OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

or sell it for the price on the upc label dangit

yea just PM me when if you need it, my comic shop gets business but he says im the only one interested in Scottie young variants (then why sell it to a fan for so much :smh: )

How is the young avengers story. I honestly just want the variant, like i said wasn't feeling the story.

Last edited:
You picked up the uncanny x-force. Hope you like it. One of my favorite comics out there. I recommend reading the last vol. too if you can. Only 34 or 35 issues.

Last edited:
Anyone going to comic con? I got my notice via email yesterday that registration is opening soon.

Anyone going to comic con? I got my notice via email yesterday that registration is opening soon.

damn 1st issue of the Injustice: Gods Among Us (upcoming DC Comics fighting game for Xbox 360 & PS3) miniseries sold out @ my shop before they closed Wednesday :smh:

where did all the hype for the comic come from!? I was just telling people in the shop over the past few weeks about the video game because they didn't know anything about it

nothing else I subscribe to dropped this week, so here's my only pickup for the week:

for $15, WHY NOT!? :lol:

Last edited:
wow. totally forgot about that Injustice comic was coming out this week.

hope its not sold out when i go next week. :smh:

will be preordering the collectors edition for that statue! (the game)

my latest cops....i need all new xmen 5 any one got a website that can help me? And I know I'm late but I started from issue one in avengers academy current one #17 and it is great!!!

i got plenty of all-new xmen #5 aqt my shop and im going wed for #3-4
i can buy and ship for you if u need it

Just ordered this guy. Its huge. Cant wait for it to get here.
Still undecided on whether or not to get barbarian hulk as i dont know his story. Anyone recommend it?

my best friend gave me a couple comics for my bday...im hooked. glad i came across this thread

yea I saw psylocke was in it so I gotta find it
Wait for all the trades or the upcoming hardcover (unless you want all the individual covers for each issue)

And yeah man I just try my best to abstain from the variants. Too tempting yet too costly.

All New X-Men 7 is out this wednesday :smokin
Uncanny X-Force 2 is coming out 2 weeks after that.

I need to catch up on X-Men and X-Men legacy. I was also thinking of getting Issue 24 of Wolverine and the X-Men too see Storm and Logan hook up :nerd:

Wait for all the trades or the upcoming hardcover (unless you want all the individual covers for each issue)

And yeah man I just try my best to abstain from the variants. Too tempting yet too costly.
Final Execution 2 is out. You can get all the issues to Vol 1 in Trade now. Unless you are hell bent on getting paperback instead of hardcover. That would make no sense since most hardcovers are less than paperback on amazon. I suggest amazon because you save 8 dollars on each trade, savings you wont find in comic stores. With that $64 you can support the comic store by buying new comics.

There are seven trades plus the Fear Itself tie in trade Just type in the ISBN in Amazon.
Like I said not many issues. Instead of rebooting comics Marvel simply renumbers them, changes the art style, and continues almost exactly where they left off. Keeps new fans in without losing old fans. (Which I approve of).

As for the cover art many X-Comics come with the art inside and include a couple variant covers in the end. Not sure if this is one. In fact many marvel comics come with coverart in the comic. Just got Children's Crusade since I love Magneto and Scarlet Witch and those had the cover art as well. Except the cover art in trades don't have the lettering

Anyway I am going to pick up Supergirl trade. Hope I like that story in the New 52. Also which is the darkest batman comic in the New 52? I'll pick up that and maybe JL. Havent read JL in a while, not sure if I could still like it

Last edited:
I'd say Batman by Snyder and Capullo is the "darkest" but overall I'd say the Bat titles aren't that dark to me yet.

No. I stay away from variants. Dont want to pay extra
Also variants seem to get eaten at a time earlier than I can get to the store. Almost had the "Deadpool is Not Impressed" variant but the guy in front of me took it.

Last edited:
Lack of black writers stems from our community more than anything black people don't look at comic books or video game as more than kid stuff.

Back
Top Bottom