Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by franchise3

Like I said, we'll see what happens.

I think OKC can take 1 game in Dallas. 2 games might be asking for too much.

I just hope and pray that it's game 1 that OKC wins, so I can read from JA how the long break had an effect on the Mavs
laugh.gif
You won't see it happen, if we lose that's on us. No one else. Not a long break, whatever.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Like I said, we'll see what happens.

I think OKC can take 1 game in Dallas. 2 games might be asking for too much.

I just hope and pray that it's game 1 that OKC wins, so I can read from JA how the long break had an effect on the Mavs
laugh.gif
You won't see it happen, if we lose that's on us. No one else. Not a long break, whatever.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Same Durant who scores a career low 20 PPG against us, shooting bout 40%? OH THAT KD. Dirk hasn't played particularly well against OKC either, but they lost one of their better defenders on him in Green. I can tell you right now, Serge and Collison? Eh. Perk won't do a goddamn thing against Dirk and don't expect him to see him to guard Dirk at all. Durant on Dirk wouldn't be good either.  
Durant averaged 29.3 points on 52.4 percent shooting against Dallas in the regular season.. and green one of our better defenders
eek.gif
This year, but for his career, peep the stats.
Because his career numbers are a better indication of the player Durant is today, right? Because personnel remains the same too, right?

Same Durant who scores a career low 20 PPG against us, shooting bout 40%? OH THAT KD. Dirk hasn't played particularly well against OKC either, but they lost one of their better defenders on him in Green. I can tell you right now, Serge and Collison? Eh. Perk won't do a goddamn thing against Dirk and don't expect him to see him to guard Dirk at all. Durant on Dirk wouldn't be good either.  
Durant averaged 29.3 points on 52.4 percent shooting against Dallas in the regular season.. and green one of our better defenders
eek.gif
Because his career numbers are a better indication of the player Durant is today, right? Because personnel remains the same too, right?

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

eek.gif
So he struggled his first few years against us when he didn't against anyone else. He has a three-game stretch where he's good against us, so the previous years should be forgotten?
nerd.gif

I don't know, I definitely don't hold as much wait as I do for THIS years, I'm not that stupid, but we've shown that we can shut him down to an extent, and that's all I was trying to prove.

Kobe's scores, game by game... 36, 23, 17, 17.
LMA's scores, game by game... 27, 24, 20, 18, 12, 24.
Roy's scores, game by game... 0, 2, 16, 25, 5, 9.
Bynum's scores, game by game... 8, 18, 21, 6.
Lamar's scores, game by game... 15, 6, 18, 10.

We've shown we can shut down scorers like Kobe and LaMarcus. We've shown we can shut down bigs. What we really need is to make sure that we can contain KD and/or Russ. Russ will be the big factor. I think there'll be at least a game where KD gets the jitters and has a bad game, but what we really need to do is contain Russell. If their scoring is coming from KD/Serge/Harden/Maynor, and limit Russ to 10-12 points, it's going to be hard for them to win. Mavs have shown they can win without Dirk going off, and that's huge.

If we let KD get 30 and let Russ get damn near 25 every game, it's going to be damn tough for us to win. I have no doubt in my mind that on a given night, they absolutely will score 25, or 30, but we just gotta make sure it's not on the same night. That last game against Memphis where they were having lay-up drills and flashy slam-dunks? We can't have that.

Marion has been a really great piece that hasn't gotten much pub from us. It's been all talk about Dirk, or Kidd, or JET, or Peja, or Tyson. But Marion needs some love. The guy has had some tough match-ups thus far, and he's taken them in stride. He had a couple rough games against LA, but I really think he's going to take his defensive skills and try and show the world as much as he can that he can stop KD. KD will get his, but in the crunch, when it matters, we'll see. Marion had three phenomenal games against OKC this season, as did Tyson, so I really think it's our front-court that will win us this series. In Portland and LA, it was moreso our backcourt, with Dirk. This series, I expect our bigs to play a much bigger role.

That said, OKC can go on a roll of their lives and kill us in 4, 5 games. If that's the way it's meant to be, that's the way it is, but our vets are hungry. Tyson, Kidd, Marion, Dirk, JET, Peja, these cats are all hungry. And rest for our guys like Peja, Dirk, and Kidd? They'll come out with fire like this was 2005.

eek.gif
So he struggled his first few years against us when he didn't against anyone else. He has a three-game stretch where he's good against us, so the previous years should be forgotten?
nerd.gif

I don't know, I definitely don't hold as much wait as I do for THIS years, I'm not that stupid, but we've shown that we can shut him down to an extent, and that's all I was trying to prove.

Kobe's scores, game by game... 36, 23, 17, 17.
LMA's scores, game by game... 27, 24, 20, 18, 12, 24.
Roy's scores, game by game... 0, 2, 16, 25, 5, 9.
Bynum's scores, game by game... 8, 18, 21, 6.
Lamar's scores, game by game... 15, 6, 18, 10.

We've shown we can shut down scorers like Kobe and LaMarcus. We've shown we can shut down bigs. What we really need is to make sure that we can contain KD and/or Russ. Russ will be the big factor. I think there'll be at least a game where KD gets the jitters and has a bad game, but what we really need to do is contain Russell. If their scoring is coming from KD/Serge/Harden/Maynor, and limit Russ to 10-12 points, it's going to be hard for them to win. Mavs have shown they can win without Dirk going off, and that's huge.

If we let KD get 30 and let Russ get damn near 25 every game, it's going to be damn tough for us to win. I have no doubt in my mind that on a given night, they absolutely will score 25, or 30, but we just gotta make sure it's not on the same night. That last game against Memphis where they were having lay-up drills and flashy slam-dunks? We can't have that.

Marion has been a really great piece that hasn't gotten much pub from us. It's been all talk about Dirk, or Kidd, or JET, or Peja, or Tyson. But Marion needs some love. The guy has had some tough match-ups thus far, and he's taken them in stride. He had a couple rough games against LA, but I really think he's going to take his defensive skills and try and show the world as much as he can that he can stop KD. KD will get his, but in the crunch, when it matters, we'll see. Marion had three phenomenal games against OKC this season, as did Tyson, so I really think it's our front-court that will win us this series. In Portland and LA, it was moreso our backcourt, with Dirk. This series, I expect our bigs to play a much bigger role.

That said, OKC can go on a roll of their lives and kill us in 4, 5 games. If that's the way it's meant to be, that's the way it is, but our vets are hungry. Tyson, Kidd, Marion, Dirk, JET, Peja, these cats are all hungry. And rest for our guys like Peja, Dirk, and Kidd? They'll come out with fire like this was 2005.

All I know is THIS YEAR WE swept the Thunder when Dirk played and one of those games Dirk only played like 9 minutes.

If the Thunder win this series it won't be because Durant or Westbrook go off.

All I know is THIS YEAR WE swept the Thunder when Dirk played and one of those games Dirk only played like 9 minutes.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Russy only averaged 14 PPG against us this year though.

I'll be damn surprised if we hold him anywhere near 14 PPG.

More like 20.

Plus, Harden barely made an impact in two of those games.

Interestingly, OKC has the best opposing FG%. Is that because they stay with it on the offensive boards and don't give up easy putbacks? I'm not sure but it's something to note and we'll see how each team does. Considering Dallas shoots the best FG% of any team, and OKC holds teams to the worst FG%.

Russy only averaged 14 PPG against us this year though.

I'll be damn surprised if we hold him anywhere near 14 PPG.

More like 20.

Plus, Harden barely made an impact in two of those games.

Interestingly, OKC has the best opposing FG%. Is that because they stay with it on the offensive boards and don't give up easy putbacks? I'm not sure but it's something to note and we'll see how each team does. Considering Dallas shoots the best FG% of any team, and OKC holds teams to the worst FG%.

I like Dallas in 5 because of their ability to hit shots, Shawn Marion's defensive versatility, and the depth on their bench

I like Dallas in 5 because of their ability to hit shots, Shawn Marion's defensive versatility, and the depth on their bench

All I know is Jeff Green's bum $$% played in all of those games too. 

And JA, the Mavericks may have stopped him previously. I don't understand how Durant scoring six points with teammates like Earl Watson and Wally Szczerbiak his rookie season have anything to do with this series. I used to get straight A's in high school, but I don't now in college for a variety of reasons. My straight A's in the past have nothing to do with how I'm going to do on my midterm on Thursday.

And JA, the Mavericks may have stopped him previously. I don't understand how Durant scoring six points with teammates like Earl Watson and Wally Szczerbiak his rookie season have anything to do with this series. I used to get straight A's in high school, but I don't now in college for a variety of reasons. My straight A's in the past have nothing to do with how I'm going to do on my midterm on Thursday.

I think we may employ the zone a lot more than we had in previous series as well. We relied on it a lot earlier in the season and it won us a lot of basketball games. We'll see if that can slow Russ.

I think we may employ the zone a lot more than we had in previous series as well. We relied on it a lot earlier in the season and it won us a lot of basketball games. We'll see if that can slow Russ.

Jeff Green got replaced by Perkins, someone who will not be a scoring liability in this series. This same bum-@%+ Jeff Green was far more efficient than Westbrook was against us this year.
nerd.gif
Plus it was another defender to throw at Dirk. They want to try and throw Perk on Dirk? Good luck with that.
roll.gif

I understand and get why people saying forget the past. Last year they had the same exact team that he played so well against us this year (minus Nate and Eric Maynor, but whatever). He scored only 22 points on 32% shooting. This is last year, with Jeff Green. The composition of the teams ain't that much different in my eyes.

It's another year older for a very young player, I understand that, but I'm just saying, KD can have games where he is off (like game 6 against Memphis). I don't expect this for the entire series, but if it happens, say twice? That's huge for us.

Another factor that no one has really brought up is that in a lot of these wins, we had Caron Butler. We don't now. He was huge in our two wins against them, about 17 per shooting above 50%. It'd be really nice to have him this series, but it just hasn't worked out that way. Maybe we work him into the rotation the longer this series goes, but I'm not banking on it, and it'd be foolish to do so. It's a huge factor that literally no one has mentioned.

Jeff Green got replaced by Perkins, someone who will not be a scoring liability in this series. This same bum-@%+ Jeff Green was far more efficient than Westbrook was against us this year.
nerd.gif
Plus it was another defender to throw at Dirk. They want to try and throw Perk on Dirk? Good luck with that.
roll.gif

I understand and get why people saying forget the past. Last year they had the same exact team that he played so well against us this year (minus Nate and Eric Maynor, but whatever). He scored only 22 points on 32% shooting. This is last year, with Jeff Green. The composition of the teams ain't that much different in my eyes.

It's another year older for a very young player, I understand that, but I'm just saying, KD can have games where he is off (like game 6 against Memphis). I don't expect this for the entire series, but if it happens, say twice? That's huge for us.

Another factor that no one has really brought up is that in a lot of these wins, we had Caron Butler. We don't now. He was huge in our two wins against them, about 17 per shooting above 50%. It'd be really nice to have him this series, but it just hasn't worked out that way. Maybe we work him into the rotation the longer this series goes, but I'm not banking on it, and it'd be foolish to do so. It's a huge factor that literally no one has mentioned.

Because the player they replaced him with is a scoring machine.
laugh.gif

The fact that Tyson or Dirk can totally ignore Perkins is going to make our defense better.

I mean for any team to get this far I think you have to be good but OKC just matches up horrible with us IMO.  I mean I seriously think we were a second worst case scenario for them next to the Lakers.

Back
Top Bottom