Official Dallas Mavericks vs. OKC Thunder (WCF) Thread. Dallas Mavericks Western Conference Champs

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

too much dirk. as much as i like ibaka, he won't be able to play help D if he's checking dirk
i see us going with the kitchen sink approach on dirk.. we'll start off with ibaka (with thabo, durant and westbrook cheating off of their men).. but i could also see thabo, durant and collison all getting time on him throughout each game

pimp.gif

its gonna be raining 3s once again.

^ i dont expect us to outright double.. but i do think our guys can do a better job of cheating off and recoving than LA did

and dirk won't have as easy of a time with ibaka/collison 1 on 1 as he did with pau (not saying they can shut him down or handle him.. just that i think they will do a better job than pau did)

^ i dont expect us to outright double.. but i do think our guys can do a better job of cheating off and recoving than LA did

and dirk won't have as easy of a time with ibaka/collison 1 on 1 as he did with pau (not saying they can shut him down or handle him.. just that i think they will do a better job than pau did)

Originally Posted by franchise3

Kidd guarded him the 3 games earlier in the year. Kidd will get lit up this series.

Is that why he shot 32% against the Mavs in those 3 games this season? Also, 37% shooter for his career against Dallas....

too much dirk. as much as i like ibaka, he won't be able to play help D if he's checking dirk
i see us going with the kitchen sink approach on dirk.. we'll start off with ibaka (with thabo, durant and westbrook cheating off of their men).. but i could also see thabo, durant and collison all getting time on him throughout each game

And Dirk will roast every single one of them.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Kidd guarded him the 3 games earlier in the year. Kidd will get lit up this series.

Is that why he shot 32% against the Mavs in those 3 games this season? Also, 37% shooter for his career against Dallas....

And Dirk will roast every single one of them.

Peja didn't even have to play defense last series, considering Ron Artest was nothing but a spot up 3 pt shooter. Peja will actually have to run around and defend when he gets in the game.

Oh word, how did Lamar do on Peja when the game was on the line? He'll stay in front of his man as long as it's not Russell Westbrook or Durant.
laugh.gif

We got on Russy's case last series, but this series I think he'll be the main reason OKC advances. Kidd guarded him the 3 games earlier in the year. Kidd will get lit up this series.

Same Russell Westbrook who takes too many perimeter jumpers and shoots 37% against the Mavericks? Jason Kidd will be on him huh? Okay. I didn't know that the Memphis backcourt were known as such phenomenal defenders, yet Russ was still held to relatively poor shooting most of the series.

Dallas' bench is overhyped, because of what they did last series. The Lakers as a whole, are just an unathletic team and slow.

I guess Jason Terry is overhyped too averaging 18 PPG on over 50% shooting. Peja's definitely overhyped, one of the best shooters in NBA history. And Haywood? What a goddamn bum, all he does is rebound, block shots, and miss free throws with that long 7' frame.

Nobody can stop Dirk. Nobody can stop KD. They nullify each other for the most part.

Same Durant who scores a career low 20 PPG against us, shooting bout 40%? OH THAT KD. Dirk hasn't played particularly well against OKC either, but they lost one of their better defenders on him in Green. I can tell you right now, Serge and Collison? Eh. Perk won't do a goddamn thing against Dirk and don't expect him to see him to guard Dirk at all. Durant on Dirk wouldn't be good either.

Thabo and Durant on Dirk will have the same effect that Batum had on Dirk. Nothing. Cheating on their man, sure. But our guys make quick, crisp passes. It's no coincidence we are first in Assists per game. We get the ball to the open shooter, FAST. You want to go ahead and cheat, sure, go ahead, that's was LA did, and they failed miserably. If Durant cheats and tries to help on Dirk, Dirk passes it to Marion for an easy bucket. Thabo tries to cheat, JET will either catch-and-shoot, or drive-and-dish for an easy bucket. Westbrook tries to cheat, get the ball to Kidd, and get that ball to Tyson, FAST.

Also, I question how well Serge on Dirk will work. Why? Sure, he may cause Dallas some fits, but that also means that Perk will be on Tyson. It works against Memphis because a lot of the times, Randolph would barrel down low, that would allow both Perkins and Serge to work together in the paint. Dirk ain't going to have that. He's not going to get many second shot opportunities where he just lays it back in. Dirk is a perimeter guy, that pulls Serge out to the perimeter, where Tyson would have a huge advantage over Perkins IMO. Tyson has enough height and length that we could just go to him constantly. Case and point, his 14/18 and 17/18 nights against OKC. No, that wasn't with Perkins in the lineup, but Tyson met up with Perk once this past season, 14/15. Too long.

Look, I'm not writing OKC off, but you're writing Dallas off. That's a huge mistake. Catch my drift?

Peja didn't even have to play defense last series, considering Ron Artest was nothing but a spot up 3 pt shooter. Peja will actually have to run around and defend when he gets in the game.

Oh word, how did Lamar do on Peja when the game was on the line? He'll stay in front of his man as long as it's not Russell Westbrook or Durant.
laugh.gif

We got on Russy's case last series, but this series I think he'll be the main reason OKC advances. Kidd guarded him the 3 games earlier in the year. Kidd will get lit up this series.

Same Russell Westbrook who takes too many perimeter jumpers and shoots 37% against the Mavericks? Jason Kidd will be on him huh? Okay. I didn't know that the Memphis backcourt were known as such phenomenal defenders, yet Russ was still held to relatively poor shooting most of the series.

Dallas' bench is overhyped, because of what they did last series. The Lakers as a whole, are just an unathletic team and slow.

I guess Jason Terry is overhyped too averaging 18 PPG on over 50% shooting. Peja's definitely overhyped, one of the best shooters in NBA history. And Haywood? What a goddamn bum, all he does is rebound, block shots, and miss free throws with that long 7' frame.

Nobody can stop Dirk. Nobody can stop KD. They nullify each other for the most part.

Same Durant who scores a career low 20 PPG against us, shooting bout 40%? OH THAT KD. Dirk hasn't played particularly well against OKC either, but they lost one of their better defenders on him in Green. I can tell you right now, Serge and Collison? Eh. Perk won't do a goddamn thing against Dirk and don't expect him to see him to guard Dirk at all. Durant on Dirk wouldn't be good either.

Thabo and Durant on Dirk will have the same effect that Batum had on Dirk. Nothing. Cheating on their man, sure. But our guys make quick, crisp passes. It's no coincidence we are first in Assists per game. We get the ball to the open shooter, FAST. You want to go ahead and cheat, sure, go ahead, that's was LA did, and they failed miserably. If Durant cheats and tries to help on Dirk, Dirk passes it to Marion for an easy bucket. Thabo tries to cheat, JET will either catch-and-shoot, or drive-and-dish for an easy bucket. Westbrook tries to cheat, get the ball to Kidd, and get that ball to Tyson, FAST.

Also, I question how well Serge on Dirk will work. Why? Sure, he may cause Dallas some fits, but that also means that Perk will be on Tyson. It works against Memphis because a lot of the times, Randolph would barrel down low, that would allow both Perkins and Serge to work together in the paint. Dirk ain't going to have that. He's not going to get many second shot opportunities where he just lays it back in. Dirk is a perimeter guy, that pulls Serge out to the perimeter, where Tyson would have a huge advantage over Perkins IMO. Tyson has enough height and length that we could just go to him constantly. Case and point, his 14/18 and 17/18 nights against OKC. No, that wasn't with Perkins in the lineup, but Tyson met up with Perk once this past season, 14/15. Too long.

Look, I'm not writing OKC off, but you're writing Dallas off. That's a huge mistake. Catch my drift?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Dirk hasn't played particularly well against OKC either, but they lost one of their better defenders on him in Green. 

Disagree. If you go back to Dirk's last 8 full games against OKC he is averaging 33.5 ppg. In his last 8 full games against OKC he has scored 34, 35, 32, 24, 30, 46, 41, and 28.

Dirk hasn't played particularly well against OKC either, but they lost one of their better defenders on him in Green. 

Disagree. If you go back to Dirk's last 8 full games against OKC he is averaging 33.5 ppg. In his last 8 full games against OKC he has scored 34, 35, 32, 24, 30, 46, 41, and 28.

but you're writing Dallas off. That's a huge mistake. Catch my drift?
please show me where i did this? please.. pretty please.. please with sugar on top  

but you're writing Dallas off. That's a huge mistake. Catch my drift?
please show me where i did this? please.. pretty please.. please with sugar on top  

Durant averaged 29.3 points on 52.4 percent shooting against Dallas in the regular season.. and green one of our better defenders
eek.gif

Durant averaged 29.3 points on 52.4 percent shooting against Dallas in the regular season.. and green one of our better defenders
eek.gif

The Question Is, Who has a better shot against Miami/Chicago? Because both of them seem to be playing like the favorites for any finals match-up, IMO.

The Question Is, Who has a better shot against Miami/Chicago? Because both of them seem to be playing like the favorites for any finals match-up, IMO.

eek.gif
This year, but for his career, peep the stats.

And Green did play better defense against DIRK. Overall? Maybe not.

Is Perk going to do it for ya? Regardless, Perk, Ibaka, Green, Collison whoever, they stopping Dirk? Eh.

And I was referring to Franchise writing us off, not you.

We'd get killed against Chicago. I'd still root for my guys, but I'd desperately want to play Miami. Our depth would kill em. But I kind of think Chicago wins the ECF, and would be heavily favored against Dallas. I can see OKC doing a better job against Chicago but worse against Miami, if that makes sense.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

Is Perk going to do it for ya? Regardless, Perk, Ibaka, Green, Collison whoever, they stopping Dirk? Eh.

And I was referring to Franchise writing us off, not you.

We'd get killed against Chicago. I'd still root for my guys, but I'd desperately want to play Miami. Our depth would kill em. But I kind of think Chicago wins the ECF, and would be heavily favored against Dallas. I can see OKC doing a better job against Chicago but worse against Miami, if that makes sense.
laugh.gif

eek.gif

so for a guy 22, what would be the most relevant? or you going run with all 4 years of his career on this?

and any decent PF torched us.. so i'm going go out on a limb and say those guys will be able to do a better job than green did (and considering how poorly pau played.. i dont think the bar is set high by green or pau).. and if you miss green, thabo is only an inch or two shorter (and also stronger and overall a better defender than batum.. who you compared him to.. durant sure, since they have similiar builds, albeit batum isn't as tall as durant)

eek.gif

so for a guy 22, what would be the most relevant? or you going run with all 4 years of his career on this?

and any decent PF torched us.. so i'm going go out on a limb and say those guys will be able to do a better job than green did (and considering how poorly pau played.. i dont think the bar is set high by green or pau).. and if you miss green, thabo is only an inch or two shorter (and also stronger and overall a better defender than batum.. who you compared him to.. durant sure, since they have similiar builds, albeit batum isn't as tall as durant)

LA did not play any defense at all. You guys have a good chance.

LA did not play any defense at all. You guys have a good chance.

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Did a KNICKS fan really make this thread?
eyes.gif

Not only that but no time and date of all games in the OP?
indifferent.gif

Not even when the 1st game will be played in the thread title?
30t6p3b.gif

OKC 4-2

DIRK and dallas still being the step sister of the TEXAS teams.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Beware The Underdog

Did a KNICKS fan really make this thread?
eyes.gif

Not only that but no time and date of all games in the OP?
indifferent.gif

Not even when the 1st game will be played in the thread title?
30t6p3b.gif

OKC 4-2

DIRK and dallas still being the step sister of the TEXAS teams.
pimp.gif

Like I said, we'll see what happens.

I think OKC can take 1 game in Dallas. 2 games might be asking for too much.

I just hope and pray that it's game 1 that OKC wins, so I can read from JA how the long break had an effect on the Mavs
laugh.gif

Like I said, we'll see what happens.

I think OKC can take 1 game in Dallas. 2 games might be asking for too much.

I just hope and pray that it's game 1 that OKC wins, so I can read from JA how the long break had an effect on the Mavs
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom