Official Cooking Steak Thread

http://ideacious.com/details2000000064.htm

I didn't leave any info about it when I made my post because I'm still not sure this thing will actually work well. Once I give it a few uses I'll feel more confident dropping the link, or will rail against them for taking so long to send out a crappy product.

I am looking forward to it, I don't usually break out my grill since it's kind of a chore to break everything out for 2.

Cool...will be looking forward to your review. We can't have outdoor grills in my apartment complex so I've been looking for something like that if it's legit...

Knowing that my Brassé Indoor Grill was coming in today I stopped by Costco to pick up some meat for tonight
View media item 782561Here's the box the grill came in, it's a pretty hefty package, most of it is cast iron
View media item 782562Pulling the sleeve off the box reveals this print of the different cuts of a cow
View media item 782563Warning! Good list of things to follow no matter what you're cooking on
View media item 782564Here's the grill assembled and ready to go
View media item 782565My steak after 90 seconds of grilling, just a minute or so before it was ready to come off
View media item 782566Here's my steak resting, it came out really well.
View media item 782567

Haven't tried cleaning it up yet, but this thing looks like a winner, my stove top heating elements never touch anything, the grill has vents that direct the heat toward the grill plate up top, so you don't get much smoke or anything.

Just from a first use I'd say go for it if you can't have a grill at your place, or you've got a small family.

http://ideacious.com/details2000000064.htm

Yea I like it too but definitely didn't think it was going to cost the same amount as an outdoor grill. I'll probably still get it though... :\

Yeah it's not cheap, I was hesitant to even post about it, especially since I was afraid I was going to have wasted my money on some terrible product that'd get used once and fall apart, but this thing actually feels like it'll last a long time.

Seriously, I wish I would have subscribed to this thread a long time ago. Im a huge fan of the cow and the meat that it produces. P4L, I always get some ridiculous cuts going and marinate/spice/rub them different ways.

View media item 714943Got these 2 bad ones in the smoker, salt/horseradish crust prime rib roast
y u do dis?!
what do you mean?

the green egg is a ceramic smoker, does a very good job but expensive and you have to kinda watch it.. but when it gets going and you got the right temp down ( with any smoker ) it cooks great... i have a traeger myself, thinking of getting the green mountain portable grill for small bbq's ( pellet smokers )

^ I think he means the crap you smothered on the outside. That's looks terrible. M

It's a steak - salt and pepper and a little oil is all it needs! /RonSwanson

what do you mean?

the green egg is a ceramic smoker, does a very good job but expensive and you have to kinda watch it.. but when it gets going and you got the right temp down ( with any smoker ) it cooks great... i have a traeger myself, thinking of getting the green mountain portable grill for small bbq's ( pellet smokers )

This isn't the same exact thing that my friend built, but I know that he took the idea from this concept and fiddled with it to make sure he can access everything from his desktop at work
http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1156059/my-bbq-controller

It's Raspeberry Pi computer that's been set up to monitor temperatures and make adjustments to the BGE, although it can be configured to use with any smoker.

Back
Top Bottom