Official Chicago Bulls Offseason Thread

I really don't understand y'all infatuation with OJ Mayo
30t6p3b.gif

Bulls Remain Interested In Mayo; Parker And Lee Are More Likely Targets
Feb 22, 2011 20:15 PM EST

Now that the Bulls have created additional cap space while picking up a first round pick by trading James Johnson to the Raptors, they are now looking to acquire a wing.

The Bulls are looking at Anthony Parker, Courtney Lee and O.J. Mayo.

The three players all would fit in Chicago's plans, but they get incrementally more difficult to acquire.

Even though trading for Mayo would be a challenge for the Bulls, sources tell Marc Stein that it remains something they have yet to abandon.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

I really don't understand y'all infatuation with OJ Mayo
30t6p3b.gif
It's a name. And a scoring 2 guard. But i'm right there with you with him being too small.

Courtney Lee would be
pimp.gif

I'd rather have Candace Parker than Anthony Parker...

And I do not want Rip Hamilton's frail *@@.. Yall seen his hairline? He got 2 years left tops.

JR, Afflalo, or Lee please. And I'd still take Mayo over Bogans.

I think Mayo having the spotlight on Booz, Noah and Rose would be a great thing. He wont have to be the man on a winning team. He has an ego that he needs to check but he is on a team with NOBODY that is THE GUY. This is Roses team with Noah the vocal leader. I think he could fall into line seeing that this is a winning team. People underrate his D. He is better than Bogans for the sheer fact that he is much more athletic plus he knows how to play it. He has a good outside shot and is the best option out there at the 2.

He won't be coming here because I think they want all 5 bigs for the playoffs and the Grizz would want Gibson. I don't see how they trade their backup 4 especially with Noah and Booz missing so much time.

Rip being bought out, is great. that means you dont get his 2 years. 1 year deal is what he would be good for. Good offense for him considering his ability to score from 20+ ft and out.

Dont like Parker. Is a downgrade from Bogans except for age.

I like Lee. Brooks, Martin and Scola dominate the ball in Houston but he was pretty decent when given more than 18mpg. Causes turnovers on top of being a solid on ball defender.

I think they make a move.

I'm a big Mayo fan and watch the Grizzlies regularly, but his defense is horrid. He tries most of the time, but he's too short and not athletic enough to overcome his physical limitations.

I don't know, haven't been watching college ball much this year.

I'm part of the Wilson Chandler camp...I think he could play the three and let Deng slide to the two or vice versa.

We got a little time left for a move!

There are a lot of stupid fans over on RealGm...

They are goo goo eyed over the Mayo scenario for reasons that are beyond my comprehension.

He's the same player he was at USC who is the same player he was in H.S. and thats not saying he's good but I think he's pretty much what he's going to be and I don't like that for us.

Plus He Couldn't Defend A FOLDING CHAIR!!
30t6p3b.gif

NT is the only place I'm seeing the Chandler stuff. I'm careful of his stats since he did play in a D'Antoni system.

I can see the Grizz hesitant to deal Mayo since they are fighting for a spot and Gay is hurt right now.

I have a feeling if that any move we see will be something that we haven't heard before. We can speculate, but in the end the Bulls seem to make moves contrary to what the popular belief is at the time.

I think the infatuation with Mayo has a lot to do with his potential. Sure he hasn't really done anything thus far in his career but we'd have to imagine that his situation in Memphis is not going to allow him to succeed, especially with his limited playing time and the Grizz favoring Henry over him. If he was put on the Bulls and played 30-35 mpg he'd take a lot of scoring pressure away from Rose and would give us another offensive weapon. We'd have one of the best starting lineups offensively with Rose-Mayo-Deng-Boozer-Noah and we would have a strong core to build around for the next 5-10 years.

But realistically I don't think he will be traded to us. I doubt the Grizzlies are going to give up their playoff hopes even with Gay injured since they'd probably end up with a high pick regardless in a very weak draft, so why not get experience for the young guys. I do however think we have a likely chance at getting Afflalo (he could be had without having to give up any players) or Lee, which I can definitely see happening.

We'd have a better chance of getting JR from Denver before Aaron... They LOVE him.

I'm hoping we can send Houston those picks and they accept them for Court instead of asking for Omer or Taj
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

I have a feeling if that any move we see will be something that we haven't heard before. We can speculate, but in the end the Bulls seem to make moves contrary to what the popular belief is at the time.

This is true.. 

Hmm.

Careful when you say weak draft. I remember when they said that there was a huge dropoff after Rose and Beasley and you had some decent players even in the second round of that draft.

Hell look at two years ago and how people laughed that guys like Dajuan Blair wouldn't scratch in the league. Sometimes a draft has a ton of names and your lucky to see one or two of those turn out.

The Bulls are built to win for awhile and I'm not sweating the Knicks. The east is serious, but we are young and realistically only 1 or 2 players away from being dominant. We have cap space that Miami doesn't have, youth that Boston doesn't and the best part is that we can win right now!

Originally Posted by AntBanks81

I don't know, haven't been watching college ball much this year.

I'm part of the Wilson Chandler camp...I think he could play the three and let Deng slide to the two or vice versa.

We got a little time left for a move!

nah Denver's not moving any of the 4 NY pieces they got i was just watching the denver game all 4 were there & said they were suiting up on Thursday & the gm was interviewed & he backed it up no moves for the new nuggets 
Seymore CAKE wrote:
We'd have a better chance of getting JR from Denver before Aaron... They LOVE him.

I'm hoping we can send Houston those picks and they accept them for Court instead of asking for Omer or Taj 
ohwell.gif

denveer beat memphis

JR 26 points 8 rebs 5 assist 2 steals 
sick.gif

AA 21 points 5 rebs 5 assist 
sick.gif

I dont think they ae gonna let either go 
frown.gif

damnn i missed so much and its only been a day. Courtney Lee or Afflalo would be the best fit for us. Im liking Afflalo mroe because of his commitment to defense and he really improved his offense this year. GET IT DONE GARPAX!

Originally Posted by ColdCity

nah Denver's not moving any of the 4 NY pieces they got i was just watching the denver game all 4 were there & said they were suiting up on Thursday & the gm was interviewed & he backed it up no moves for the new nuggets 

Well damn.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

Seymore CAKE wrote:

ohwell.gif
I dont think they ae gonna let either go 
frown.gif

His ability/talent has never been their issue... its all of the other stuff that comes with it which leads them to strongly consider parting ways with him.

Well I guess we have to wait then, i still stand on us getting it cracking in the playoffs. It looks like the Nuggets will just let JR walk, one would think they would be stockpiling picks.

Back
Top Bottom