OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

My local comic shop is having a 20% of everything and 50% off back issues. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should look into? Probably will try and pick up Vol.3 of Waid's Daredevil and Vol.4 of American Vampire. Looking into picking up other titles as well. Was Flashpoint any good?

you need to have registered by the 12th of feburary. you need a member ID to buy a badge

they sure make it tough as hell :lol:

Last edited:
reminds me of that club disney membership. the waitlist is like thousands strong and its hella a lot of money.

Secret Avengers was great. Probably best issue I read this week.

A comic where Hawkeye gets screwed with and tortured was a bonus to the interesting premise and good use of Nick Fury Jr. with this new S.H.I.E.L.D.
Killing Damian would've been controversial. I would've been indifferent but this kinda shows the leash Snyder is on. Tomasi is writing B&R and it's really good how he's dug in to Damian as a character. He's making him more interesting than Morrison did and he created Damian :lol:

EDIT

Marvel Comics On Sale February 20, 2013
Image Comics Solicitations For May 2013

You guys better check this then. Spoiler alert though.

Earlier this week I heard Morrison wanted to kill Damian in the end of Inc but it was talked about in a way where it was just a rumor and not a spoiler. Makes more sense now DC didn't let Snyder kill Damian in Death of The Family. So I guess Tim Drake is coming back to Batman & Robin.

This is w/e though. Hopefully now we can see the return of Ra's Al Ghul.

Looking forward to seeing Ra's back as well.

I see this goddamn image all over the internet. Can anybody ID from which work this picture emanates? My buddy thought it was stylistically Darick Robertson, but that didn't pan out. Thanks.

got my uncanny x men today. almost picked up the variant but he wanted 10 bucks and im on a budget to not spend on overpriced variants

im officially done with my comic shop. I go in sat night. contemplated buying uncanny variant. he said 10 bucks. I pass. I go in today.....this fool looks on ebay and then says 40. yea ill now pass on buying anything from you now.

im officially done with my comic shop. I go in sat night. contemplated buying uncanny variant. he said 10 bucks. I pass. I go in today.....this fool looks on ebay and then says 40. yea ill now pass on buying anything from you now.
[COLOR=#red]
Sadly that is how my comic shop of the last 15 years has been going the route of. I have done a lot less going in there as of late. Went in over the weekend and I just laughed to myself. Amazon has replaced my childhood sadly though. The times they are a changin.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]
Sadly that is how my comic shop of the last 15 years has been going the route of. I have done a lot less going in there as of late. Went in over the weekend and I just laughed to myself. Amazon has replaced my childhood sadly though. The times they are a changin.[/COLOR]
I almost bought it the day I saw it but I was so hell bent on getting the scottie young I passed on the sal for when he said 10. and I was with the lady and knew I had to buy dinner and movie that night. couldnt drop 25 on comics

Are you guys buying or downloading your comics? I just downloaded all 15 issues of Deathstroke. Hopefully I'm not disappointed.

Do any of you guys read digital comics nowadays or are you guys still kicking it analog/old school?

I'm at a crossroad where I want to continue to support my local shop (which I know is the right thing to do), but this iPad mini is too damn convenient.

Thinking about buying newer digital copies, and doing crate digging for old gems :nerd:

edit - :lol: I literally just asked what Foam XI did. Didn't even notice

Last edited:
:lol:
If you just gonna stick to your iPad, you can get em for free, if you wanna... :nerd:

:lol:
If you just gonna stick to your iPad, you can get em for free, if you wanna... :nerd:

Yeah, I got the whole civil war + started the new Superior Spiderman/Avengers Arena with torrents but I like to support the artists/shops so I love stopping by my shop to pick up everything paperback as well when I get a chance weekly.

I use ComicFlow on the iPad + the unlimited web server for my "free" joints But I also buy digital copies as well

I just want to continue to support my local shop because I don't want it to go out of business like my old local arcade did a few years ago. That was a sad time. They had all of the classics and Capcoms golden era :smh:

Last edited:
im collecting the all new x-men ...I sont really know why just am.
the rest I download.

is the new walking dead issue out yet...rick and the gang are in trouble

Comic Book Famb!

I just finished reading Death of the Family!

I've never had a worse case of blue balls in my LIFE! NOTHING HAPPENED!!!

I loved the build up, just wish something actually happened :smh:

I enjoyed this lullaby though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom