Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

The more I think about it, the more I'm intrigued by the thought of Kidd on Westbrook.

It's a huge disadvantage for us going in, but wasn't Kobe?
nerd.gif

I mean, shooting 32% against us, how does that happen?
nerd.gif

It's not like we had some Westbrook stopper that went away...

Again, let me state, I expect him to have games where he goes off for 25, 30, but I'm hoping we can shut him down for quite a few of those.

The more I think about it, the more I'm intrigued by the thought of Kidd on Westbrook.

It's a huge disadvantage for us going in, but wasn't Kobe?
nerd.gif

I mean, shooting 32% against us, how does that happen?
nerd.gif

It's not like we had some Westbrook stopper that went away...

Again, let me state, I expect him to have games where he goes off for 25, 30, but I'm hoping we can shut him down for quite a few of those.

contracts matter, since we almost traded for the guy.. so for us who only need rebounding and interior defense, perk works (while also leaving money to keep guys around)

just bare in mind that you dont have ron artest and fisher to cheat off of (yes there is thabo.. but harden plays more)

and who exactly does chandler guard in this series? does he come out on ibaka (thus moving him away from the rim) or does he just stay down low with perk?

contracts matter, since we almost traded for the guy.. so for us who only need rebounding and interior defense, perk works (while also leaving money to keep guys around)

just bare in mind that you dont have ron artest and fisher to cheat off of (yes there is thabo.. but harden plays more)

and who exactly does chandler guard in this series? does he come out on ibaka (thus moving him away from the rim) or does he just stay down low with perk?

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ and how much is that 'mentaility' going to cost you guys this summer?

perkins contract (plus extension.. including this year):
$6,446,720

$7,123,626

$7,800,531

$8,477,437

$9,154,342

haywood's (again, this year first):
$6,900,000

$7,624,500

$8,349,000

$9,073,500

$9,798,000

$10,522,500
Wrong, Haywood's last year isn't guaranteed at all, ie Erick Dampier 10-11 salary which allowed us to get Tyson.

Don't speak on what you don't know about.

You want to post bad contracts post Collison's.

^ and how much is that 'mentaility' going to cost you guys this summer?

perkins contract (plus extension.. including this year):
$6,446,720

$7,123,626

$7,800,531

$8,477,437

$9,154,342

haywood's (again, this year first):
$6,900,000

$7,624,500

$8,349,000

$9,073,500

$9,798,000

$10,522,500
Wrong, Haywood's last year isn't guaranteed at all, ie Erick Dampier 10-11 salary which allowed us to get Tyson.

I'd cheat off Westbrook all damn day at the three point line and if anyone wants to drive Tyson will be waiting because Lord knows we don't have to worry about Perk.

I'd cheat off Westbrook all damn day at the three point line and if anyone wants to drive Tyson will be waiting because Lord knows we don't have to worry about Perk.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$13,250,000 [/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$3,272,997[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,929,332[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,585,668[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$2,242,003[/font]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chandler will mostly be a help defender I'd think, but primarily on Perkins. Personally? I don't think Serge has enough footwork to make moves and drive by Dirk, so Dirk will stay on him. Dirk does better against guys his size. He always thrived against Pau, KG, and Duncan. Serge is stronger than those guys ever were though, so we'll see.

I could be completely wrong though.
laugh.gif

Other than very easy dunks around the rim, aren't most of his shots little Big-Z-esque 10-15 jumpers?
nerd.gif

Chandler will mostly be a help defender I'd think, but primarily on Perkins. Personally? I don't think Serge has enough footwork to make moves and drive by Dirk, so Dirk will stay on him. Dirk does better against guys his size. He always thrived against Pau, KG, and Duncan. Serge is stronger than those guys ever were though, so we'll see.

I could be completely wrong though.
laugh.gif

Other than very easy dunks around the rim, aren't most of his shots little Big-Z-esque 10-15 jumpers?
nerd.gif

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif

yup.. but you always put chandler on the better offensive player of the 2 bigs, so i was just curious

nerd.gif

yup.. but you always put chandler on the better offensive player of the 2 bigs, so i was just curious

nerd.gif
That's kind of different though.

There is no LaMarcus Aldridge or Bynum in this series, not a knock on you guys, there just isn't.

It could go either way though, but I personally just think that's how it's going to be. Either way, there won't be a huge emphasis of trying to "contain," either Perk OR Serge, it'll be an emphasis on limiting penetration by Westbrook, KD, and Harden; that's what I'm thinking of anyways.

nerd.gif
That's kind of different though.

There is no LaMarcus Aldridge or Bynum in this series, not a knock on you guys, there just isn't.

It could go either way though, but I personally just think that's how it's going to be. Either way, there won't be a huge emphasis of trying to "contain," either Perk OR Serge, it'll be an emphasis on limiting penetration by Westbrook, KD, and Harden; that's what I'm thinking of anyways.

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Do the math Haywood and Perk cost damn near the same and say what you want the are an equivalent player and Haywood doesn't have knee issue.

Collison for 20 million over 5 years is nuts.

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Do the math Haywood and Perk cost damn near the same and say what you want the are an equivalent player and Haywood doesn't have knee issue.

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Out of proportion.

Collison is fine at that contract.

And Perk is better than Haywood. Haywood is taller and a bit longer, but Perk is better, just has injury issues recently.

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Out of proportion.

And Perk is better than Haywood. Haywood is taller and a bit longer, but Perk is better, just has injury issues recently.

^ yes real bad contract.. our terrible GM used our excess cap space to front load a guys contract and thus get him for cheap for the next 4 years, yup he should be fired 

^ yes real bad contract.. our terrible GM used our excess cap space to front load a guys contract and thus get him for cheap for the next 4 years, yup he should be fired 

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Out of proportion.

I disagree if we were talking about 2008 Perk sure but dude has been hurt for a year now. Dude says his knee is only 65% now. He's big as hell it ain't like that $@#! is going to get better as he ages.

my bad.. 1 year

and for collison:
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

Out of proportion.

I disagree if we were talking about 2008 Perk sure but dude has been hurt for a year now. Dude says his knee is only 65% now. He's big as hell it ain't like that $@#! is going to get better as he ages.

Bottom line I nor do I think any other GM would give Nick Collison 20 million over 5 years.

Edit-The only reason I'm arguing about contracts is dude posted that line "how much is that mentality going to help yall this summer" like them dude have a ton of space to work with to secure free agents.

Hell if the MLE is still around yall have a whopping 3 millionish dollars more to sign a single player.

As long as Dirk, Terry and Kidd are here we ain't gonna have cap space anyways.

Back
Top Bottom