OFFICIAL COMIC BOOK THREAD

When is Thanos coming out?
Cant believe I haven't read AoA yet. I am guessing it's Earth 295?
I have also been trade waiting on Thor. It takes trades so long to come out tho....

Last edited:
Thanos Rising #1 comes out next month. Dunno if the date is out, check marvel.com

Yes, AoA is Earth-295. Comic takes place right after events in Remender's Uncanny X-Force.

Most trades are like 6 issues worth of comics. Thor's issue 6 isn't even out yet so it'll probably take 7+ months for it to come out. Marvel is usually more timely with trades than DC I will say.

Last edited:
I'll grab as many AoA comics as i can and find trades for the earlier issues.

Yah i understand but even after issue 6 comes out it will still be 4 or 5 months before the trade comes out. Surely they can do better than that.

I usually check marvel wikia. I'll keep up.

Oh I forgot to say they've already announced AoA's cancellation back in like the last solicitations for May. It's ending with the crossover X-Termination event (which also involves Astonishing X-Men and Xtreme X-Men(that's getting cancelled too)). Doubt AoA gets a hardcover but you can just collect the trades. If you want to wait. I'm not sure how available back issues will be now.

Last edited:
Damn that sucks. Bet that comic book would have better sales (assuming sales is the issue) if the marketing was right. I just forgot that comic even existed. AoA alternate universe is one I take interest in since the cartoons. Ohh well

Tdogg, your current avy is sick. Made me take a second look

Last edited:
Damn that sucks. Bet that comic book would have better sales (assuming sales is the issue) if the marketing was right. I just forgot that comic even existed. AoA alternate universe is one I take interest in since the cartoons. Ohh well
Yeah it was sales and I can agree it was probably cuz lack of marketing but what I've noticed is that among the many types of books that usually don't make it are the ones that are not based in the main MU (not counting ultimate cuz that was launched with it's own intitative). Plenty alt universe books get canceled cuz allegedly readers think it won't matter. Instead of focusing on that it's a good story. Similar reason why Xtreme is canceled cuz all they do is hop from universe to universe. Specifically about AoA though, I think X fans didn't like the idea of who were the heroes on the team in the book.

Marvel has their team that predicts that pattern of sales and AoA just kept losing in sales.

Man. I am rewatching the X-Men animated series from the 90s. IDK how that was such a loved show as messed up as the storyline is. Put Xavier in a wheelchair and give Deadpool overactive skin cancer, then the movie storyline is closer to the comics. :lol:

Last edited:
lol thanks sunshine.

ill still watch the 90s show over any other marvek cartoon that's been out....well the ultimate spidey one was pretty good.

anyone remember the mtv spiderman one

Zero Year

http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268764/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=UuQPua1t

Batman's transformative years are getting a few new twists.

DC Entertainment is going back into Bruce Wayne's past to see how he began his transformation from wealthy socialite to the scourge of Gotham's criminal underworld.

Key elements of the character's history are staying the same - the murder of Wayne's parents, for example - says Scott Snyder, the writer of "Batman" since its relaunch debuted in 2011.

"It's not 'let's redo the origin,'" he said Monday. "It's time for a new story showing how Batman became who he is in the New 52."

Snyder said the decision grew out of the success of the first year-and-a-half of DC's New 52, a sweeping reorganization of the publisher's characters that saw many given new origins and costumes that blended those from their first appearances decades ago with contemporary changes.

Snyder said readers will see how the crime fighter found his calling and what challenges he faced when first donning the costume of the Dark Knight.

The augmented origin begins June in the pages of "Batman" in an 11-issue story called "The Zero Year" that is illustrated by Greg Capullo.

"We tried to preserve as much of Batman's history as we could and keep what we could of this history intact," Snyder said of the change. "It's 'The Zero Year,' the one that no one has told the story of before. We see how Bruce became the Batman, built the cave, faced off with his first super villain."

It's not so much an origin story as it is a view into Batman's formative years.

"We're not going to take apart 'Year One,'" Snyder said, referring to the Frank Miller-David Mazzucchelli four-issue arc that recounted how Wayne began to fight crime after years away.

Instead Snyder, an Eagle Award-winning writer whose other efforts for DC include "Swamp Thing" and "American Vampire," said the "Zero Year" story will give readers new glimpses into the Bob Kane-created character who made his first appearance in the pages of "Detective Comics" No. 27 in May 1939.

"It's time for a new story showing how Batman became who he is in the New 52," said Snyder. "It builds up the mythology."

(courtesy of AP)

Last edited:
lol thanks sunshine.

ill still watch the 90s show over any other marvek cartoon that's been out....well the ultimate spidey one was pretty good.

anyone remember the mtv spiderman one
Same. It is still a good cartoon but after all these years of reading comics I know better. Its a good way to learn the basics but if you only know the cartoon storyline you will get clowned in a discussion with an older comic reader. Thats because
1. The team is different. Because of this characters may take different roles than they are supposed to. Jubilee is just thrown in there. Colossus and Nightcrawler is pretty much taken out. Angel is not a part of the team.
2. It was for kids, so many of the darker stories have been cut out (i.e. Magik spending 7 years in hell to find out only seconds had passed on earth)
3. Some villains are not true to their character. Sinister especially. But his cause is still the same.
4. Events happen out of order (The phoenix and dark phoenix saga is supposed to happen before days of future past for one)

What the cartoon is good at is being true to most characters.

It looks to have the same problem as the live action flicks where it starts out not too deviant from the comics but then all the switched events accumulates and it deviates further and further.

Last edited:
DC Comics' FULL June 2013 Solicitations

I'm pretty sure after this month I'm dropping the Bat books. I was gonna wait to see if The Riddler was gonna get a focus next but apparently they're exploring Batman's early years for the rest of the year going in to next year with this Zero Year story. I'm not at all interested. I'll just wait. Plus this lines up good cuz Damian is dead and I don't care for a Batman & ..... title where he teams up with former sidekicks. TDK has not been that good and I tend to feel Detective Comics is being held back by Batman being the main bat book every other bat book has to follow. It just seems to lack direction. i'll also just wait for Batman, Inc. to just finish. I'll probably still stick with Batwoman though. I might start getting Batman/Superman by Pak and Lee.

:pimp:

Last edited:
DC Comics' FULL June 2013 Solicitations

I'm pretty sure after this month I'm dropping the Bat books. I was gonna wait to see if The Riddler was gonna get a focus next but apparently they're exploring Batman's early years for the rest of the year going in to next year with this Zero Year story. I'm not at all interested. I'll just wait. Plus this lines up good cuz Damian is dead and I don't care for a Batman & ..... title where he teams up with former sidekicks. TDK has not been that good and I tend to feel Detective Comics is being held back by Batman being the main bat book every other bat book has to follow. It just seems to lack direction. i'll also just wait for Batman, Inc. to just finish. I'll probably still stick with Batwoman though. I might start getting Batman/Superman by Pak and Lee.

:pimp:

I haven't followed comics in a while, last time I was into Jae Lee's work was with Yougblood: Strikefile. Anyways, that spoiler is just :smokin

Just finished reading uncanny xmen 1 and 2. I know it's just hair but I don't like magneto bald, if they wouldnt have said who he was I would have never guessed it was him.i also want to know what he has up his sleeve, is it revenge on Scott? Or does he want to draw attention to themselves

Just finished reading uncanny xmen 1 and 2. I know it's just hair but I don't like magneto bald, if they wouldnt have said who he was I would have never guessed it was him.i also want to know what he has up his sleeve, is it revenge on Scott? Or does he want to draw attention to themselves

At the end of issue 1 I thought it was a trap coordinated by the x-men. Now I dont know what to think. You can say what you want about Magneto but he would not give up a mutant that he hates to anything less than homosuperior.

At the end of issue 1 I thought it was a trap coordinated by the x-men. Now I dont know what to think. You can say what you want about Magneto but he would not give up a mutant that he hates to anything less than homosuperior.
But I think that it's Scott's fault that he lost some if his powers 

so how is mag ic the only one more powerful. and why is colossus MIA and why does he hate his sister

wasn't he bald in another storyline? AoA???
Nah
so how is mag ic the only one more powerful. and why is colossus MIA and why does he hate his sister
According to Bendis and this is from interviews, the phoenix 5 were all affected differently by being empowered by it despite 3 of them not being able to use their power properly. Magik is just more powerful for w/e reason, Colossus has his own problems, and so far Namor seemingly has had no side effects.

Colossus is not with the team cuz he wants nothing to do with them after what he's done with that group. He hates his sister for what he discovered she did to him during his time empowered by the gem of cyttorak and being the Juggernaut. This was all covered in the last volume of Uncanny X-Men. Magik basically manipulated Colussus in to being the Juggernaut among other things.

Last edited:
Are you sure it was the last volume? I'm pretty sure that was the end of volume 1. Volume 2 opens with them fighting sinister, has the tie in with UXFv1 with tabula rasa, fighting unit, hope talking to all of them about being the phoenix forces next target

I'm talking about the very last incarnation of Uncanny X-Men by Keiron Gillen. It happened after the tie-ins to AvX in the last few issues. That's the last recent volume before the Marvel NOW relaunch. It just happened. Only other place that talks a bit about it is in AvX Consequences by Keiron Gillen as well but I'm more than sure the stuff dealing with why Colossus hates his sister Magik now and why he isn't rolling with Cyke anymore is mostly dealt with in the last volume of Uncanny X-Men.

After looking it up the Magik and Colossus stuff happens in Uncanny X-Men 18 by Gillen and art by Ron Garney.

Nvm i didnt quite understand the discussion. I meant he has been Juggernaut since some time in vol 1. Magik manipulates him and the X-Men so she can get her soul back. As a result she had a bomb strapped to her chest just in case.

I thought we were talking about those events.

Back
Top Bottom