OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

[COLOR=#red]Man I really don't know how you guys do it. When I was younger I didn't mind the monthly's, but as I get older I need the Paperbacks./COLOR]
I feel you. I mostly trade wait all the X books cuz I can't wait and I'm thinking I may have to do the same with Avengers and New. Getting a bigger chunk of story as opposed to monthly really is a different reading experience
[COLOR=#red]Just picked up Deadpool kills the marvel universe. Really getting into deadpool, wasn't the biggest fan of his when I was younger. No real particular reason, I just favored Batman, Spawn, Calvin and Hobbes and Superman. Mainly what I stuck too./COLOR]
I know this feel too. I could not bother with Deadpool's solo comic. Never cared for him and I just didn't get it. I was thinking is this suppose to be funny? or just in general mindless entertainment. Then this past decade or so I've grown to enjoy Deadpool minis like the one you mentioned and specifically Deadpool being apart of a team book like in Uncanny X-Force. I find he's used much better as the insane wild card that provides humor in an ensemble.

Be sure to check out Deadpool Killustrated. The trade should be out next month or in March cuz I think it's releasing weekly. I think.
[COLOR=#red]With that said I am REALLY looking forward Death in the Family (may I think?), Batman Detective vol. 2 (april), Batman vol. 2 city of owls (march), Before Watchmen (june), and a bunch of others. but those are the mains for me. end of randomness. [/COLOR]
Court of Owls*

I'm waiting until all of the Before Watchmen stuff is just done with. I hear it's losing a lot of steam so it should be soon.

Nice display setup for your rare/classic comics :smokin

Last edited:
Appreciate you even looking sir,
my store is getting them Next week just didnt want to wait to read when i got 5 and 6 ready :nerd:

Is deadpool kills the marvel universe a good story, or just funny with nice pics?

Have you guys looked on ebay? Usually I find lots of stuff I need on there for about 1 or two more than cover.

If my store doesn't get the reprint next week, I'll get them off ebay,

I'm debating buying the new 2012 set of marvel trading cards. I can get the entire set for 13 bucks.
Maybe I'm the only one who still collects them

2 reasons I don't wait for paperback collections:

1. I wanna read the arc during it's initial run!
2. 95% of paperbacks don't include all the dope cover art in them (luckily the Batman: HUSH Unwrapped hardcover I copped DOES. they're in their original B&W sketch form too :smokin )

who was looking for a few past issues of X-Men? I can check @ my shop tomorrow...

Last edited:
I feel you. I mostly trade wait all the X books cuz I can't wait and I'm thinking I may have to do the same with Avengers and New. Getting a bigger chunk of story as opposed to monthly really is a different reading experience

[COLOR=#red]I really like getting more or all of the story at once. Also I like keeping these on my book shelf. I still have a big chunk of monthly's and they would be better served as a paperback for me. If I wanted to go back and read them much easier and accessible in paperback form other than 100 monthly's (specifically talking about having all/most marvel civil war).

But what is really cool about monthly's, like infam0usP said, the covers are/can be pretty bada-s.
[/COLOR]

I know this feel too. I could not bother with Deadpool's solo comic. Never cared for him and I just didn't get it. I was thinking is this suppose to be funny? or just in general mindless entertainment. Then this past decade or so I've grown to enjoy Deadpool minis like the one you mentioned and specifically Deadpool being apart of a team book like in Uncanny X-Force. I find he's used much better as the insane wild card that provides humor in an ensemble.

Be sure to check out Deadpool Killustrated. The trade should be out next month or in March cuz I think it's releasing weekly. I think.

[COLOR=#red]For sure I will check that out. I plan on getting at least one classics and a few more my next go around. Good lookin out. And I think That is thee best way to put it. Deadpool as an insane wild card really gives him his most natural role and provides so many avenues and story lines. But they just can't rush it. Like I said with DP Kills the marvel universe... they rushed that thing so much. It could have been pretty great imo.[/COLOR]

Court of Owls*
[COLOR=#red]I'm talking about the new "Batman" paperback. (well hardcover)[/COLOR]

I'm waiting until all of the Before Watchmen stuff is just done with. I hear it's losing a lot of steam so it should be soon.

Nice display setup for your rare/classic comics :smokin

[COLOR=#red]Yea, I'm a huge watchmen fan and am very curious how this is. I've been avoiding all spoilers and reviews up to this point. Trying to go into it with an open mind.

Thanks bruh[/COLOR]

i forgot all about The walking dead.
Thats one i download but does anyone read and are current with it

who here has been to comic con in san diego? my bad if its already been discussed. put me up on where to stay what day to go etc. im tryin to take my youngins

who here has been to comic con in san diego? my bad if its already been discussed. put me up on where to stay what day to go etc. im tryin to take my youngins
ive always wanted to go. when is it this year? I heard it was crazy expensive at like restaurants and hotels but you get so much free stuff

ive always wanted to go. when is it this year? I heard it was crazy expensive at like restaurants and hotels but you get so much free stuff

[COLOR=#red]For my birthday my lady told me she is taking care of Comic Con for us. But I heard the same thing, prices go sky high for hotels and such. Either way I'm supposed to be going this year. We have our names on the waiting list for tickets, we'll see.

Side note i STILL haven't gotten the hang of quoting everyone. Quick crash course anyone???[/COLOR]
>: >: :smh:

if you're even CONSIDERING this... you should book hotel NOW
i reserved 2 rooms already 2 weeks ago
i have my tix ready, but i'm waiting for my friends to get theirs...
btw do they email you where/what time they start selling tix? i'm trying to get them tix but don't know how to proceed, we did the "becoming a member" thing on the official website, but no news yet on when they start selling.
as to where to stay... it depends... the closer you are the pricier it gets
i've asked around every year and it keeps changing... the hard rock across the street is 500+ :x won't even imagine the hotels connecting and across the con would be...
i'm staying at motel 6 10 blocks away i walk 5 blocks to get to the free shuttle and from there to the con (it ran throughout the entire con nonstop)

see you there 8)

It's gonna be a long night

:x been there....

Last edited:
would you know how early they would get notified to when they start selling?
cuz i REALLy don't wanna go by myself again :\ i really need a line buddy... :lol:

BBC Just announced they're making a television show for Image's Peter Panzerfaust and the number 1's shot up to 200 bucks on ebay... and last month I was sorting through image's backstock in their offices and gave away a full box full of this comic ( 250 random issues ) because I didnt think anything of it.... FUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! :x

Everyone should be caught up. I still pick up and read every month.

#107 drops Feb. 13th, 2013

http://www.imagecomics.com/comics/5414/The-Walking-Dead-107

BBC Just announced they're making a television show for Image's Peter Panzerfaust and the number 1's shot up to 200 bucks on ebay... and last month I was sorting through image's backstock in their offices and gave away a full box full of this comic ( 250 random issues ) because I didnt think anything of it.... FUUUUUUUUU!!!!!! :x

:wow: oh damb

Last edited:
I am. Still really good overall. Still dark and dim as ****, possibly getting darker. Not a happy comic for sure, I'll say that much.

Way better than the show will ever be.

Last edited:
Anyone read Invincible #100 today? I literally said "WTF" when I opened the book. It was a good issue. 

I sort of think walking dead needs to take a new direction.
sort of like the podcast we're alive (if you dont listen u must) and figure out what caused everything

couldn't decide which one to buy so i didn't buy it at all. and flipping throught he pages, Didn't like what I saw as far as pics. idk about the story though.

This Variant cost me 15 BUCKs.. I almost didnt buy it, but he said he'd give me the original for dollar so I said why not.
was 15 too much for this variant?

Edit: just saw on ebay highest price for this variant is like 8 bucks. ima go back to my comic dude and be like damn man you high balled me, hopefully he hooks me up with comic discounts.

at the same time I dont mind helping out the little guy

Last edited:

couldn't decide which one to buy so i didn't buy it at all. and flipping throught he pages, Didn't like what I saw as far as pics. idk about the story though.

This Variant cost me 15 BUCKs.. I almost didnt buy it, but he said he'd give me the original for dollar so I said why not.
was 15 too much for this variant?

Edit: just saw on ebay highest price for this variant is like 8 bucks. ima go back to my comic dude and be like damn man you high balled me, hopefully he hooks me up with comic discounts.

at the same time I dont mind helping out the little guy

I need both of these :nerd:

im having buyers remorse. i hate over paying, I'm def going to say something to him when I go back. (although I should have looked it up before buying)

if u want ne to pick you up one just pm me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom