OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

saw that in books-a-million today it was like 30 bucks though i think. i don't remember

but

which were the Uncanyy x force stories you said to get?

the Apocalypse one or final execution, saw them both in the book store too for 25

No I was just saying Final Execution pt II was the last of the trades for volume one of the Uncanny X-Force.
Apocalypse Solution is the first of the trades.

I really dont have any specific one I like em all, that story rarely gets boring.

Final execution 1 and 2 would be skipping to the end. If you have no interest in volume one I would read from Otherworld on (which is just otherworld and the two final executions).

I am thinking of picking up X-23 trades starting with Innocence Lost. I hope these are good.

Last edited:
just got my hands on Injustice #1 (finally!)....OMFG Joker is playing NO GAMES. He
(w/ some help from Harley & Scarecrow) pretty much ruins Superman's life without killing him in the first issue.
CAN'T WAIT to read the other issues AND get my hands on the game!

Just read the first 4.

Damn Joker, you scary.

Supes too.

DC Comics' FULL May 2013 Solicitations
Geoff Johns Steps Down As "Green Lantern" Writer

EDIT

Read the conclusion to Death of The Family. Meh. Not buying single issues of this anymore. If the next arc is for The Riddler like I heard although it'll take forever I'll trade wait it. If I'm not satisfied I'll drop the book for good.

Not gonna spoil it but seeing as some of the critics good or bad have harped on Snyder mainly using misdirection and the point of this story was shallowness and a joke on the Bat family and the readers I gotta say I shouldn't have bought in to the hype.

Last edited:
I've been a x book reader and after playing arkham asylum batman caught my interest. So I got issues 13-16 of batman death off the family and I'm hooked

Last edited:

Batman #17 is in the wild

I want to read this Death of the family but I dont want to find all those comics. If it becomes a trade I will grab it. Not going out of my way to cop all of those though

Got mine earlier today. Imma try to get Injustice #1 this weekend, heard nothing but good reviews about it.

That was the best prank ever! The whole arc itself was the best prank ever! Good job by Snyder and Capullo!

Got mine earlier today. Imma try to get Injustice #1 this weekend, heard nothing but good reviews about it.

That was the best prank ever! The whole arc itself was the best prank ever! Good job by Snyder and Capullo!

Spoiler explanation....?

Spoiler explanation....?

Just referring to the whole kidnapping/removing of facial skin of the family that Joker pulled off. In the end, it was not a physical assault, but more of a psychological one. As his attack seems to have brought dissonance without the family.

I want to read this Death of the family but I dont want to find all those comics. If it becomes a trade I will grab it. Not going out of my way to cop all of those though

[COLOR=#red]I was told it will be around april time. I'm hoping earlier but those are just "inside" sources. And when I say inside I mean people who knows a person who knows a cousin kinda people. I was really interested in getting the paperback as well. We'll see.[/COLOR]

Saying Batman #17 is disappointing is an understatement, it was a stupid way to end it IMO :smh:

Batman #17
Fantastic Four #4
Batman and Robin #17
Batgirl #17
Cable and X-Force #4
Uncanny X-Men #1
Secret Avengers #1
Before Watchmen: The Comedian #5

Saying Batman #17 is disappointing is an understatement, it was a stupid way to end it IMO :smh:

Batman #17
Fantastic Four #4
Batman and Robin #17
Batgirl #17
Cable and X-Force #4
Uncanny X-Men #1
Secret Avengers #1
Before Watchmen: The Comedian #5

I think it depends on what your expectations were to begin with. I'm okay with it. Actually looking forward to how Snyder goes with it moving forward.

The way I feel though is to me nothing changed. They hyped it up and even if you didn't believe in half of it this still was a let down. If you were expecting that in the long run this is a story that wouldn't really matter then yeah I can see not being disappointed.

I know ppl will say what changed was the family not trusting Bruce anymore but that really does happen all the time only difference is that once again they fell for another one of the Joker's jokes. Whole story just seemed like a lot of riffing on The Killing Joke.

I read elsewhere that ppl are summing up Snyder's run on Batman so far as stories that don't really change anything but fit in continuity without good enough payoffs.(and that he was way better pre-New52). So like I said before good Bat stories but not essential even when he might do a minor retcon or bring up an old never before seen moment to drive a plot.

Anyway,

Uncanny X-Men 1
Secret Avengers 1
Avengers Assemble 12
Scarlet Spider 14
The Walking Dead 107
TED Governor Special
B&R 17
Batman 17
F4 4
Avengers Arena 4

Last edited:
The way I feel though is to me nothing changed. They hyped it up and even if you didn't believe in half of it this still was a let down. If you were expecting that in the long run this is a story that wouldn't really matter then yeah I can see not being disappointed.

I know ppl will say what changed was the family not trusting Bruce anymore but that really does happen all the time only difference is that once again they feel for another one of the Joker's jokes. Whole story just seemed like a lot of riffing on The Killing Joke.

I read elsewhere that ppl are summing up Snyder's run on Batman so far as stories that don't really change anything but fit in continuity without good enough payoffs.(and that he was way better pre-New52). So like I said before good Bat stories but not essential even when he might do a minor retcon or bring up an old never see before seen moment.

Anyway,

Uncanny X-Men 1
Secret Avengers 1
Avengers Assemble 12
Scarlet Spider 14
The Walking Dead 107
TED Governor Special
B&R 17
Batman 17
F4 4
Avengers Arena 4

Kinda of cop-out for some. And to some extent, I kind of agree with you. I just thought the story played well into the main villain's strengths. Him being the ultimate troll in the end, kind of justifies the whole arc for me. Or I'm just looking too much into it :lol:

That's definitely there. Joker is a troll. I think a lot of ppl mad over it wanted a death, me I wouldn't have minded it.

My thing is I kinda agreed that his family makes him weak. So I wouldn't have minded if Joker crippled all of them :lol: Then from the way I see it it's like Joker's like lol jokes on you I don't believe in any of the crap I was spewing, I was just ******g with you Ha! Then he just goes back to his cell with his face reattached.

:lol: true. I just hope whatever this dissension is between them would not be a one-off thing. If they can build it into a bigger arc that would be awesome. If they would just have them back and all chummy after a few issues then they would have definitely dropped the ball on this one. Snyder could've definitely done better, still this is a great Joker story for what it was.

I have been behind on my Uncanny X-Men so I ordered Vol 1 TBP, should be here monday. Got X-23 Vol 1. Hope I like that series, X-Men Legacy: Back to school as a well since I have been behind on that series too. Should all be here on monday.

Back
Top Bottom