Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by franchise3

JKidd is in for a rude awakening, after facing Andre Miller and a Derek Fisher.
Guess you missed Kidd on Kobe for alot of that series...He was arguably Dallas' best defender against Kobe. I also dont think Kidd will be on Westbrook that much this series.
Exactly, and I think that's the point your missing Franchise.

I'm not saying we're favorites, or that we should win, like I always say, I just want our team to play hard.

We'll see, but I expect our bigs to have a big impact on the series.

Originally Posted by franchise3

JKidd is in for a rude awakening, after facing Andre Miller and a Derek Fisher.
Guess you missed Kidd on Kobe for alot of that series...He was arguably Dallas' best defender against Kobe. I also dont think Kidd will be on Westbrook that much this series.
Exactly, and I think that's the point your missing Franchise.

I'm not saying we're favorites, or that we should win, like I always say, I just want our team to play hard.

We'll see, but I expect our bigs to have a big impact on the series.

Westbrook and Durant will go off, that's expected. It will come down to whether or not James Harden can make Barea and Terry pay off the bench. As good as Barea and Terry have looked in the playoffs so far, they were liabilities off the bench during the season a lot as well due to the lack of size. Harden is the type of guard that I think can give them fits. Rudy Fernandez was terrible in the Portland series and Steve Blake/Shannon Brown were also outplayed for most of the Lakers series. Also, Carlisle needs to play Mahinmi to match up against Collison off the bench for a few minutes while Dirk rests. Being able to keep OKC off the glass is the Mavs biggest concern

Westbrook and Durant will go off, that's expected. It will come down to whether or not James Harden can make Barea and Terry pay off the bench. As good as Barea and Terry have looked in the playoffs so far, they were liabilities off the bench during the season a lot as well due to the lack of size. Harden is the type of guard that I think can give them fits. Rudy Fernandez was terrible in the Portland series and Steve Blake/Shannon Brown were also outplayed for most of the Lakers series. Also, Carlisle needs to play Mahinmi to match up against Collison off the bench for a few minutes while Dirk rests. Being able to keep OKC off the glass is the Mavs biggest concern

Real pumped for this series
pimp.gif

Be nice to see OKC win, but got mad respect for Cuban/Dirk.

Will be happy with whoever wins.

Real pumped for this series
pimp.gif

Be nice to see OKC win, but got mad respect for Cuban/Dirk.

Will be happy with whoever wins.

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

of course I am a mavs fan but KD will be a problem..
Durant will get his, but his scoring average per game is lower against Dallas than any other team. The Mavs have been able to do a good job of not letting him go off. Westbrook scares me more than Durant. I think Chandler and Haywood have a field day in this series. The Thunder have NOBODY to guard Dirk, it will be another big series from him. Mavs in 6.
Durant averaged 29 on +50%FG against you guys this season. Grantd the Mavs won every game, but also none where with our full post trade lineup and Dirk was injured in one. I also bet his Spurs average is lower than the Mavs.

Yall should have heard the crowd chanting "We Want Dal- las!" while Haddadi, Nate Rob, Ivey, Powe, and Ishmail Smith mopped the final few minutes of this up.

Also, Doris Burke is underrated. I know somebody's going to google and post a pic and make me look silly, but today she was gorgeous. She even had a little booty when she walked by, plus I like her basketball acumen but people are always *****ing when she calls a game.

Fans pretty much stood up the entire game.

That's why/when homecourt matters. Refs sucked as always, generally both ways, but I'd say we got more of the 50-50 calls than them, especially from Ed Malloy.

There was a few "M-V-{" chants for Nick Collison, and I can't say I disagreed tonight. I don't know what his was, but I read a tweet after game 6 that the Thunder are blowing the Grizzlies out over the course of his minutes, and getting blown out over the course of Perk's.

James Harden, we outscored them 70/49 when he was in the game.

Pics and videos forthcoming

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

of course I am a mavs fan but KD will be a problem..
Durant will get his, but his scoring average per game is lower against Dallas than any other team. The Mavs have been able to do a good job of not letting him go off. Westbrook scares me more than Durant. I think Chandler and Haywood have a field day in this series. The Thunder have NOBODY to guard Dirk, it will be another big series from him. Mavs in 6.
Durant averaged 29 on +50%FG against you guys this season. Grantd the Mavs won every game, but also none where with our full post trade lineup and Dirk was injured in one. I also bet his Spurs average is lower than the Mavs.

Yall should have heard the crowd chanting "We Want Dal- las!" while Haddadi, Nate Rob, Ivey, Powe, and Ishmail Smith mopped the final few minutes of this up.

Also, Doris Burke is underrated. I know somebody's going to google and post a pic and make me look silly, but today she was gorgeous. She even had a little booty when she walked by, plus I like her basketball acumen but people are always *****ing when she calls a game.

Fans pretty much stood up the entire game.

That's why/when homecourt matters. Refs sucked as always, generally both ways, but I'd say we got more of the 50-50 calls than them, especially from Ed Malloy.

There was a few "M-V-{" chants for Nick Collison, and I can't say I disagreed tonight. I don't know what his was, but I read a tweet after game 6 that the Thunder are blowing the Grizzlies out over the course of his minutes, and getting blown out over the course of Perk's.

James Harden, we outscored them 70/49 when he was in the game.

Pics and videos forthcoming

Originally Posted by I AM THAT DUDE

Im working on double checking my stats, but I was talking about Durant's entire career. Durant's lowest scoring average against all NBA teams in his career: Dallas Mavericks at 20ppg. Im working on double checking that though.

**Edit** I was right. Durant's career average: 25.9 points/game. Durant's career average versus Dallas: 20.2 points/game. You could also counter the argument with Durant has averaged 27 ppg against the Mavs over his last 6. Highest of any player v Dal during that span.

You could hear it on TV.

Im working on double checking my stats, but I was talking about Durant's entire career. Durant's lowest scoring average against all NBA teams in his career: Dallas Mavericks at 20ppg. Im working on double checking that though.

**Edit** I was right. Durant's career average: 25.9 points/game. Durant's career average versus Dallas: 20.2 points/game. You could also counter the argument with Durant has averaged 27 ppg against the Mavs over his last 6. Highest of any player v Dal during that span.

You could hear it on TV.

I like OKC but Dallas has too many weapons.

Winner of this series wins the finals imo.

I like OKC but Dallas has too many weapons.

Winner of this series wins the finals imo.

Dallas will have the experience and outside shooting that OKC has not seen yet this postseason. OKC will have the speed and overall tight defense that Dallas hasn't seen yet. Very good benches on both teams. I can see it going both way, but regardless, it's gonna be a great series

Dallas will have the experience and outside shooting that OKC has not seen yet this postseason. OKC will have the speed and overall tight defense that Dallas hasn't seen yet. Very good benches on both teams. I can see it going both way, but regardless, it's gonna be a great series

Back
Top Bottom