Official Cooking Steak Thread

Truth. You know you prepared and grilled a high-quality steak right when you don't need sauce (A1 or otherwise). You should be able to taste and enjoy the flavor of the meat with seasoning alone.

Medium rare only for me when it comes to steak.
Absolutely.

No gimmicks, BS, etc... just a prime-quality of beef, some salt & pepper for seasoning and rare-to-medium-rare for me.   

filet_mignon.jpg

On a sidenote, who likes Kobe/Wagyu beef?  It's just way too fatty for me.  Way too rich... Felt sick after a few pieces.

jre11_1_1_1_1_1.jpg

Last edited:
Good thread. This is literally my favorite food ever and I swear I have no idea how to cook it properly.

Yea I like this thread 8)

How much does bison/buffalo cost?

And where can I purchase said animals

I bought bison some time last year at whole foods, I think it was like $15-20

But like i said earlier, back strap elk was the best meat I've ever grilled..it was so damn good and well worth the $25 for the pound

I think it was a burger thread where there was the debate if the U.S. gets authentic kobe beef. Someone posted info about some kind of import law saying we can't get real kobe shipped over here. Always wanted to try those steaks.

I bought bison some time last year at whole foods, I think it was like $15-20

But like i said earlier, back strap elk was the best meat I've ever grilled..it was so damn good and well worth the $25 for the pound

I mess wit Elk too. Dat slightly sweet taste is :smokin

But I've had some Elk that tasted :x, I read that is something wit how the carcass is handled, but I dunno. Kangaroo meat is :smokin too.

But Elk and Kangaroo taste nothing like beef. So all you brahs looking for other meat to try should try bison/buffalo(the real kind)/yak first since it got the familiar taste

-I like Kobe beef burgers but not steak.

Last edited:
maaaaaan yall bay area heads gotta go to alexanders steakhouse
**** is like steak and meat heaven
medium rare for my steaks

And remember to let the steak rest after you cook it!  Give it a few mins for the juices to go back into the center of the steak! 

I think it was a burger thread where there was the debate if the U.S. gets authentic kobe beef. Someone posted info about some kind of import law saying we can't get real kobe shipped over here. Always wanted to try those steaks.

It used to be banned for a while. They lifted the ban last year I believe.

Whenever you order Kobe, ask for the proof/certificate that it really is Kobe beef.

Went to this place called Hall's Chop House here in Charleston over the Summer and I swear this is the best steak I ever had! Tasted like butter and damn near melted in my mouth. Got it medium. Forgot the cut but I know it was a lil more than $50. That broccolini was :pimp: too!

View media item 691693

My son's mother made me this T-bone a few months back. She makes a better steak than I do...

View media item 691699

WHAT??!!

ILL b in charleston for xmas :smokin

def hittin that up

Man, you definitely won't regret it! Service is out of this world there! The owners come to each table asking how was your experience, ambiance is great, and the food is outstanding. They'll even bring out a sample of each cut for you to view. Kinda pricey but definitely worth it! 10/10

Just ate a basic thin cut sirloin this morning with a baked potato. Not worthy of posting pics, but man...

Steak.

When cooking steak to know when you have the right cook w/o cutting

touch the tips of the thumb to the tips of your other fingers and press the bottom fat of your thumb and compare to your steak.

index finger: medium rare

middle finger: medium

ring finger: medium well

little finger: well done

when i first tried this i was 
eek.gif

edit: my bad, didnt know pic was posted.  Work blocked the images. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom