Official Cooking Steak Thread

Man this thread just made me chef up probably the best meal I've ever cooked for myself :lol:

Ny Strip steak, mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus :smokin

Info on that smoked mac and cheese?
nerd.gif
The macaroni recipe I use is a bit different. I use an alfredo based sauce. I recommend making your own alfredo sauce. However I've had success using store bought alfredo, just make sure it tastes great, dont grab any alfredo as they're not all created equal. (making your own Bechamel sauce would be more than awesome too)

1lb elbow mac
24oz of Alfredo sauce
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup shredded monterey jack
1 cup shredded cheddear
1 cup shredded parmesan (1/2 cup times 2)
1 cup of panko bread crumbs
5 slices of bacon.

1. Chop up the bacon and cook on a skillet.
2. Set aside and save some of the grease for cooking the bread crumbs.
3. Heat the sauce while mixing in all the cheeses slowly so they melt. (only 1/2 cup of the parm)
4. Once all the cheese is melted mix in the chop bacon.
5. Pour in a dish
6. Grab some panko and cook on the skillet that you cooked the bacon on.
7. Stop when the panko turns a light/medium brown.
8. Toss the panko and 1/2 cup of parmesan on top of your mac.
9. Smoke away for about 45 minutes uncovered.

Also, you can always add more cheese to your liking when mixing it in with the sauce. :D

Here are some older pics of it when I did it with the panko and parm on top...didn't have any this time around.

From the looks of this thread most of know how to cook, well at least steaks.. I do enjoy cooking for people for the most part, but damn can't anyone else cook a good steak so I can enjoy my drink...

Last edited:
Info on that smoked mac and cheese? :nerd:

The macaroni recipe I use is a bit different. I use an alfredo based sauce. I recommend making your own alfredo sauce. However I've had success using store bought alfredo, just make sure it tastes great, dont grab any alfredo as they're not all created equal. (making your own Bechamel sauce would be more than awesome too)

1lb elbow mac

24oz of Alfredo sauce

1 cup shredded mozzarella

1 cup shredded monterey jack

1 cup shredded cheddear

1 cup shredded parmesan (1/2 cup times 2)

1 cup of panko bread crumbs

5 slices of bacon.

1. Chop up the bacon and cook on a skillet.

2. Set aside and save some of the grease for cooking the bread crumbs.

3. Heat the sauce while mixing in all the cheeses slowly so they melt. (only 1/2 cup of the parm)

4. Once all the cheese is melted mix in the chop bacon.

5. Pour in a dish

6. Grab some panko and cook on the skillet that you cooked the bacon on.

7. Stop when the panko turns a light/medium brown.

8. Toss the panko and 1/2 cup of parmesan on top of your mac.

9. Smoke away for about 45 minutes uncovered.

Also, you can always add more cheese to your liking when mixing it in with the sauce. :D

Here are some older pics of it when I did it with the panko and parm on top...didn't have any this time around.

View media item 698549

View media item 698550
damn bruh i pride myself on my mac and cheese i make a rue first for mine
but urs looks good too

damn bruh i pride myself on my mac and cheese i make a rue first for mine
but urs looks good too
Thanks!  The rue sounds good too.  I like making a bechamel sauce too.  Just find the Alfredo way a tad faster to do.  This is usually a side dish.  It's normally accompanied by smoked ribs, brisket, pork etc. 

From what I've read, Patti Labelle makes one of the best mac n cheese.  Her recipe is super famous. 

late in on the fun here but the thread title alone reminded me of another thread way back titled

"Just got some steaks how much time do I put them in the microwave for it to be well done?"

I died that day
laugh.gif
roll.gif
and I don't know if it was mentioned already

The prepping and cooking process of steak is always an all day event for me. I went to my cousins house to go watch the early games, he had some steaks thawed out (birdman hands) threw them babies on the grill an voila.

Medium well me.

late in on the fun here but the thread title alone reminded me of another thread way back titled

"Just got some steaks how much time do I put them in the microwave for it to be well done?"

I died that day:lol: :rofl: and I don't know if it was mentioned already

:rofl:

Just scooped a big *** skirt. Gonna cut it up, eat over the next few days, probably get three solid stakes and one skimper ill war with some fried chicken.

I eat stake like four to five times a week lol grab a big *** cut of something, take it home, take my knife to it, get three dinners

Stake>>> everything

So you like to eat straight wood? Interesting... Stake?

so much for eating steak four to five times a week.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom