Official Cooking Steak Thread

^ I think he means the crap you smothered on the outside. That's looks terrible. M

It's a steak - salt and pepper and a little oil is all it needs! /RonSwanson
Yes you cut it up into steaks but technically its a prime rib roast. usually people don't eat steak with horseradish, but they do with prime rib.
View media item 792792View media item 792793and this one I posted earlier. It's a simple coating to help protect it also
View media item 792796

^ I think he means the crap you smothered on the outside. That's looks terrible. M

It's a steak - salt and pepper and a little oil is all it needs! /RonSwanson
Yes you cut it up into steaks but technically its a prime rib roast. usually people don't eat steak with horseradish, but they do with prime rib.
View media item 792792

post-14893-sweet-baby-jesus-gif-Imgur-9ShA.gif

thanks yall.. while yes all you might need on a steak is salt and black pepper.. your are seasoning both sides of the steak and searing both sides... the prime rib roast seasoning is only on the outside ( except the end slices ) so if anything there is a more "beef flavor"

got a medium first time in my life and seeing the pink in the steak :x but overall tasted mad good and didnt need any sauce at all so i understand now :pimp:
this was from iberia newark
View media item 834290

^ Moving up the ranks.

I literally just finished eating my steak for dinner. Got the prime ribeye from costco. S&P each side, rubbed canola oil, threw it on a hot cast iron skillet. Came out with the perfect crust. A little on the rare side for me (prefer med-rare, should've turned down the heat a bit), but still really good. Threw some onions and mushroom after taking the steak out to cook in the fat. Had some red wine, so yall know what I did with it

Last edited:
Kinda on topic, but why do you think there is such a racial divide with how a steak is prepped? Many people of color don't want to see any pink while others don't mind it. Always wondered why that was the case

Man...I got a nice about 10oz sirloin that I pan fried up with some fried potatoes topped with three cheeses and sourcream....soon as I finish my homie calls me for a ride and I dip out, my food will now have to be microwaved, steak and all -_- slight blown, but glad the homies aight.

#teamsteak

Kinda on topic, but why do you think there is such a racial divide with how a steak is prepped? Many people of color don't want to see any pink while others don't mind it. Always wondered why that was the case

History and class mostly. The poor cuts of meat we came up on you could never dare undercook them.

Man...I got a nice about 10oz sirloin that I pan fried up with some fried potatoes topped with three cheeses and sourcream....soon as I finish my homie calls me for a ride and I dip out, my food will now have to be microwaved, steak and all -_- slight blown, but glad the homies aight.

#teamsteak

Youre a good friend :pimp:

How thick do you like your meat? I can't **** with anything less than 1 inch thick.

Thin steaks really grind my gears, throw that thick **** on my plate

It aint no fun if it aint well done.

Should've known this thread existed earlier.

Last edited:
Well done is pointless unless it's a thin low quality cut. At that point you don't have a choice. Find a spot that really does steak and try a medium, it will change your life.

Find a spot that really does steak and try a medium, it will change your life.

Brings me to my first supper at Ruth's Chris. I ordered a medium rare ribeye. My Lord. Still sizzling, thick, throbbing with the fluids still hot inside the flesh. Bit into it and it had to be the tenderest thing I ever devoured

I love well done steak well at least I thought i did until i tried medium... just cut the steak up and dont look when your eating and you straight :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom