Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

^ yes real bad contract.. our terrible GM used our excess cap space to front load a guys contract and thus get him for cheap for the next 4 years, yup he should be fired 

Bottom line I nor do I think any other GM would give Nick Collison 20 million over 5 years.

Edit-The only reason I'm arguing about contracts is dude posted that line "how much is that mentality going to help yall this summer" like them dude have a ton of space to work with to secure free agents.

Hell if the MLE is still around yall have a whopping 3 millionish dollars more to sign a single player.

As long as Dirk, Terry and Kidd are here we ain't gonna have cap space anyways.

collison's salary for this year was supposed to be around 7 mill.. essentially gave him a 6 mill dollar signing bonus so we could have him for around 3 per for the next 4 years

collison's salary for this year was supposed to be around 7 mill.. essentially gave him a 6 mill dollar signing bonus so we could have him for around 3 per for the next 4 years

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

4 million a year for Collison is not bad... I don't see what the hubbub is all about.

actually under 3.. but that's nitpicking.. never thought a dallas fan would complain about contracts (not you JA)

hell i'm sure cuban would have offered that just based on his series with memphis

4 million a year for Collison is not bad... I don't see what the hubbub is all about.

actually under 3.. but that's nitpicking.. never thought a dallas fan would complain about contracts (not you JA)

hell i'm sure cuban would have offered that just based on his series with memphis

I won't ever complain about any persons contract unless we're talking Rashard Lewis, JJ, or Gilbert Arenas.
laugh.gif

Dallas is notorious for giving out bad contracts, but somehow we always flip them.
laugh.gif

We got out of Diops deal.

I feel bad for Diop, he wasn't necessarily a bad defender, he just had very poor hands.

I won't ever complain about any persons contract unless we're talking Rashard Lewis, JJ, or Gilbert Arenas.
laugh.gif

Dallas is notorious for giving out bad contracts, but somehow we always flip them.
laugh.gif

We got out of Diops deal.

I feel bad for Diop, he wasn't necessarily a bad defender, he just had very poor hands.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

^ yes real bad contract.. our terrible GM used our excess cap space to front load a guys contract and thus get him for cheap for the next 4 years, yup he should be fired 

Bottom line I nor do I think any other GM would give Nick Collison 20 million over 5 years.

Edit-The only reason I'm arguing about contracts is dude posted that line "how much is that mentality going to help yall this summer" like them dude have a ton of space to work with to secure free agents.

Hell if the MLE is still around yall have a whopping 3 millionish dollars more to sign a single player.

huh?

i said:

^ and how much is that 'mentaility' going to cost you guys this summer?

considering we would have been in your position had we kept him and we have young players to sign to extensions soon.. figured it was relevant to the coulda shoulda convo

and considering the age of our guys, i would assume you would realize that they are still on rookie deals.. which leads to a cap situation like:
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/oklahoma_city.htm

huh?

i said:

considering we would have been in your position had we kept him and we have young players to sign to extensions soon.. figured it was relevant to the coulda shoulda convo

and considering the age of our guys, i would assume you would realize that they are still on rookie deals.. which leads to a cap situation like:

huh?

i said:

See you off Hoophype.

Shamsports knows better.

huh?

i said:

See you off Hoophype.

Shamsports knows better.

Dallas will be in a funny situation this summer.

Three key guys on this roster will be up for contracts.

Tyson, Barea, and Caron Butler.

I am not entirely sure we retain all three. Two, I'd think, and I think the two would be Barea and Tyson. Maybe Caron can be had a little cheaper since he is coming off a pretty big injury, and he's talking like he wants to stay in Dallas, but with these guys we never really know the whole truth.

I'd also love to bring back Peja, since I think he'd be cheap.

DeShawn we let go unless he can be had for very cheap, not 4 million bucks.

I am not entirely sure we retain all three. Two, I'd think, and I think the two would be Barea and Tyson. Maybe Caron can be had a little cheaper since he is coming off a pretty big injury, and he's talking like he wants to stay in Dallas, but with these guys we never really know the whole truth.

I tell Caron and Deshawn to kick rocks. Bring back Tyson at any cost and JJ Barea has made himself a lot of money this offseason.

I'd give Caron's money to Tayshaun if the MLE is still available. I like Grant Hill a lot too.

I tell Caron and Deshawn to kick rocks. Bring back Tyson at any cost and JJ Barea has made himself a lot of money this offseason.

I'd give Caron's money to Tayshaun if the MLE is still available. I like Grant Hill a lot too.

I'm not comfortable that our scoring source for an entire season is Dirk->JET->Marion->Tyson->Barea.

We need him as a scorer, it's just whether we can afford it or not.

Caron deserves some respect. He's played great in the limited time we've seen him.

Having a two-way player like him is key, IMO. He's 31 right now. 31 is the new 27.
laugh.gif

I'm not comfortable that our scoring source for an entire season is Dirk->JET->Marion->Tyson->Barea.

We need him as a scorer, it's just whether we can afford it or not.

Caron deserves some respect. He's played great in the limited time we've seen him.

Having a two-way player like him is key, IMO. He's 31 right now. 31 is the new 27.
laugh.gif

Also, we need a two that can create his own shot starting.

If we pay Caron about 7 million, I'm more than content with that.

Give Tyson around 10 million (I know, it sounds ridiculous and a lot, but that's how much we pay for Centers).
Give Caron 7 million.
Give Barea anywhere from 3-5 million.

That's all a pipe dream. Sadly, only one that's probably realistic is the first.
laugh.gif

Also, we need a two that can create his own shot starting.

If we pay Caron about 7 million, I'm more than content with that.

Give Tyson around 10 million (I know, it sounds ridiculous and a lot, but that's how much we pay for Centers).
Give Caron 7 million.
Give Barea anywhere from 3-5 million.

That's all a pipe dream. Sadly, only one that's probably realistic is the first.
laugh.gif

See you off Hoophype.

Shamsports knows better.

which free agent do you see us missing out on?

and a 300% markup on cook and 150% on narz? really, that's knowing better? do you see presti/OKC doing either of those things?

Not at all but that yall salary will still be at 49 million. Then in 2012/13 Westbrook's number will be at least 12 million bucks which will put yall at 50ish million. Then the following year Harden and Ibaka have to get paid which should put yall over the cap.

So the point I'm trying to make is this is yall's team unless yall plan on trading Harden or Westbrook yall really ain't that flexible.

See you off Hoophype.

Shamsports knows better.

which free agent do you see us missing out on?

and a 300% markup on cook and 150% on narz? really, that's knowing better? do you see presti/OKC doing either of those things?

Not at all but that yall salary will still be at 49 million. Then in 2012/13 Westbrook's number will be at least 12 million bucks which will put yall at 50ish million. Then the following year Harden and Ibaka have to get paid which should put yall over the cap.

So the point I'm trying to make is this is yall's team unless yall plan on trading Harden or Westbrook yall really ain't that flexible.

Back
Top Bottom