OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

dropped Uncanny Avengers aloooooooong time ago. dont plan on going back anytime soon.

Iam enjoying Hawkeyes solo book tho. all 8 issues were :nthat:

tracksuit gangsters > the avengers.
my comic book shop guy told me about hawkeye
he said he was super surprised it was selling at all

I think it's pretty average, story is just about how he always gets calls from Captain America and he doesn't even have powers

Again the original release schedule had them releasing the first 5 randomly 2-3 weeks apart like All New has been doing then eventually settling to once a month. If issue 5 was supposed to be at the beginning of jan and issue 6 in late Jan /early February and they just NOW released 6 then they are two issues behind. They wouldnt be behind if they just said they'd be on a monthly schedule since the very beginning.
It's a monthly book. I don't know what you came across that ever said it wasn't a monthly book. It was always a monthly book. However, for a few of the Marvel NOW launches they double shipped the first few issues to get the initial arcs out there for the fans. They never double shipped UA. The 2-3 weeks apart thing gets changed around a lot with comics all the time. They usually remain on schedule but it's not a shock at all for that to change.

But if you don't want to take my word for it you can always ask the books editor, Tom Brevoort. He's already addressed that issue several times.

ANX is not a monthly book. It's been releasing twice a month since it's launch. Plus a writer like BMB isn't really the guy to site on things. Marvel sets up his artists ahead of time and he managed to write like a dozen scripts a month. Dude is a machine. Where as the problem with UA wasn't the writer but the artist.

Last edited:
Age of Ultron Book #1
Daredevil: End of Days #6
All New X-Men #8
Powers Bureau #1 and #2
A+X #5
Iron man #7
Superior Spider-Man #5
Cable and X-Force #5
Avengers #7
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #4

That's all this week for me

wonder if my shop got their shipment.

anyway been reading all day. I need some catch up help.....why does colossus hate his sister

is emma and scott only broken up because of the pheonix thing or have they been beefin?

pickups for 3/6

HEADS UP: my shop is having a "buy 1 get 1 free" sale on ALL Marvel trades/hardcover stuff. Not sure if he does phone orders but I will look out for anybody in here that PMs me an organized list of what they want. There are SHELVES of stuff there with 2 shipments inbound. sale is good for like 2 weeks, hmu

Never read a single comic book a day in my life. Not saying that to be offensive, I don't think there's anything wrong with them I just haven't. 
nerd.gif

Age of Ultron Book #1
Daredevil: End of Days #6
All New X-Men #8
Powers Bureau #1 and #2
A+X #5
Iron man #7
Superior Spider-Man #5
Cable and X-Force #5
Avengers #7
Before Watchmen: Rorschach #4

That's all this week for me

Age of Ultron #1 is a great intro, hoping a lot is explained in Book 2

Along with list above

Age of Apocalypse #13
Road to Oz #6 (of 6)
Legend of the Shadowclan #2
Human Bomb #4
Jinnrise #3
Sex #1
Bedlam #5
Glory #33 (Final Issue)
Great Pacific #5
Adventure Time: Fionna & Cake #3

Last edited:
Detective Comics 18
SSM 5
DD End of Days 6
A+X 5
Venom 32
Winter Soldier 16
Avengers 7
Age of Ultron 1
Red She-Hulk 63

Last edited:
All new X-Men 8. And not to start an argument, but Uncanny 3 is coming out next week. Like I have said before. According to my comic book store, Marvel is just flooding the market. There is no real pattern to their release.

Also I decided to trade wait for Cable and the X-Force, now I am not sure if that was a good decision.

Last edited:
What's the difference between uncanny and all new?

From what I've collected so far is that
All New focuses on the X-men of the past, them learning about what happens to them in the future.
Uncanny focuses on Cyclops and his team, basically everything going on from the other side of All New.

I enjoyed the dialogue Ice-Man and Kitty Pryde had when they were mocking Cap's and Beast's conversation in All New X-Men. 

Is Age of Ultron going to affect the entire Marvel Universe?

Is Age of Ultron going to affect the entire Marvel Universe?
This is my speculation to the decision that changed so it would be but basically Bendis probably realized with w/e plans coming up it would not affect the entire MU. Hence, it getting pushed back for AvX. He has stated the last issue will have a huge surprise that no one will expect. He and the rest of Marvel have stressed the story is happening in the present and isn't an alternate universe or timeline (so that only leaves the story happening on counter earth or that the whole thing will be retconned by time travel). What I think is Bendis realizing the hype dying down for this decided to make the ending have a bigger impact. I know these things are planned in advance but I can't help but think he had to make it bigger than it was originally going to be.

With all that said and to answer directly, yes, according to Bendis, the event will end up affecting the entire Marvel Universe.

On another note, best comic I've read this week was Superior Spider-Man #5. Issue by issue I want Doc Ock to stay in Pete's body or at least manage to stay on this road when he eventually gets a new body and keep a solo title.

Is age of ultron a limited series?
Also why did they make such a big deal of spiderman ending just to continue it a few weeks later? All they did was change the name of the comic slightly.

Also I will be pissed if I decide to pick up AU and it is retconned by time travel. That is a played way to end things in the Marvel universe. I don't mind if it is done well in X-Men since time travel was always a staple in that series. Also a few heroes and villains can get away with it, but as a regular thing? Miss me with that ****.

Also while we are on the subject, heroes dying doesnt mean **** either. We all know they are going to find a pitiful plot/excuse to bring them back. Again, there are a few exceptions. I can't tink of any in comics, but the way Kratos always dies in GoW is cool with me. Since it is understood he is supposed to die and come back several times

Last edited:
wasn't there a preview for onslaught part 2?????
my fav series btw
between that and the first bastion arc zero tolerance

Last edited:
Also why did they make such a big deal of spiderman ending just to continue it a few weeks later? All they did was change the name of the comic slightly.

Also I will be pissed if I decide to pick up AU and it is retconned by time travel. That is a played way to end things in the Marvel universe. I don't mind if it is done well in X-Men since time travel was always a staple in that series. Also a few heroes and villains can get away with it, but as a regular thing? Miss me with that ****.

Also while we are on the subject, heroes dying doesnt mean **** either. We all know they are going to find a pitiful plot/excuse to bring them back. Again, there are a few exceptions. I can't tink of any in comics, but the way Kratos always dies in GoW is cool with me. Since it is understood he is supposed to die and come back several times

If they was smart, they would make an in universe answer for this kinda like DC tried to do in Blackest Night.

I would suggest something but it sounds stupid... and deadpool-ish sorta

NT fam, I just traded my playbook for a Galaxy S3. I am still getting used to Android and I was curious if you guys read comics with your phone. If so, what comic book reader would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

And on another note, I haven't seen Saga being mentioned too often here. I just read the first two chapters and they were :smokin:smokin

It's an event. 10 issues with tie-ins from FF, SSM, Avengers Assemble, and a few other titles.

They made a big deal about SSM cuz it was issue 700 in the same year of his 50th anniversary and that Peter Parker was gonna "die" in this last issue of ASM. They started SSM cuz it's essentially a new status quo and if you check the dialogue Doc Ock refers to himself in a specific way. Most importantly, new #1s are good for business. So any excuse to do it they will.

When I say AU might be retconned by time travel I'd also add that it's still matter cuz that retcon would also be changing the entire MU. The main rumor is that Wolverine and the Invisible Woman I think with a few other ppl are gonna travel back in time and stop Hank Pym from creating Ultron a.k.a. Wolverine is gonna kill Ant Man. Doing that would change a lot and no it wouldn't just create an alt reality cuz they'll probably be using doomlocks (devices made by doom that actually allow you to change events in the past and still return to your timeline).

Dying isn't all that important or special. I tend to focus on the journey getting there and yes event deaths have become more than cliche. As far as bringing ppl back the only person left I think off limits is Uncle Ben and the adult Jean Grey has been dead for like 9 years now cuz writers had nothing to write for her and felt it was the only way to develop Cyclops. Another rumor out there is Wolverine is going to really die and stay dead for awhile in 2014.
wasn't there a preview for onslaught part 2?????
my fav series btw
between that and the first bastion arc zero tolerance
Don't think so. There were like mini events/limited editions like Onslaught Unleashed and one other one. The only other Onslaught reference I've seen lately was at the end of the last issue of Uncanny Avengers.

Last edited:
It's an event. 10 issues with tie-ins from FF, SSM, Avengers Assemble, and a few other titles.

They made a big deal about SSM cuz it was issue 700 in the same year of his 50th anniversary and that Peter Parker was gonna "die" in this last issue of ASM. They started SSM cuz it's essentially a new status quo and if you check the dialogue Doc Ock refers to himself in a specific way. Most importantly, new #1s are good for business. So any excuse to do it they will.

When I say AU might be retconned by time travel I'd also add that it's still matter cuz that retcon would also be changing the entire MU. The main rumor is that Wolverine and the Invisible Woman I think with a few other ppl are gonna travel back in time and stop Hank Pym from creating Ultron a.k.a. Wolverine is gonna kill Ant Man. Doing that would change a lot and no it wouldn't just create an alt reality cuz they'll probably be using doomlocks (devices made by doom that actually allow you to change events in the past and still return to your timeline).

Dying isn't all that important or special. I tend to focus on the journey getting there and yes event deaths have become more than cliche. As far as bringing ppl back the only person left I think off limits is Uncle Ben and the adult Jean Grey has been dead for like 9 years now cuz writers had nothing to write for her and felt it was the only way to develop Cyclops. Another rumor out there is Wolverine is going to really die and stay dead for awhile in 2014.
Don't think so. There were like mini events/limited editions like Onslaught Unleashed and one other one. The only other Onslaught reference I've seen lately was at the end of the last issue of Uncanny Avengers.
I know issue 1 is good for business. Why not just end the series then make ASM Vol 2 Issue 1 like they did for every other comic? After all they continued the story anyway. Instead they did the cliche crap of a hero dying. One that everyone and their moms knew wouldnt stay dead. Its really a stupid overused concept. **** like that makes it so people can't take comic books seriously as an art form/form of entertainment.

I assure you Wolverine won't die (at least not in Earth-616). He and Deadpool are Marvel's most popular characters. They can regenerate from a single droplet of blood for that reason only.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom