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:24 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: "I'm not a big fan of Tracy McGrady -- as a person or as a player," - Amare  (reply)
Tracy McGrady is a selfish player he makes guarantees in life, which is not true. Nothing is guaranteed in life.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:23 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Boston Celtics @ Los Angeles Lakers: 1/30/11 12:30 p.m. (PST)  (reply)
The celtics can finally match up with LA's bigs.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:21 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: [... Troy Polamalu wins AP NFL Defensive Player of the Year...]  (reply)
He deserves it because he even plays when he is not a 100%.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:19 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Official Carmelo Anthony Trade Rumors Thread (Carmelo Expresses Concern About Getting Extension)  (reply)
Carmelo should join forces with D. Rose in Chicago.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:17 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Official 2011 San Francisco 49ers Off-Season Thread Vol. Baalke/Harbaugh Era Begins  (reply)
It's good that the 49ers got rid of Singletary.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:16 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Reed vs Polamalu  (reply)
Troy Polamalu is more clutch than Ed Reed, Troy has the rings.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:15 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Every NBA slam dunk contest dunk  (reply)
Shawn Kemp's dunk from the free throw line was amazing.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:13 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Why will Blake Griffin be better than Kenyon Martin?  (reply)
I think K Mart is a better defensive player but Blake is better on the offensive side.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:11 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: **Official Heat (34-14) vs Magic (31-18 ) ALL-STAR RESERVES ANNOUNCED TNT 8:00pm/est  (reply)
Miami will win this Division but they need Udonis Haslem back in the lineup.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:08 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: **Official Heat (34-14) vs Magic (31-18 ) ALL-STAR RESERVES ANNOUNCED TNT 8:00pm/est  (reply)
The Heat just matches well against the Magic this season. Orlando has no Peitrus to contain LeBron.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:07 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Official Super Bowl XLV Thread. Green-Bay Packers - Pittsburgh Steelers (Feb 6,6:25 pm ET on Fox)  (reply)
The pack will win by at least ten points.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:05 PM«Prev[/td][/tr][/table]

Next»

http://static.yuku.com/co...s/down-arrow-white.gif); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: 100% 50%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; ">Jump

[h2]Results[/h2]

[table][tr][th=""]Topic Title[/th][th=""]Forum[/th][th=""]Author[/th][/tr][tr][td]Re: Official Super Bowl XLV Thread. Green-Bay Packers - Pittsburgh Steelers (Feb 6,6:25 pm ET on Fox)  (reply)
Green Bay packers will win the Vince Lombardi trophy. It's a fact the trophy is named after their historic coach.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:03 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Official 2010-2011 Houston Rockets Season Thread (23-28) vs Memphis 2/5/2011  (reply)
Houston will lose hosting the Grizzlies, Memphis is playing good ball right now.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 2:00 PM[/td][/tr][tr][td]Re: Offical All Star Reserves Thread  (reply)
Is Monta Ellis in because he deserves to be an all star.[/td][td]Sports & Training[/td][td]
glo1980
02/03/11 1:58 PM[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Remi23

Deng didn't make the All Star Team 
frown.gif
doesnt take away from the good season hes having...Its ok, id rather he just rest/recharge for the second half of the season. God knows he needs to rest. 39 mpg.

and abbot writes about three snubs from the east...and he mentions booz and noah?

meh...

Andrew Bogut
One of Andrew Bogut's problems is that he's in the Eastern Conference with Dwight Howard, who is unlikely to ever miss this game, and, now, Al Horford who is proving to be quite the stud. As an extra annoyance, players like Joakim Noah (whose Bulls are 14 games ahead of the Bucks in the standings) and Brook Lopez also vie for the title of conference's third-best center. Last year when Bogut was on the All-Star bubble, he offered to switch positions. He can play center, but he swears he can also bring the ball up and zing behind-the-back passes. So, maybe that's something to consider next time.

Carlos Boozer
It was 2004 -- a half-century ago in dog years -- that Carlos Boozer offended the NBA by taking the biggest contract he could get. Sometimes it feels like he gets punished anew for that every year. He's a 20 and 10 guy (and the highest-paid player) on a 34-14 Bulls team that is shattering the assumption that the Celtics, Magic and Heat are the East's three candidates to make the Finals.

Joakim Noah
Charles Barkley's favorite NBA player is beautiful to watch, even if you're not captivated by the flowing curls. His game has infinite love -- for the game, for winning, for his teammates, for hustle, for the big moments. It's no coincidence he was part of special teams in college and again in the pros. The man plays his heart out, and any league would be wise to reward that. Meanwhile, his team has been as exciting as any in the league this season. The only real drawback to his candidacy: Thanks to injury, he has played just 24 games, and a lot of Chicago's best ball has come with Noah in funky street clothes.

Deng didn't make it, but I think we will have the last laugh. I see us in the ECF...whether boston is there to battle I don't know, but I feel we will be watching late May

Back
Top Bottom