Official Cooking Steak Thread

butter, blue cheese, parsley, and garlic. mix the butter and cheese in a bowl with a fork, chop up the garlic and parsley and add it. i let it sit out for like half an hour to get soft. this thread inspired me to apply it generously during all stages of cooking :lol:

Last edited:
A few weeks ago sample reps at Costco convinced me to buy a hunk of roquefort and use it as a topping on a nice steak. I don't normally top my steak with anything, but that was definitely worth it.

To make a good blue cheese butter spread have a bit of each (more cheese than butter) sitting in a bowl at room temperature while you cook the steak, it should be really easy to spread by the time the steak is done and it should accentuate the flavors.

salt, pepper, and this

4 minutes medium high on each side 
pimp.gif
You still stuff on top of that seasoning? Its already salty! lol

I'm pretty sure I mastered the prime rib roast. I had to remix Tyler Florence recipe.. His was waaayyy too salty..
Horseradish and salt crusted prime rib roast.. I smoked them though. Not the best pic.. Gonna do another one for Christmas
View media item 698105

Presentation ain't my strong point :lol:.. plus when we host Thanksgiving and Christmas I'm trying to do the least amount of dishes as possible...

Presentation ain't my strong point
laugh.gif
.. plus when we host Thanksgiving and Christmas I'm trying to do the least amount of dishes as possible...
True. Especially Thanksgiving and Christmas when family/friend gatherings are especially high, only time I've ever used the dishwasher was after dinner parties.  That steak looks bomb doe.

My wife used to eat over cooked meat til she meet me... Her whole family switched over to pink beef and medium/medium rare steaks... Glad my kids learned early

Last edited:
BONE IN rib roast. I smoke it for about 1 1/2 or 2 hours at 350 degrees.. Cook it bone side down.. And the average weight is about 7lbs..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom