Official Cooking Steak Thread

I like a1 sauce cuz it tastes good. I appreciate a good steak like any other person but I like sauce on mine no matter what lol

When cooking steak to know when you have the right cook w/o cutting

touch the tips of the thumb to the tips of your other fingers and press the bottom fat of your thumb and compare to your steak.

index finger: medium rare
middle finger: medium
ring finger: medium well
little finger: well done

when i first tried this i was :wow:  

picture was posted earlier.

Wagyu beef is amazing, but thanks to the cost I'll only buy it for VERY special occasions. I'm far more likely just to pick up some costco prime or even their choice for normal day to day cooking, and buy from local farmers/butchers when it comes for special, but not wagyu special events.

My girl and I both like our steaks rare, so cooking is a quick sear on each side then a nice rest before we dig in. I like to have a nice bold bottle of red when we're eating steak. Maybe a little side with roasted potatoes.

Reading this thread has me craving steak now, adding it to my shopping list for the weekend.

gz7r.jpg

Porterhouse and bone in ribeye we had with the fams a couple of weeks ago. Cut 1.5"thick straight from the butchers. Come see about me bros :pimp:

I decided to cook steak for the first time in my life tonight for dinner. I don't know how to cook so this should be interesting and I'm cooking steak because well I love steak. I am going to cook it well done because I enjoy my steak well done. Do you have any tips on how I should cook/prepare a well done steak?

Post your favorite recipes for steaks, how you like to cook your steak and what type of steak you like best.

Post pictures of the steak you cooked or ate at a restaurant. Also say what steakhouse you ate at or recommend. I am trying to hit up every steakhouse in the tri-state area

My favorite steak is rib eye but ny strip steak is second.

Mannnnnnnn

Dukie.gif

Last edited:
Best steak I ever had was pan fried/broiled/boiled? Idk, my godmother used like this water/broth combo on a pan and cooked it in there. My goodnessa was that juicy

i dont know bros i got a medium well today just to try something different and i couldnt get over the pink in the inside.... and the texture felt funny when eating the steak like as if not cooked and chewy.... i guess different strokes for different folks i rather have well done and dont care if its not the popular decision...i couldnt get my hands on a steak so ya i just went for convenience and copped me 1 from applebees... it wasnt great but it satisfied my needs :lol:
View media item 692262

great thread. when i want more of seasoning besides the basic salt and pepper i do this recipe:

I prefer sirloin so i let it marinate in some; water,salt, coffee, squeeze lemon juice, thyme and/or rosemary for about the whole day

then when ready to cook marinate with some salt and pepper then crush garlic. on the pan add butter then add the garlic. cook over abut 2-3 minutes on each side.

Recently, ive been adding a little  worchester sauce whe its still raw n the pan.

Medium rare is def. preferred.

when i was a kid i used to get well done with the A1 but now that my tatses have matured i cant go back to that salty rubber

i like my steak so rare a good vet could revive it

yall dont know what you missing out on the pink is
pimp.gif

forget the sizzlers and applebees go to a fancy chain like ruth chris and order a medium rare filet mignon

after that NWTS werd to drizzy

Or even better skip the chains and find a place in your city that sells Prime and splurge. Get a cut of prime rare or as pink as you can take it and you'll never go back.

Back
Top Bottom